Hikvision NVR DS-7104N-SN firmware

PETERSBURG

n3wb
Reaction score
You can find NVR 7104/7108 updated with "multilanguage" on aliexpre... site, it's more easy to configure and use it. Normaly 7104/7108 are dedicated to China.

Reactions: Oki

Lixao

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I come to report what happened to me, I searched for a lot of information on this topic, after all I had a problem similar to yours.

I bought on the aliexpress the NVR DS7108-SN / P. I also bought two types of IP cameras, one just connected the POE port and it worked perfectly, but the other was only working after update (I put the latest firmware version I found) and it worked perfectly.

So I decided to update the NVR firmware. The same came with firmware multiple languages, so far so good. I found that if you wish to use the latest firmware version you only have in Chinese language, then I recommend that you do not waste your time trying to update this NVR for new versions, because the only difference I noticed was the security, however, if you do not read Chinese is best to leave the previous one. I was forced to return the firmware (downgrade), whose procedure appears in this topic in previous messages.

Another problem I had was with ezviz cloud p2p, the same did not activate at all. Whenever I tried to activate and put the serial number of the NVR it said that the NVR was off or that it did not exist, so when I clicked on custons and added the address dev.sa.ezviz7.com it activated OK. Out of curiosity I deactivated the address and tried again and to my surprise continued to work, which seemed to be necessary to force the operation by putting this address. There, I left the google DNS configured (8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4), because I was in doubt if the problem could not be the DNS that did not find the cloud, but I did not return the previous DNS to take a new test .

Many thanks to all and much success!

Gixxer

n3wb
Reaction score
After upgrading my Chinese bought R0 camera's following the instructions on this forum (thank you) I would like to upgrade the firmware on my NVR. I've got a DS-7104-SN/P which also came from China. It's running firmare 3.0.7 and the country code is "RR" which I think means "other"?
How straight forward is it to upgrade the firmware and how big are the chances of bricking it (and if bricked is there a way to recover)?
I found the English and Multi Language firmware on the european hikvision page, version 3.0.18. Language on the Camera's is set to 01 (English) using the Hex editor described elsewhere on this forum.
Language on the NVR is 2 but my interface is in English and works fine with the camera’s that I changed to language 1. Do I need tochange the nvr language to 1 with hiktool?
Or can I just go ahead and upgrade straight to 3.0.18 or are there any prerequisites?

Last edited:

Lixao

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Friend. I do not recommend you upgrade to 3.0.18, I tried and for that version and it was only in Chinese, I tried to change the language as recommended here in this forum, but it did not work. So I was forced to downgrade to version 3.0.13.

But if you want to try, I wish you good luck.

Gixxer

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, I’ll stick to 3.0.13 from this thread then ;)

edit: pulled the trigger and I'm on 3.0.13 now, thanks :)

Last edited:

thelawnet

n3wb
Reaction score
I am considering this NVR for new Hikvision cameras.

How does it compare to a more modern model? Is h.265+ supported?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It's an old model, discontinued, only supports 1080p cameras.
No h.265
I have one for sale on eBay just now that I bought as spares only and fixed up.