Hikvision NVR English firmware 3.4.80

von101

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey i updated my DS-7608NI E2/8p to v3.480 and it fixed the email issue

von101

n3wb
Reaction score
Update: test email on nvr works. I am getting the test email in my gmail account. But on cam settings test email failed. Not sure why

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey i updated my DS-7608NI E2/8p to v3.480 and it fixed the email issue
Interesting.
If you have time, and have the cameras and NVR set up with motion detection and continuous recording, could you see if the web GUI Playback timeline shows motion markings along the continuous line?
We seem to have variable experience with that on this firmware.

von101

n3wb
Reaction score
Interesting.
If you have time, and have the cameras and NVR set up with motion detection and continuous recording, could you see if the web GUI Playback timeline shows motion markings along the continuous line?
We seem to have variable experience with that on this firmware.
During playback i am not seeing any motion markings.Let me add also that all my cams are on the latest firmware v5.40 . And on cam settings under email they all have the option to select TLS and Enable STARTTLS which i both selected on port 587. But after the latest nvr update i notice these options are not there on NVR or not yet added

Getting motion markings(red) in GUI playback

Last edited by a moderator:

von101

n3wb
Reaction score
UPdate: Gmail working for me.. now. Also getting emails on my hotmail account with pics as well. Anyone else with similar experience?

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

von101

n3wb
Reaction score
i would like to upgrade mine to try it but not sure http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Back-ends/Recorder/NVR/DS-7600NI-E1(E2) 7700NI-E4/V3.4.80 build160718 English+Multi-lingual/

there now have NVR_K41_BL_EN_STD_V3.4.80_160718.zip and NVR_K41_BL_ML_STD_V3.4.80_160718.zip but which one would you use the nvr sn has AARR - WCVU words in it so it's not a China one?
I used Eng FW since i have 7608 international english version bought from Aliexpress

von101

n3wb
Reaction score
i think he does would you use eng or overseas just worried about stuffing it up
It seems that we have the same NVR model.All i did was to just login to my NVR and upgraded it from hikvision GUI using the browse function. Of course i downloaded it from Hik Euro before , extracted and save to my PC desktop. I think you should not have any concerns about correct FW. It validates firstly.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
@von101
Yes absolutely
Check out the seemingly greyed-out icon at the bottom left of the Playback web GUI screen.
If you select, say, motion, and let it work for a second or so, you'll see quite a different time-line appear.

cenfl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know latest version of stable firmware for DS-7608NI-SE/8P

I am in US using US firmware version I believe and not sure if I can switch to European/multilanguage versions of firmware?

Have attached pic of my unit specs. THank you

Thank you.

Attachments

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Do you have to spam the forum with the same question? This isn't even a thread about DS-7608NI-SE/8P.

I wasn't being unhelpful before, if you take this short-cut approach you are going to end up bricking your NVR.

cenfl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey Boy,

Don't appreciate you're labeling my attempts to receive help on a public forum as spam.

Thank you for your accommodating attitude here.

I bet you're one of those that voted for Brexit.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I bet you're one of those that voted for Brexit.
You really are a complete idiot saying stuff like this. You've posted 4 times in different threads asking the same stupid question and can't be bothered to do any research. This is spamming.

When you end up bricking your NVR I guess that will be someone else's fault too.

I bet you're one of those who voted without researching. Bit like randomly trying to update the wrong firmware on your NVR.

scn101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice that this new FW times out on the web interface? On 3.4.62 I could leave a tab open on Firefox for a week and start video or playback anytime. Now, 3.4.80 seems to timeout after a period of inactivity. Or so I've observed. I have auto logout set to never.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Brexit was a great move....why do you refer to voting for it as a negative?...makes no sense to me....
Not for Scotland - we didn't vote for it, a definite No vote, as opposed to the almost balanced result overall.