Hikvision NVR - Issues with iVMS & Mobile App

Reaction score
Hello everyone - i've been a long time browser, first time poster. Recently decided to take the jump and upgrade my system to a Hikvision camera system. Have 16 cameras plugged in and for the most part working.

Some background to my system:
1) NVR i'm using 32CH
Hikvision DS-7732N-E4/16P Network 32CH NVR with 16 POE Interface IP Camera NVR

I have some cameras plugged directly into the NVR through POE, the others I have comming through my LAN. You'll notice the IP's change from .254.1 to .1.1. I have two ONVIF PTZ cameras that i also got to work.

The problems i'm facing
1) When I connect to the DVR through the app remotely or locally it appears that there's only one channel. And it's the same channel on every device i tried it on. When i go into the NVR and change the channel # for a specific camera i get the error "wrong channel" or something like that and it won't reconnect to the camera until i set it back to 1.

2) Since some cameras aren't through the POE ports on the back, they show up as cameras 17/18 etc on the NVR config panel. So all the cameras comming from my lan don't show up on the VMS software on my computer.

Any help would be much appreciated, i've spent hours trying to sort this out!

Attachments

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
When i go into the NVR and change the channel # for a specific camera i get the error "wrong channel"
IP cameras are generally not multi-channel devices, so the channel 1 default would be normal.

It sounds like your query is more about removing the gap due to unused PoE channels than any problems connecting things.
If you don't intend to add any more PoE connected cameras, you could modify the next unused PoE channel to have the LAN IP address of one of the LAN-connected cameras and fill it that way. Change the Mode to 'Manual' instead of 'Plug & Play'.

Reaction score
That's a great idea. I'll try that out now.
What are your thoughts on the mobile app only showing one channel?

Reaction score
IP cameras are generally not multi-channel devices, so the channel 1 default would be normal.

It sounds like your query is more about removing the gap due to unused PoE channels than any problems connecting things.
If you don't intend to add any more PoE connected cameras, you could modify the next unused PoE channel to have the LAN IP address of one of the LAN-connected cameras and fill it that way. Change the Mode to 'Manual' instead of 'Plug & Play'.

Thank you so much! This solved the issue with iVMS not displaying the cameras on my LAN. I first took a screen shot of the camera configuration lan to get their IPs, then deleted them and added them 1 by 1 "Manually" to the POE ports per your suggestion. The last problem i'm facing is the issue with the mobile app.

I have ports 8000 forwarded to the NVR. I load up the app type in all the information, it connects but tells me the NVR only has 1 channel and displays one camera

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It's good that this worked. Until you want to add another PoE-connected camera in between ...
first took a screen shot of the camera configuration lan to get their IPs,
SADP will find and display all Hikvision devices on the LAN, it's a useful tool. On a PC.
I'm sorry but I don't have a response for your last query - I don't do any 'port forwarding (too big a risk) and have never used iVMS.

Reaction score
It's good that this worked. Until you want to add another PoE-connected camera in between ...

SADP will find and display all Hikvision devices on the LAN, it's a useful tool. On a PC.
I'm sorry but I don't have a response for your last query - I don't do any 'port forwarding (too big a risk) and have never used iVMS.

No problem, the issue is with the mobile app. How have you setup mobile phones to connect to the DVR without port forwarding?

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just bumping this thread, does anyone have thoughts for the mobile app?
Screen shot attached
it really seems as if you may have altered the user settings. i see your logging in as the admin, check to make sure that "admin" has full access!! it is possible to setup users with different restrictions. one of those restrictions is what channels are viewable. now that i think about it though, when i login to one of my user profiles that is limited to viewing only one camera, it still lists the full quantity of my cameras at the bottom of the device page where yours only lists one. so that is odd. but double check your user account settings