Hikvision NVR Region 2 + IP Camera Region 1

IPCAMPR34

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I purchased the DS-7616N-E2 / 16P running Firmware V3.0.10 build 141126 and is region 2 hacked for multi language by the seller.

Problem is I have 5 Hikvision IP cameras, 2 of them are 5.2.0 firmware with region 1 which say " Language Version Mismatch" in the NVR.

I used the hiktools method mentioned here(http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=44991) to change the cameras to region 2 which still did not work.

Any tips?

Thanks in advance.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
First stay on this forum lol, you can try a few things what I would do first is change the firmware of the cameras down to 5.1.6 then do the mtd hack, you will find in the sticky section of this sub forum. The camera should run nicely once done.

By the way you doen't need to change your cameras into Chinese that will give you, the language miss match issue.

The NVR firmware, if you download from the EU or US Hikvision sites firmware 3.10 then use hiktools to change the region flag to 1 then tftp this onto the nvr, this will fix your language miss match.

Last edited by a moderator:

IPCAMPR34

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks whooslooking, the 7616 I have is a 16 port poe nvr can I use the standard firmware for the 8 port version?

My best option seem to be the camera, but it is already in region 1 mode. The MTD hack disables the language mismatch? I am unable to find FW 5.1.6 can 5.1.2 work?

First stay on this forum lol, you can try a few things what I would do first is change the firmware of the cameras down to 5.1.6 then do the mtd hack, you will find in the sticky section of this sub forum. The camera should run nicely once done.

By the way you doen't need to change your cameras into Chinese that will give you, the language miss match issue.

The NVR firmware, if you download from the EU or US Hikvision sites firmware 3.10 then use hiktools to change the region flag to 1 then tftp this onto the nvr, this will fix your language miss match.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Look af my signature below for the firmware, also you could load a different firmwarm to the nvr like 3.07 which doesn't care what region the camera's are from.