Hikvision Problems after 1.5 years

Reaction score
I am a new user and have been seearching the forums for the answers to my questions without success. I will welcome advise on how to better use the forum or direct answers to my problem.

I have two Hikvision DS-2CD2032F-I cameras that were purchased from two sellers on Amazon. Both were purported to be "US Versions." Both installed fine and recorded motion activated video to the SD cards inside for a year and a half. Recently, they have been crashing. One is on the default IP address, the other is on a different IP address. Both Cameras are on 5.3.0 firmware. Both end up back on the default IP address and, of course, that won't work!

I would upgrade the firmware if I could find the correct version for these cameras.

Any suggestions on what I should do would be greatly appreciated as psychiatrists are very expensive here in SW Florida.

Thank you!!!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am a new user and have been seearching the forums for the answers to my questions without success. I will welcome advise on how to better use the forum or direct answers to my problem.

I have two Hikvision DS-2CD2032F-I cameras that were purchased from two sellers on Amazon. Both were purported to be "US Versions." Both installed fine and recorded motion activated video to the SD cards inside for a year and a half. Recently, they have been crashing. One is on the default IP address, the other is on a different IP address. Both Cameras are on 5.3.0 firmware. Both end up back on the default IP address and, of course, that won't work!

I would upgrade the firmware if I could find the correct version for these cameras.

Any suggestions on what I should do would be greatly appreciated as psychiatrists are very expensive here in SW Florida.

Thank you!!!
if you port forwarded the cameras or used upnp they have been hacked...see hacked threads...hikvision has the correct firmware on the website if they are US versions...see threads to confirm its US by serial number

Reaction score
if you port forwarded the cameras or used upnp they have been hacked...see hacked threads...hikvision has the correct firmware on the website if they are US versions...see threads to confirm its US by serial number
The Hikvision usa website just says "coming soon" when I search for the model number DS-2CD2032F-I.

Reaction score
I am not finding the information on using serial number to verify USA version product. Perhaps I am not using the search correctly???

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
WR=World Region and should be OK to upgrade.
It's unlikely the WR has been hacked, though it is possible and easy enough to do.

Reaction score
Thank you all for your help. I believe my problems have been resolved. Both cameras have been operating as expected for over two days. I went ahead and downloaded the firmware for the DS-2CD2032-I. Firmware specifically for the DS-2CD2032F-I was never found. Installed the two upgrades in order, rebooting in between. Now running 5.4.5 build 170117 on both cameras. This seems to have resolved the resetting issue. Time will tell, I guess! Thank you again!