Hikvision Q1 Network PT Camera's will not modify in SADP

Studioph

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, since a few days I am struggling with my new two HIKVISION Q1 Network PT camera's model DS-2CV2Q21FD-IW
With ethernet cables direct to my router the camera's are working via HIK Connect at my smartphone perfect

When I start SADP I see both camera's but when I click at the IP address several browsers gave the same page 404 Error and when I try to modify the camera setting the pop up Device rejected pops up.

Both camera's I reset via the rest button already twice they get a new IP address but still same problem

When I bought the camera's in Hanoi last week I insisted that the salesman in the shop showed me that both camera's worked with cable as well as via WiFi and they did it worked fine

Maybe they put something in the memory of the camera;s what I can't change?

Who knows what I am doing wrong or what must be the proper way to start all over again from factory default?

Thanks in advance,

PH

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
When I start SADP I see both camera's but when I click at the IP address several browsers gave the same page 404 Error
Is the IP address as shown by SADP in the range that your LAN / PC is using?
Do they both show the same IP address?
If so - you need to power one off to prevent a conflict.
SADP will find Hikvision devices across all network ranges on the same wiring as the PC.

Studioph

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes both IP addresses are in the correct range and different

Router is 192.168.1.1 and the camera's got after button reset 192.168.1.65 and 192.168.1.68
Personally I think that because when I try to modify via SADP and the pop up "Device rejected" shows up that the camera's are blocked in some way
Is the reset method via the button behind the cover and right of the SDHC card port a total reset , the camera is as coming out of the box?

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
This camera has to go thro iVMS then change it there it won’t read via sadap it auto connects and says that via its little speaker
Add the device to iVMS on the laptop
admin
Password is admin(code) with the camera
Then you can change the new password
Then delete from iVMS then re add and change its ip
From iVMS and these have no web page all changes are made thro iVMS
Similar to batch configuration tool great little camera

Studioph

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation.

It is a pity that I am now away from home two days so I can work on the cameras first thing Sunday afternoon

Of course I let you know asap if I got the camera's working

Again thanks

PH

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation.

It is a pity that I am now away from home two days so I can work on the cameras first thing Sunday afternoon

Of course I let you know asap if I got the camera's working

Again thanks

PH
Let me know if you have problems I can screenshot what you need
And they hook up to hic connect easily too

Studioph

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Marku2 for the offer, like I told before only tomorrow I can work on the camera;s again and while connected via cable I worked already with HIK Connect and had perfect images.
Do you agree that pushing the reset button brings back the real factory settings of the camera? So the settings the shop maybe changed will be automatically cancelled?
PH

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks Marku2 for the offer, like I told before only tomorrow I can work on the camera;s again and while connected via cable I worked already with HIK Connect and had perfect images.
Do you agree that pushing the reset button brings back the real factory settings of the camera? So the settings the shop maybe changed will be automatically cancelled?
PH
yes if you pull the little flap open stick a tooth pick in and reset it back to factory
power it up then it says "successfully connected to network" and after that just load up ivms 4200 on the computer
then you will see it under devices on line
click add to client
nickname
address( leave as is for the time)
port (don't change)
user name--- admin
password----- admin(code on camera sticker usually called verification code note there is no space between admin and your code)
it then should say successfully added to client
then it will show password risky click on it so it highlighted then hit remote configuration then you can change its ip address and password to match what you want
once done delete it from the client list. and you will see it again on the bottom with its new ip address and password.
just add again to the client enter your new password and off it goes with remote configuration you can set everything exactly like the normal web gui

Studioph

n3wb
Reaction score
Camera's reset via IP search see the two ip addresses in same reach of Router and PC
But after starting IVM4200 the camera's don't show up in this software?

Any idea ?

Studioph

n3wb
Reaction score
I checked the HIK Cloud P2P Account in IVM4200 and the camera's are showing up with the HIK Connect IP I assume both the same and their own device serial numbers so the camera's are connected to the internet and I can both camera's seen at my mobile phone via the HIK Connect app

Studioph

n3wb
Reaction score
Deleted IVMS4200 and re installed and now I see the two camera's ! and will follow your script keep you posted

Studioph

n3wb
Reaction score
I have contact with the camera's changed the port numbers and adjusted the NAT settings in my Router.
I see the camera's in IVMS4500 app and HikConnect app when the network cable is attached but WiFi doesn't work.
It looks like HIK Connect is not for 100% working?
Or how do you go from ethernet cable connection to purely WiFi connection?

PH

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok with ivms on the LAPTOP OR COMPUTER
click on the camera to highlight then click on remote configuration
it will show all the settings like any other hikvision camera you need to open up wifi settings and enter
all your info click save and it should then hook up with out the network cable

Studioph

n3wb
Reaction score
I found the remote configuration but there are a lot of variables to mess up!
Where do I change the portnumer 80 or 8000 in the port number which is in my Router NAT fore warding which is 6622 and 6633

Studioph

n3wb
Reaction score
Eureka......................after another hour of try and error I got the camera's up and working via WiFi.
Thanks a lot for your excellent advice because without it was not possible with the official information from HIKvision to get the camera's working

Regards
PH

Reaction score
yes if you pull the little flap open stick a tooth pick in and reset it back to factory
power it up then it says "successfully connected to network" and after that just load up ivms 4200 on the computer
then you will see it under devices on line
click add to client
nickname
address( leave as is for the time)
port (don't change)
user name--- admin
password----- admin(code on camera sticker usually called verification code note there is no space between admin and your code)
it then should say successfully added to client
then it will show password risky click on it so it highlighted then hit remote configuration then you can change its ip address and password to match what you want
once done delete it from the client list. and you will see it again on the bottom with its new ip address and password.
just add again to the client enter your new password and off it goes with remote configuration you can set everything exactly like the normal web gui
Thank you marku2.