HOME ASSISTANT (Assist) Voice Assistant

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Back in Stock:

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Today i installed

Piper+Whisper+ChatGPT 3.5 turbo

Its crazy how it works. it even knows the entities without any configuration, smart.

read a bit about local ai model, but skipped the plan for now.
looks like these LMA text models need lot of ram to run. my HA tinybox only have 4GB. need to find a machine with 4 slots first, then put 4x16gb or more in it (what i can get for cheap) to test.
so for now chatgpt api should be fine. fired some commands, wasted 1 cent already :D

have you tried local lma ?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I like the idea of local AI. Have to admit, Google/Alexa did a good job in answering questions and bring info to us. Just hate their data banking and invasion of privacy. I know it is hard to get away from all of this without unplugging but I am still trying...

@duplo
So what mic/speaker are you using? I have noticed my Box-3 has to be rebooted alot, I may just need new firmware...

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looks like the GPT AI is too dumb.

i have several bathrooms on different floors, it knows that i have a bathroom in second floor, but i only have a bathtube in the other.
so it tries to turn on entities for things that does not exist and also the entities does not exist.

:confused: disappointing

also if i ask "has the bathtube a seperate light" it turns the light on :D , but i didnt ask for it