How can I embed a RLC-410 in a web page?

truetaurus

n3wb
Reaction score
I want to embed a live video feed stream from my RLC-410 camera. But struggle to get this done.

I am using VLC to try to connect to my IP camera (reolink):

When I use this:

rtsp://admin:admin@local_ip_address

It works and connects fine. However when I use this:

rtsp://admin:admin@public_ip_address

It brings up the authentication box and asks for my username and password again - seems like its wrong. So it is connecting to it because if i change the public_ip_address to a random one, it cant find it. So for some reason the authentication fails when I try access via the public_ip_address.

If i go to public_ip_address in my browser, i connect fine to the camera.

Does anyone know why this authentication fails?

Does anyone maybe have a better way to easily embed my video stream in a web page that does not require extra hardware/costs?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Reolink is a junk camera.

For security reasons you should not have any cameras exposed to the Internet. You will get hacked. Do not use any cloud products. Do not open use port forwarding.

Please read the cliff notes and other items in the wiki. The wiki is in the blue bar at the top of the page.

truetaurus

n3wb
Reaction score
what would you recommend then? See i dont want an expensive camera, this camera will be used outside to record animals. Also whats a good alternative camera that has audio recording too and not so pricey?

Here is my usecase: I live in Africa and have a safari park. There is a watering hole in front and I would like to live stream on my website this watering hole.