How often do you guys reboot/restart Your NVR

Travieso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just Wondering how often everyone reboots/restarts their NVR, Curious as to how often I should reboot mine. I dont think I haven't restarted for more then 4 weeks. Just a General questions curious as to what people are doing.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I never reboot it unless I have to do some changes either moving it or hard drive replacement. Didn't notice any performance issues.

hamsoplo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mine is set to restart every week in the firmware, I never bothered to change it.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The last time I restarted my primary NVR was when I did a firmware update after it had been running for over a year.

Travieso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Beautiful, Looks like I got nothing to worry about, I remember back in the days when I was running analog cameras on a capture card running window PC I would have to manually restart the machine every week or so, If not it would not be reliable. The last time I restarted my NVR was also when I did a Firmware, I'm quite impress with the stability of the Hikvision NVR'S

Last edited by a moderator:

username

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I try not to reboot my NVR. Every time I've done it (restart or shutdown) I find several camera's no longer capturing on motion, although live view works. I then have to identify which cameras are capturing by checking playback on every one and then rebooting that individual camera. PITA.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I try not to reboot my NVR. Every time I've done it (restart or shutdown) I find several camera's no longer capturing on motion, although live view works. I then have to identify which cameras are capturing by checking playback on every one and then rebooting that individual camera. PITA.
Then you have a defective NVR/firmware, which is going to be a problem after a power outage...you will miss video...Murphy's law will bite you...

username

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It is on a UPS. But of course, I will still have the same problem, as I will be shutting down when power goes down, if I am present at that time.
I don't know how I can prove to the vendor that it may be defective. I would have to return it and they would have to spend time checking it to make sure they can reproduce the problem.

I've stayed away from firmware update. Read too many problem posts about updating.
I have HIK 7716NI-SP/16 currently populated with 8 cameras, soon to be 10 cameras. I did not observe problems earlier when I only had 5 cameras attached. I suppose I could unplug a few and see how it goes, just have to find time to do that sort of playing.

The other odd thing I've noticed (perhaps I have a setting configured wrong) is that I used to be able to playback 4 cameras at once, now I can only do 2. If I select 3 then I get 'no link' and if I select 4, the other spot on the screen is merely blank.

My firmware is v3.3.5 Build 151119. I think I saw updated firmware online but until recently did not have any issues. The camera's are set to 15fps using 264+.

The camera's are all hik 2142FWD-I 4MP, a few of them have a newer firmware than the original 6 I purchased.

Do you have any suggestions based on this info?
Thanks,

Warsaws

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It's never occurred to me to reboot mine. I guess I could do that though.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It is on a UPS. But of course, I will still have the same problem, as I will be shutting down when power goes down, if I am present at that time.
I don't know how I can prove to the vendor that it may be defective. I would have to return it and they would have to spend time checking it to make sure they can reproduce the problem.

I've stayed away from firmware update. Read too many problem posts about updating.
I have HIK 7716NI-SP/16 currently populated with 8 cameras, soon to be 10 cameras. I did not observe problems earlier when I only had 5 cameras attached. I suppose I could unplug a few and see how it goes, just have to find time to do that sort of playing.

The other odd thing I've noticed (perhaps I have a setting configured wrong) is that I used to be able to playback 4 cameras at once, now I can only do 2. If I select 3 then I get 'no link' and if I select 4, the other spot on the screen is merely blank.

My firmware is v3.3.5 Build 151119. I think I saw updated firmware online but until recently did not have any issues. The camera's are set to 15fps using 264+.

The camera's are all hik 2142FWD-I 4MP, a few of them have a newer firmware than the original 6 I purchased.

Do you have any suggestions based on this info?
Thanks,
Where did you buy the NVR?

username

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok, thanks. I'll look into that.
Appreciate the help

username

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I updated the NVR firmware (not the cameras). Had a few hurdles doing this. I run linux and using Firefox to access the NVR I was not able to enter the .mav in the update field. I guess the software is hard coded to open windows explorer. I had to start windows in a virtual machine and access the NVR w/ IE. That worked fine.

The updated firmware did not fix any of the issues I mentioned earlier.

Travieso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
time to open a support ticket with Nelly, I'm sure they will set you straight. Good Luck