How to get Blue Iris to automatically start when restarting PC w/Windows 8.1

jimmymac

n3wb
Reaction score
How can I get Blue Iris to automatically start when restarting PC w/Windows 8.1. I used to use it with XP and could get it to auto start after the PC restated. Haven't been able to figure it out as both Windows 8.1 and BI4 is new to me.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

brazeagle

n3wb
Reaction score
You did not do it correctly, it does work 100 percent. Go back, do it again, and slowly.
I followed through exactly step by step, it does not open automatically at all. If I double click on the shortcut it opens after I accept that this program will make changes to the system...strange. I appreciate any inputs to make this work. My computerlevel is moderate to proficient, but I am unable to get this one to work.
Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I followed through exactly step by step, it does not open automatically at all. If I double click on the shortcut it opens after I accept that this program will make changes to the system...strange. I appreciate any inputs to make this work. My computerlevel is moderate to proficient, but I am unable to get this one to work.
Thanks
Post screenshots of all your settings. You are certainly doing something incorrectly. I'm using this method on 20 BI machines and they all work as expected.

brazeagle

n3wb
Reaction score
Post screenshots of all your settings. You are certainly doing something incorrectly. I'm using this method on 20 BI machines and they all work as expected.
MY MISTAKE, I missed steps 7 and 8 DETAILS...that was the error...IT IS WORKING now and I thank you very much for your continuous help and assistance.

All the best,
Luiz

gtj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello.

I'm new to the forum. I just set a BI server (full version) on a windows 10 PC and as I wanted it to automatically launch the application with every restart, I followed the above recommendation by @fenderman and it does now start indeed.

I then later noticed the ''run as a Windows Service option'' within the BI Startup menu and ticked that box as well.

Do I still need that first method above or is it safe to assume that the ''run-as-a-service'' option was later added in the software and overrides the manual first method?

For the time being, with both options, BI starts with every boot but not as a service. GUI starts as well while not necessary in my case.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jonjonbear

n3wb
Reaction score
If you set BI to run as a service, I read that it doesn't have the UI so how to you access it locally? Do you use a browser window as if you are accessing it remotely?
Also, if you try it and don't like it, is it easily reversible back to normal?
Thanks! John

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you set BI to run as a service, I read that it doesn't have the UI so how to you access it locally? Do you use a browser window as if you are accessing it remotely?
Also, if you try it and don't like it, is it easily reversible back to normal?
Thanks! John
you can still launch the interface, it just wont do it automatically...
yes, its a click of a button..

jonjonbear

n3wb
Reaction score
you can still launch the interface, it just wont do it automatically...
yes, its a click of a button..
Awesome, thanks so much. I've wanted to try it but didn't know if it was as one way deal.

Cheers,
John

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
For some reason after working for over a year without any issues, BI won't start without selecting yes. What could have happened? Thanks.

Reaction score
The sevenforums trick does work! Be careful at every step. My problem was one single typo. That's all it takes to make it fail.

So just be careful. BUT WHY WON'T BLUE IRIS FIX THIS PROBLEM? Such a complicated solution shouldn't be necessary.