How to tell what make a re-branded camera is?

Brian Martin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Really? Reolink boss is one of my best friends, this guy before worked at Swan and now set up this brand, they do oem at a Swan OEM factory, quality not bad. But still as a toy camera actually speaking.
I love it ( Toy Camera ) right to the point Andy.. by the way I love my PTZ I got from you last month. AWESOME camera and a great price !

Brian Martin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Plugging @nayr. You should look up member nayr on this forum and read his Dahua Camera reviews. You will get a good idea what these cameras can do and the quality of what you get. If you are interested in a particular cam as Andy for a price delivered. If you want to know more about the cam put the product number in the search bar above and you should get hits. If you don't see a thread about a particular cam make a new thread with the camera number asking for input. Members here are always willing to share advice.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If i can talk with them i will do that. He is a big boss now sold 20million USD cams last year.
Part of the reason must be that Reolink cameras were available at decent prices and large quantities at places like Amazon.com with "Prime" fulfillment. That means they ship from Amazon's warehouses and arrive in just a few days (not weeks), and with a great return policy. So more people discovered them when searching for security cameras, and they trust Amazon.com so they were more likely to place an order.

cb8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Really? Reolink boss is one of my best friends, this guy before worked at Swan and now set up this brand, they do oem at a Swan OEM factory, quality not bad. But still as a toy camera actually speaking.
Small world indeed! Maybe unfair to compare them, since their price they're not the same price point... build quality is fine, metal housing, though the plastic locking mechanism always had me worried it would break when taking it apart. I have the older revision where the ethernet connector was unnecessary big. The main downfall was image quality at night when it really mattered. Also, the varifocal is really handy for newbies as I had idea what focal length I really needed, 4mm is way to wide for my frontdoor and I end up getting way too much of my walls. Really, you should be outselling your buddy ;)

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Andy,

Question - who does Reolink use to fab their cameras?