Huisun 10x v1 mini PTZ completely dead

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
power adapters? get a PoE+ switch or midspan and put it on a UPS..

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This was a short run to the camera (about 5') from the switch. The camera included a 12V 4A adapter so I had it plugged into a surge protector/power strip. The 8 port PoE switch is also plugged into the surge protector with 4 other cameras connected to it. Two cameras are powered through PoE and 3 of the cameras are powered with power adapters, including the Poker. All are short runs since they're in a 8' x 12' shed (1 inside, 4 outside). None of the other cameras were affected by the power outage.

I tried another 12V 4A power supply today and the camera initializes, does its dance and the LED on the switch is lit but the camera is not showing up on the LAN. Fing doesn't find it, nor does the IPCWizard program that was included with the Pokers. Also tried ONVIF device manager with no luck. Will have to remove it from the shed and bring it inside and mess with it some more but I think it's toast.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm having bad luck with cameras this year. I went many years with no camera failures and now this year I've had a Huisun PTZ fail possibly because of high temps and a Poker PTZ go tits up because of a power outage/surge. The two Poker 10X PTZ's were $250+ each (ouch!). :sad2: The other Poker is still working great, but it's powered through a UPS inside the house. It might be risky using a UPS inside the shed because of the high temps in the summer and cold temps in the winter (no insulation).

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That's probably a good idea. I may go that route after I replace the Poker PTZ. At least I got a couple of years of use out of it. It was my least favorite PTZ camera. Brightness, contrast, sharpness, etc. were not adjustable on that one. The second one I ordered was fine and still is. Will probably replace the defective one with a Imporx which is half the cost and much better image quality.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'll just use the dead Huisun for spare parts. It's not worth the price to ship it back. Besides that, I would guess that Monica has vanished, so there goes the support which was non-existent to start with.

I'm using the new replacement camera (Imporx v2) as a LPR. It works great but wish there was day and night settings in the config. It's fantastic for reading license plates at night but with the shutter set at 1/250 and iris at 3.4, it's too bright for daytime use. Not too big of a deal though because I have two other cameras pointed in the same direction for daytime captures. Here's a couple of LPR pics.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Check the LPR thread, I posted the settings that I am using and it works great day and night. 1/500 or 1/1000

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You mean these settings? I made the changes and will see how it works tonight and tomorrow. Thanks.

settings:
Image adjustment tab: all 50%
Exposure tab: shutter priority, 1/1000, bias off, compensation & gain @ 50%
backlight tab: WDR on @ 20
image enhancement tab: DNR on, 2d @ 20, 3d @20
IR setting: 'near' and 'far' at 10

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Shutter priority 1/500 is what I have set, iris is not changeable in this mode.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
For some reason those settings didn't work for me. The license plates were not readable. These settings work great during the night with my camera.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Your exposure setting is the problem. Need to use shutter priority

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a V1 and V2 dead. they both exposed to direct sun light. I messages huisun. they don't even want to chat if I am not buy any shit from her.
How long did they last and what was the temp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I have 4 of the Huisun PTZ V1's and so far so good. Three of the four are out in the sunlight. One is under an eave and mostly in the shade.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Make sure you are not using internal POE. I've had number of these and so far so good, would much rather take my chances then deal with noisy Hikvision or Dahua junk. I love functionality and night vision in those mini PTZs and even if any of them fail I would replace with another one.