Huisun 10x v1 mini PTZ completely dead

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
This is the 2nd day of 104 degree temperature with 3 of 4 cameras out in the Sun. So far so good.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
So, no one is screaming... yet. This was a speculation that temperature affected, perhaps they have improved some things or used different parts/suppliers which are unaffected by high temperature.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
well it was 110 yesterday and 100 today my V1 still up and running, this coming weekend is going to be 100+ for 3 days.
Regards.
Chewie

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Maybe it wasn't the heat that killed mine. Guess it's possible that a weak component just failed, but it did happen on the hottest day so far this year. Oh well, I got spare parts. :D

riceandbeans

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just wanted to put in my data point and say that my v1 is on the fritz. Purchased in Sept 2015 and had first occurrence of failure about a month ago. Temps at the time were in the low to mid 90s ambient; cam in the shade all day. Symptoms of failure are that the camera goes offline and does not respond to network ping on ICMP nor TCP port 80/443. However, the camera is still indeed powered on as evidenced by the IR LEDs come on when it transitions to night. On other cams I've built/used, this logic circuit is independent of the IPC/DSP; however with the v1 I believe it is integrated as the near/far LEDs have power logic which is configurable via the f/w. This leads me to believe the power supply to the cam is OK (LEDs are on, usually 12VDC), and the IPC/DSP has some level of sentience (LEDs on); however it appears all network function to/from the cam goes down. Cam is powered via 12VDC on the 2.1mm barrel plug. Cam seems to go down fairly reliably after about 10-16h of on-time and does not appear to be correlated to ambient temps. Power cycling the cam appears to resolve the issue until the next occurrence. Rate of occurrence appears stable within 30d window.

I'm keeping an eye on CPU/resources on the cam as I believe it may be a memory leak in the f/w. Here's a dump of my env:

Serial No. 102F3E561BFE919832
Program Version V1.0.2 Build 201509160901
Control Version MiniPtz_V1.0.2_build201509241507
Web Page Version 1.1.1 Build 20150924
Plugin Version 1.0.3.39
Number of Channels 1
Disk Quantity 0
Number of Alarm Input 1
Number of Alarm Output 1
CPU 50%
Memory 107/132

riceandbeans

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you tried resetting/reloading firmware?
No. Have been monitoring and want to change as few variables as possible. Goal is to root cause, then solve; and not the other way around. If I can find a solution hopefully that will help everybody.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just wanted to put in my data point and say that my v1 is on the fritz. Purchased in Sept 2015 and had first occurrence of failure about a month ago. Temps at the time were in the low to mid 90s ambient; cam in the shade all day. Symptoms of failure are that the camera goes offline and does not respond to network ping on ICMP nor TCP port 80/443. However, the camera is still indeed powered on as evidenced by the IR LEDs come on when it transitions to night. On other cams I've built/used, this logic circuit is independent of the IPC/DSP; however with the v1 I believe it is integrated as the near/far LEDs have power logic which is configurable via the f/w. This leads me to believe the power supply to the cam is OK (LEDs are on, usually 12VDC), and the IPC/DSP has some level of sentience (LEDs on); however it appears all network function to/from the cam goes down...
Geez Louise R&B. Let me provide a translation for the laymen amongst us...

If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port, and the bus is interrupted at a very last resort,
and the access of the memory makes your POE abort, then the socket packet pocket has an error to report.
If your cursor finds a menu item followed by a dash, and the double-clicking icon puts your window in the trash,
and your data is corrupted cause the index doesn't hash, then your situation's hopeless and that sucker's gonna crash!

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
well it was 110 yesterday and 100 today my V1 still up and running, this coming weekend is going to be 100+ for 3 days.
Regards.
Chewie
Great, I'm liking what I'm hearing. I have a V2 in direct sun all day but have not had real heat yet. I hope it is not the heat that is the problem.

riceandbeans

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just a heads up that I appear to have made progress resolving my issue. I was able to receive a stable feed for 5 days (and counting, sample size of 1) which exceeds the prior 20 day sample where the camera would go offline in the range of 6-18h after a power cycle (see prior post for env details, sample size 5). This is statistically significant (p < 0.05) by scientific methods however I have no control group in this test.

I made only one change, and that change was to reformat the 'sd card' partition that resides in the storage menu of the cam web UI. This camera keeps a SQLite DB on an SD card when inserted (fact), and I believe (my alternative hypothesis) this DB is replicated in some form locally within the camera. After some time (seems like around 8 months of use for these cams), this DB grows (non volatile) and eats into the application memory of the camera. A reboot of the camera frees this memory (volatile) for about 6-18h, after which the application consumes these resources, crashes, and network connectivity is lost. A reformat of the SD card invokes a method which also purges local non volatile memory, allowing another ~8mo of operation until DB once again grows and encroaches upon application memory.

This may be incorrect but appears to be supported by the data as well as my limited knowledge of computers and systems. If this is correct, only a firmware update will resolve the issue permanently. Is it unknown if subsequent f/w revisions address this issue (assuming it actually exists). The workaround in lieu of a f/w update could potentially consist of a maintenance schedule to reformat the device at an interval less than the maximum expected DB growth rate (I.e. reformat every 7 months).

HTH

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On mine the sd card does not overwrite old data.plus it doesn't seem to work remotely.i contacted Monica about new fw.she said Monday she will send me the fw.hopefully it fixes the issues I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
On mine the sd card does not overwrite old data.plus it doesn't seem to work remotely.i contacted Monica about new fw.she said Monday she will send me the fw.hopefully it fixes the issues I have.

Interesting, new firmware? Let us know if it's newer then 3/3/16

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
She said to ask monthly about new fw updates.she must be flooded with messages.she seems busy.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Hm, I doubt she is too busy. Their Aliexpress store is dead... no one buys there when it's available from imporx for much less. I asked her before why she wouldn't match the price and got no response. Is she hoping the other deal will dry out?

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm through dealing with Monica. There's no support after the sale with her. She's only interested in selling more cameras and can care less about any after sales failures. I'll most likely be switching over to imporx as others have done, plus they're priced lower than what Monica offers.

Last edited by a moderator:

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm through dealing with Monica. There's no support after the sale with her. She's only interested in selling more cameras and can care less about any after sales failures. I'll most likely be switching over to imporx as others have done, plus they're priced lower than what Monica offers.
I've dealt with Jack and picked up 2 Imporx cameras and have had not problems with the order or the camera. Actually never hear from Jack unless I ask a question of him.

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you please provide a link to the Imporx store? I seem to have googled a few stores.