Huisun Password reset

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Guys
I was not able to find information on how to reset the default PASSWORD ( ADMIN)
Here is a picture of the Web interface for this camera, is this where it gets reset? and regarding basic and channel permission, do you check all of them? some I don't even know what they are.
I don't want to mess things up on my new cameras.
Please give some advice.
Thanks in advance.
Chewie

Attachments

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Never mind, I changed the password.
Thanks.
Regards.
Chewie

DirtBound

n3wb
Reaction score
Just as an aside - if you ever forget the password, with the fixed telnet root password, the web GUI password is in plain text in a configuration file.
I have been searching for hours looking for the root telnet password. Any tips on finding it?

kantzow

n3wb
Reaction score
Could someone PM me with the telnet root pw, thanks.

udmkedr

n3wb
Reaction score
Could someone PM me with the telnet root pw too, thanks.

i4tas

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks members. Couldn't figure out cron to schedule to do weekly reboot, so I just wrote a python script on another machine to telent in and reboot it and that script runs on a cron, so that works. Needed the weekly reboot because the automated FTP image drop feature I use that drops an image on a server every 2 minutes does crap out after a month or so of running and a reboot fixes it.

njnetman

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Members,

I've been locked out of a recently purchased 4MP 10x PTZ with a "Network Anomaly" error.
I tested the camera out of the box; it seemed to be working fine, so I mounted it outside and configured the settings.
I made a lot of configuration changes, and pretty much set up the whole camera in a few submits. I then sent it a reboot for good measure, and it never returned.
In addition to being locked out from logging in, rhe PTZ engine seems to cycle every 20 seconds or so. Network connectivity to the machine however seems to be solid so I think something got corrupted.
ptz3.png
The camera pulls DHCP just fine and stays connected to the network. I can open a telnet session which stays connected for a full minute until timing out, so I know the board is not rebooting.
I have tried directly powering the cam with a 3W supply, as well as using short 3ft/1m cat6 cables into my poe router.
Based on these, I am pretty confident it's not a power or network issue stemming from my side.
Without root credentials, it's hard for me to confirm anything beyond this.
Finally, the SADP and ONVIF config tools are not able to stay connected to the system long enough to issue meaningful commands (I was however able to switch from static to dhcp by spamming commands), so they are no help.

If anyone has any thoughts on this or could kindly PM the root telnet credentials, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

MichaelV

n3wb
Reaction score
Have the same camera, can someone PM me a telnet root password? Thank you in advance!

Thank you all, now i have password;)

Last edited:

njnetman

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you those who PM'd me. I can finally start digging into this a bit. I'll be sure to share anything interesting I find.
Paying it back...

Issue Resolved:

My issue can best be identified by:
  • The PTZ motors doing a very short initialization movement every 15-20 seconds.
  • The IP is ping-able, and the web interface is responsive but you cannot log in and get a 'Network anomaly' error.
  • The telnet interface worked fine, however there is a moment of lag with each PTZ initialization.
In my case, somehow or another my dome_setting.bin file became corrupt or out of spec/bounds causing my camera to lock up on boot.

Remedy:
Upon telnet into the box, I renamed the file/made a backup:
'mv dome_setting.bin dome_setting.bin.backup'

Camera then booted like a charm.

Version info below:

ver.png

Thanks again!

equinoxe

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I have the same Huisun camera, can someone could give me the telnet root password?
Thanks by advance!

Damirp789

n3wb
Reaction score
Can i get the telnet pass?
I've got a Imporx which I gather is same as Huisun which is also same as Yunch. Need password for telnet. Anyone have any ideas where to get firmware for model: IMP 5MP HD8802S-mini???????????????????????????????

chech

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello every one!
Could you send me PM with root password for telnet?
Thanks

patrickmx

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I tried root telnet access for the described problem that I have now. I tried various PW, including my admin's PW, it don't works.
Seraching on the web, I found this thread. COuld someone share to me this root PW please ?
Thx in advance.