Human / Face detection

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah until BI gets enough "complaints" about the 180, it makes a great overview but is hard to reliably use it as a spotter.

Have you had a chance to put an SD card in the PTZ to confirm whether the loss of tracking is a camera or BI issue?

I think it is a BI issue more than a camera issue. I wonder if the "loss of signal" is causing the spotter to call the PTZ preset when signal is restored?

I wonder if you delete the spotter cams from BI if the tracking would improve as it won't get interrupted by spotter cams?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I wonder if you delete the spotter cams from BI if the tracking would improve as it won't get interrupted by spotter cams?
Was wondering the same. It shows the preset on screen so something seems to be calling for a move to that position for whatever reason.

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah until BI gets enough "complaints" about the 180, it makes a great overview but is hard to reliably use it as a spotter.

Have you had a chance to put an SD card in the PTZ to confirm whether the loss of tracking is a camera or BI issue?

I think it is a BI issue more than a camera issue. I wonder if the "loss of signal" is causing the spotter to call the PTZ preset when signal is restored?

BI responded to my ticket and asked for screen shots of my camera configuration so we'll see.

Yeah I guess my next step is to delete all the clone cameras and see if I can somehow position the PTZ, and use my other cameras to fill the 180 for triggering.

I did not put the sd card in the PTZ yet, ill try to do that this afternoon.

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Was wondering the same. It shows the preset on screen so something seems to be calling for a move to that position for whatever reason.
seems that way to me too, but ive got the "cancel alerts when this preset is active" checked on all presets in BI.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe disable the clones except for one at a time and see how it tracks and if you can tell better what's happening.

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Maybe disable the clones except for one at a time and see how it tracks and if you can tell better what's happening.
so i diasabled the clones, and removed all the PTZ triggers on all cameras. I walked outside in front of the home preset for the PTZ. The PTZ was tracking me, but didnt record anything.

the ptz is giving theses errors in the log:
1698167549013.png

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just realized the 180 camera didnt record me either.

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
one other thing I noticed, the clip from the PTZ that recorded right before I went outside, slows down in the middle of the clip, to like slowmo speed. the seconds in the time seem correct speed, but the motion in the video is way slowed down in the middle of the clip.

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did find/inspect on both cameras and went out and walked the same route again. I watched the PTZ track me the whole way again.

This time it did record a video while tracking, but video ended mid track at ten seconds.

The PTZ picked me up in preset 3, tracked me into preset 2, and half way into preset 1 but stopped recording at ten seconds. I watched it track me all the way through.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure. Seems like something, for lack of any better term, is fundamentally FUBAR somewhere along the line. Really shouldn't be this hard.

Did the 180 record OK that time after doing the find/inspect?

I'd stick with the same simplify approach and get the PTZ working solid again first. Work from the bottom up and get any errors and drop-outs resolved. Maybe easiest to completely delete the cam in BI and set it up again from scratch. You shouldn't have any ONVIF errors then assuming everything is good. Your presets and rules and all will still be in the cam. Shouldn't have to recreate all of that. Can work back up from there. The SD card may also help on the PTZ side.

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure. Seems like something, for lack of any better term, is fundamentally FUBAR somewhere along the line. Really shouldn't be this hard.

Did the 180 record OK that time after doing the find/inspect?

I'd stick with the same simplify approach and get the PTZ working solid again first. Work from the bottom up and get any errors and drop-outs resolved. Maybe easiest to completely delete the cam in BI and set it up again from scratch. You shouldn't have any ONVIF errors then assuming everything is good. Your presets and rules and all will still be in the cam. Shouldn't have to recreate all of that. Can work back up from there. The SD card may also help on the PTZ side.
I agree. The 180 camera is recording as expected now. I have walked the same path on the PTZ several times now and it ends short each time. The clips range in length 9-13 seconds. So I will remove that camera from BI and add it back to see if that resolves anything.

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I deleted the PTZ and added it back. Its doing the same thing.

Tracks me the entire time but only records short clips. The clips stop abruptly mid tracking. The shortest clip is nine seconds, longest 22 seconds.

I have the same camera set up on my back yard, and it also does this same thing. Short clips that end prematurely.

So it must be something in the camera UI? I have looked all through that and just dont see anything but the IVS rules controlling it. Some of the event stuff has post-record settings but none of the event stuff is enabled. I have all IVS rules on both cameras set to track for 120 seconds.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How long do you have it recording in the camera GUI - oh wait you don't have an SD card in it LOL, so maybe that is sending some weird kill.

But I suspect you need to change the settings in BI - I have mine setup with BI motion and IVS - the IVS is the trigger, but then BI motion with something like a 2 second make time or something longer so it doesn't trigger on everything, but once the camera starts moving it will then record until the PTZ returns to preset.

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok so you dont have IVS rules set up in the PTZ? I have IVS rules set up in the spotter cameras and also in the PTZ.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes I do the IVS rules in the PTZ also, but I noticed it would act weird if I didn't also do the BI motion. Basically the BI motion with a longer make time ensures that it will keep recording mainstream. You need to uncheck the move 100 pixels and uncheck the reset at 67% boxes.

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes I do the IVS rules in the PTZ also, but I noticed it would act weird if I didn't also do the BI motion. Basically the BI motion with a longer make time ensures that it will keep recording mainstream. You need to uncheck the move 100 pixels and uncheck the reset at 67% boxes.
well adding the motion to the BI trigger made it a whole lot better. Still cutting out before the motion ends though but I'm going in the right direction.

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
so setting the MAKE time be 2 seconds in BI, and the track time in camera be 120 seconds - seems to start recording right at trigger and last until motion has stopped.

Only issue now is that PTZ is recording general motion. Seems like most cars that go by are triggering record. Its not tracking them but recording.