Human / Face detection

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Ahhh... sorry, remember now. I don't have that one so no experience with it. I have seen some others say they have drop-outs with it in BI and not in other programs. Wonder if maybe it's losing the ONVIF connection for a second or something.

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
when it loses signal its fast - gets signal back right away - so i bet you are right, its loosing connection.

it is also the only camera giving false triggers for plants blowing. Like 10 an hour. I checked everything and only IVS human/vehicle is set up.

hummmmm

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I've not kept up with that cam much. Check the thread on the 180 and see if any updates to that issue.

Maybe also double check that regular video motion detection in the cam hasn't turned itself on. I haven't seen that in the new interface cams but happens a lot with some of the old ones.

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I looked all through the event settings as well as the AI settings, looks like only my IVS rules are enabled.

Ill see if I can find anything in the thread for that camera.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Didn't think about earlier but I guess also check that motion detection in BI isn't on. Trigger > Motion sensor unchecked.

Can't think of any place else. I've not seen falses from IVS for moving trees, etc., but again I don't have that cam. Can you see it triggering in live view? i.e., red boxes around the plants? Or do you just get the alerts in BI?

Might also run ODM to see what events are being reported from the cam. Select that cam and then Events. Leave it up and watch whatever events show up.

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
looks like the false triggers are "EXTERNAL (RuleEngine/CellMotionDetector/Motion)" AND "ONVIF Event : RuleEngine/CellMotionDetector/Motion"

when there is movement from human/car on an IVS rule I set up I get:

"ONVIF Event: RuleEngine/LineDetector/Crossed"

So the cell motion is triggering somehow. I guess I will spin back through the camera and quadruple check.

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The only thing I see is where it says Record linkage is enabled - but the whole motion detection isn't enabled. So that shouldn't be it but I deleted the record linkage to see.

180set.jpg

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@35s77 In BI5, for camera ONVIF configuration, I disable all the listed events except the IVS one(s). That will ensure that BI5 will trigger on IVS only. CellMotion events will most likely have false alarms.

Last edited:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
EXTERNAL (RuleEngine/CellMotionDetector/Motion says that it's an external ONVIF trigger from the cam and that it's from regular motion in some way. From BI would not say EXTERNAL. IVS would say LineDetector for tripwire or ObjectsInside for intrusion box (or one of the other types). Not sure where else to suggest that you to look in the cam. As @actran says, disabling that should stop it from listening for those alerts at least.

Probably have already looked but check under Smart Motion Detection too.

Last edited:

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I disabled the cell motion detection in the ONVIF configuration in BI - fingers crossed.

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The 180 spotter clones are all still going nuts with errors but seem to be working.

One thing I have noticed with the PTZ tracking is when object crosses into another tripwire it triggers the other preset. Doesn't sound like the end of the world, but if the PTZ is zoomed in on a person and tracking them, and that person runs into another trip wire it zooms all the way out, and has to recenter and start tracking all over.

I did the following and checked this box on each preset, but it does not appear to be working so perhaps I misunderstood the purpose of this. What I want is for when the PTZ is locked onto something for it to not jump around if another tripwire goes off.

Now with BI 5.5.6.0, you can go into the PTZ tab in the Camera settings and go to the preset that you want to have priority and check the "cancel alerts when the camera is focused on specific PTZ presets" box and then if it is tracking on that preset then another spotter cam will not override it.

It works this way when I do the "trigger now" in BI, but dosent work in real world person walking.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah that is the purpose of that "cancel alerts" box.

If you check "cancel alerts" and spotter 1 triggers it will keep tracking for spotter 1 and ignore (cancel) spotter 2 triggers while spotter 1 is active.

If you uncheck "cancel alerts" and spotter 1 triggers and x seconds later spotter 2 triggers then it will cancel spotter 1 and move to spotter 2 preset.

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah that is the purpose of that "cancel alerts" box.

If you check "cancel alerts" and spotter 1 triggers it will keep tracking for spotter 1 and ignore (cancel) spotter 2 triggers while spotter 1 is active.

If you uncheck "cancel alerts" and spotter 1 triggers and x seconds later spotter 2 triggers then it will cancel spotter 1 and move to spotter 2 preset.
That's what I figured, but maybe it won't work if the triggers are all coming from the same spotter cam?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That's what I figured, but maybe it won't work if the triggers are all coming from the same spotter cam?
No mine will stay tracking, but I suspect it has something to do with the way you are able to do it with ONVIF rules with the newer BI version and there is probably still one that is triggering that you haven't figured out yet.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine seems to work as expected. But you can get unexpected results sometimes when you have motion that crosses different views. I had to mess around with mine some to get it to work as I wanted.

Maybe try to disable some of the rules temporarily as a test. Get it down to just two or something simple where you can see better what's happening when you change that setting.

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ive watched a few people come and go through my zones and I think my biggest issue is the tripwires themselves - how the zig zag is oriented. I am going to redo them again

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
before i dig too deeply on the tripwires, I created a clone of another camera and just noticed it is also reporting the same events subscription 8000ffff error. when i am making these cloned cameras, all i am doing is adding a new camera - is that how I am supposed to make clone cameras or is there an actual procedure to follow?

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
my tripwires are also only working about 50 percent of the time. Sometimes they are tripping 2-3 seconds after the person walks through them, sometimes just totally missing a person in the middle of the trip wire. I don't think it's the tripwires themselves, because if I have a person walk the same path down the driveway, one direction, and then back the same path, it trips different each time, the missed zones are not consistent. I think the camera is losing connection enough to not trip but not enough to report an error in the log? Is that possible?
180trips.png

log.png

the tripwires are on cam3 - cam3b-3e are the clones. its no reporting a lost signal, but it is reporting a restored signal.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Add new camera > Copy from another camera. Then on the first settings page of the new camera, uncheck Clone master (leave it checked on the main cam). You should see an asterisk next to the name and if you look at the Cameras page under Status, you should see the cam listed and running but without a bitrate showing.