Hurricane Helene - Be safe y'all

Politicians Are Hindering Rescue Efforts
in North Carolina, and One Rescuer Has Had Enough

PJ Media, by Chris Queen

Posted By: ladydawgfan, 10/3/2024 4:30:46 PM

The devastation that Tropical Storm Helene inflicted on western North Carolina is still heartbreaking several days after the storm has passed. Countless North Carolinians are stranded in the mountains and valleys of that part of the state, many of them without medications or other things they need to survive. Towns and cities like Asheville are dealing with widespread damage and power outages. The Great Smoky Mountains National Park has several road and trail closures, even as U.S. 441, the main highway between Cherokee and Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge/Sevierville, remains open and passable. It's hard to describe how difficult people in North Carolina have it,

• Angry
Reactions: Parley
1728005053107.png

I served in a unit 12 years ago that was deployable anywhere in the world within 96 hours WITH armor and artillery.
And here we are more than 96 hours later and… crickets.
It has now bridged from human tragedy to political exploitation.
Ripping NC away from Trump on these grounds would require him to sweep PA, MI, and WI and carry one of GA/AZ to get over 270.
They know it. Our side lacks the guts to say it. So I will.

My wife said her daughter in law said that there is a large deposit of lithium under some of the towns in NC. Don’t have a source.
It's true. The largest lithium mining operation in the US is at Kings Mountain, just west of Charlotte, and north of Gastonia, to the northwest of the intersection of I-85 and US 321.

Sorry NC it's lights out for you and lights on for Ukraine. Washington DC hates Americans.

Grid Apocalypse Hits Carolinas: 360 Substations Down, Power Restoration Could Take "Months"

This is devastating. We do NOT have 360 substations worth of transformers and other electrical equipment sitting in stockpiles waiting to be deployed. It could take a very long time to restore power to everyone. Are we facing a Hurricane Maria-type impact on grid infrastructure?

We do not have this equipment readily available because we have shipped large quantities of transformers and other electrical equipment to Ukraine. Both our military and non-military support for Ukraine has left us less prepared for domestic disasters like Hurricane Helene:

View attachment 204149

View attachment 204150

Well, if the USA had moved sooner to follow through with it's promises to Ukraine and stopped Russia from destroying the Russians from destroying the electrical grid, we would not be in this sisuation.

of course, USA should just have allowed Ukraine to keep their Nukes .. and Russia would never have attacked in the first place ..