Hurricane Helene - Be safe y'all

My wife said her daughter in law said that there is a large deposit of lithium under some of the towns in NC. Don’t have a source.
The story is true. Piedmont Mining is fighting for the rights to mine there.

Reactions: VorlonFrog
Is there better clarity as to what is driving these people such as the fire chief and others not using all available resources?!?

I could understand if people were wild Willy just coming and going without regards to safety and hinderance to other support personnel.

Can’t see how anyone would have a problem with a person / company donating their time and resources such as Star Link to allow people to communicate?!?

It’s obvious to me it doesn’t matter red / blue all four States have lots of incompetent assholes in charge making terrible mistakes that impact millions!
The issue is they are overwhelmed and are vapor locking. Their grasp of control cannot be diminished by their lack of logistics. They don't want to be seen as incompetent. So they are flexing what power they have left to make them seem needed. Sometimes you need to know that you can't fix it all and need the help from others.

The issue is they are overwhelmed and are vapor locking. Their grasp of control cannot be diminished by their lack of logistics. They don't want to be seen as incompetent. So they are flexing what power they have left to make them seem needed. Sometimes you need to know that you can't fix it all and need the help from others.

Overwhelmed is probably an understatement based on all the videos I’ve seen and talking to others.

Regardless, there’s an SOP / OP that is supposed to be well defined. This isn’t the first rodeo as it relates to a natural disaster.

It’s obvious to me there’s simply too many chefs in the kitchen . . .

A command center to coordinate all of the activities, personnel, and supplies are the primary OP.

This hurricane is the perfect example America and the dozens of agencies are not prepared to deal with anything like a nuclear attack / zombie apocalypse!

The complete shit show of COVID-19 proved that out during a gruelling two year period!

Regardless, this is going to take years to recover and hope very much people can continue to support each other in anyway they can.

Winter is literally around the corner so don’t know how millions of people are going to get by?!?

Surprised we aren't seeing more of this

View attachment 204310
There are areas that refusing FEMA in their towns so that they can get supplies that they need and not to be taken away from them. I also am hearing that the neighborhoods in these areas are making their own protection teams to stop the looting.

What's less obvious is a BLUE, liberal WH Admin, cabinet secretaries and department directors who are INTENTIONALLY diverting or hampering any sort of aid to the affected areas because they are predominately RED....the intent is to prevent them from voting next month.:mad:

G ahead....prove me wrong.