I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Your driveway group is named the same as the Short name of the camera on the right. Change the right camera's short name.

Also, it looks like you have IR bleeding on the right cam. Either that or something near the front of the camera is reflecting IR back into the camera. Could even be a smudge on the glass in front of the lens.
Thanks for the help. I changed the short name and that fixed it!

As for the bleeding, the right camera is a dome, the left a bullet. I think the dome cameras get more IR bleed and I also think some of the IR light is reflecting back off the edge of my eave. The problem was worse when I installed the dome camera and then I made a "stand off" block to put the whole camera a little lower to prevent as much IR as possible from reflecting back but it still does.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I found some minor issues on my lesser-used BI 3.66 installs, and fixed them. A minor update is live now.

v0.6.3 - 2015-04-28
* Removed "Failed to log in" message that could appear needlessly on UI2 startup if the attempt to load the Schedule list fails (happened in Blue Iris 3.66 with authentication required).
* If the current Schedule name is reported by Blue Iris as an empty string, it will appear as "N/A" instead and UI2 will assume this means the global schedule has never been enabled.

kevth

n3wb
Reaction score
THIS...this is what Blue Iris web server needed. The included pages from BI were poor. This is good work and I commend you. A question: is there a feature where you can press a button and it will hide the side bar and top bar? So the video will go in full screen? There might be a feature already like that.

Again great job.

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
A question: is there a feature where you can press a button and it will hide the side bar and top bar? So the video will go in full screen? There might be a feature already like that.

Again great job.
+1 I agree that this would be especially helpful for those of us using this on a tablet or phone. It is very difficult to grab the edge using an Android device. With a mouse, it's a piece of cake. So a button would be great! Thanks!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
UI2 update published. The original download link, as always, contains the updated files. You can collapse the side bar now with a touchscreen (let me know if this is good enough).

If you have any trouble with the features that require administrator login, I recommend you update BI to the latest version.

v0.6.4 - 2015-05-08
+ Made it possible to collapse the side bar on a touchscreen-only device, by dragging the edge the same way you would with a mouse on the desktop.
* Fixed some issues with UI2's ability to log you in as a different user for administrative functions. Tested in Blue Iris 3.6.6 and 4.0.5.
* Added a small amount of margin above and below modal dialog boxes such as the Options dialog.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Works on my Android tablet easily! Superb job 2008bp! As always, Thanks!
You're welcome! I wish it dragged smoother but I guess you take what you can get. Even on my Galaxy Tab S it lags like crazy when you try to drag it. But at least it works!

kevth

n3wb
Reaction score
UI2 update published. The original download link, as always, contains the updated files. You can collapse the side bar now with a touchscreen (let me know if this is good enough).

If you have any trouble with the features that require administrator login, I recommend you update BI to the latest version.

v0.6.4 - 2015-05-08
+ Made it possible to collapse the side bar on a touchscreen-only device, by dragging the edge the same way you would with a mouse on the desktop.
* Fixed some issues with UI2's ability to log you in as a different user for administrative functions. Tested in Blue Iris 3.6.6 and 4.0.5.
* Added a small amount of margin above and below modal dialog boxes such as the Options dialog.

WOW! You rock...great job!

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
bp2008, one of my users asked me how to speed up Alert playback. Is this possible for you to accomplish?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Possible? Yes. I put it on my list of things to do. As usual, I can't even guess when I will get around to adding them.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hah, yeah probably not going to happen tomorrow. But hey, you never know. Maybe the internet will stop working for a few hours and I'll have nothing better to do.

Richdem

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just installed this great feature, I can view my 2 cameras but now I am unable to watch any recorded clips. The clips show correctly on the left of the screen. When I tried the default web server I also have the same problem

Richard

Richdem

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just installed this great feature, I can view my 2 cameras but now I am unable to watch any recorded clips. The clips show correctly on the left of the screen. When I tried the default web server I also have the same problem

Richard
The problem is fixed,

Somehow the clip database got corrupted. I did a repair and all is working properly

swoop2

n3wb
Reaction score
First, I really like the UI. It is fantastic and I presented it to my client. She liked it too. However, I didn't realize that every morning she fast-forwards through the last night's clips. So, she really needs the clip scrubbing controls.

Can you please bump this up one your long list of things to do?

Again, thank you for contributing.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I have good news and bad news about that. Good news is I can make the playback speed adjustable with speed up/slow down buttons. I can also add a play/pause button.

Bad news is I probably can't do a proper seek/scrub/progress bar at this time. To do that I would need to know the exact clip durations. But the clip durations are not provided with any degree of reliability or accuracy. In my Alert list, the reported durations are all too short, and in my Clip list, the durations do not take into account the "combine or cut" rules for a clip. So you might have a 3 minute clip reported as having a 2 hour duration if the alerts within the clip were stretched over 2 hours. I could still try to implement a seek bar but it would be horribly broken for a lot of users and I don't like that.

So if you want to seek/scrub through clips that way, it is best to use the main Blue Iris interface, not a remote interface. The activex control on default.htm (and default2.htm from my files) does have rough seek bar but it doesn't work nearly as well.

swoop2

n3wb
Reaction score
I think that speed up/down buttons will be sufficient. "Pause" would also be nice. I watched her (my client) 'scrub' but she wasn't really 'scrubbing'... she was fast forwarding and pausing a lot.

I look forward to any enhancements you make.

Phil

superfake123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
okay I have one more request please :D :D :D

in the event that the network drops on the local machine, your reconnect stuff doesn't work D:

you get the broken image icon thing, and in the console

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE

at least in chrome.... can this be addressed too, pretty please :)