I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

timmmay

n3wb
Reaction score
hi bp2008, thanks for creating this app! i hope this one is more agreeable to my system than the java version:). how do i edit this one to display on 2 monitors? is that what the groups setting is for?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I believe you can use groups.htm for this.

Here is what I recommend:

1. First, go into Blue Iris and create two camera groups. One group for each of your monitors. Add the cameras you want on each monitor to the appropriate groups.
2. Set up groups.htm with those two groups, following the normal groups.html setup procedure.
3. Open groups.htm twice in separate windows, and switch to the second group in one of them.

Notice that the main Blue Iris applicaiton has a dropdown list where you can select a camera group, then click the gear icon and you will have the option to change the image resolution for the group. If you set this to match your monitor resolutions, you will have better image quality.

timmmay

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks a lot bp! following your instructions, i got it setup now to display all my cameras on 2 monitors all cams style. for some reason though when i click a camera it doesn't go full screen? is that feature available on groups also, or did i miss something?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you sure you configured groups correctly? The configuration should contain the "short names" for the group and each of your cameras in the group. If you only put in the group names then it would appear to have no click-to-fullscreen feature.

timmmay

n3wb
Reaction score
got it! i knew i missed something. works great now, thanks again bp! you could really tell the difference in image quality compared to your other viewer written in java. the image on that one is much better. click to full-screen image quality looks great but small screen(all cam view) looks degraded. since i'm only using this on lan, is there a way to improve the image quality when its on all cam view?

Last edited by a moderator:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I have developed a new page which I call UI2.

UI2 is designed to surpass and replace all the other web interface pages.

• Click a camera to maximize its size
  • Roll the mouse wheel to zoom in and out
  • Collapse the Clip list for full-screen live viewing (press F11 to full-screen your browser too)
  • Images are loaded at lower resolutions when appropriate to save bandwidth that would otherwise be wasted. Now has support for displays of non-standard DPI.
  • Click a camera to full-screen it in full resolution. Click again to go back.
  • All clips and alerts are shown with thumbnails.
  • Get and set up to 20 presets (dependent on your PTZ cameras). Click to go to a preset. Long-click to set a preset.
  • Each preset that you assign with UI2 gets a thumbnail stored for it, to help you remember what each preset is.
  • html5 audio playback for camera audio. Currently only works with live video streams, and browser support varies.
  • Some aspects of UI2 are configurable, with settings stored in your browser.
  • Many more features planned.

Feedback is very welcome. Just reply to this thread.

The download link is the normal link, back in the first post: http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php?93-I-made-a-better-remote-live-view-page&p=422&viewfull=1#post422

Lebeter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great improvements, very useful now and the ability to zoom in/out with the scroll wheel is superb. Nice job on this.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@bp2008, Looks very good but video is choppy compared to the activex viewer...is there something im missing or is this just a result of jpeg..

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Choppy video is a result of the underlying jpeg refresh scheme, and is especially noticable if you view with a high latency connection and/or low bandwidth. If you haven't updated Blue Iris recently, there were some very nice web server buffer changes which make it a lot better than before.

There are some alternative ways I could pull video, but none of them are ideal.

Blue Iris can feed me mjpeg streams, which work better on high latency, high bandwidth connections than normal jpeg refreshing. But the underlying technology is still jpeg compression so it isn't "real" video and it is inefficient as heck.

Blue Iris also has the option to pull a couple different formats of "real" video stream, which is what the activex viewer uses. If I wanted to introduce a dependency on a browser plugin, I could make this work similar to the activex viewer, minus the Internet Explorer requirement.

What I'd really like is for Blue Iris to produce one of the html5 video formats. The "raw h.264 stream" output doesn't work, and neither do any of the other documented video formats Blue Iris supports.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm sure it's there, and I'm just not seeing it, but... On the UI2.htm page, when I click on a clip, it starts to play as it should - but there is no scrubber or other controls to manipulate playback. Am I missing something, or is that a feature not yet implemented?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That is a feature not yet possible without reverse engineering the activex control or perhaps the mobile apps that Blue Iris uses. Perhaps some day.

avi6581

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

This is driving me mad. I had UI2 working perfectly (its fantastic BTW!!) , then i reformatted. Now whenever i connect locally or from an ip outside, i get this loading page. jpegpull.htm still works fine.

Anyone any ideas? I have tried overwriting the files again with a fresh version. no luck :(

edited to add that i tried http://localhost:81/ui2.htm and it works, but if i connect from the blue iris console using its ip, it doesn;t.

thanks

Avi

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm confused. At what point is it working? Try ctrl + F5 to force a full refresh. Otherwise it looks like you are missing some of the files.

avi6581

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm confused. At what point is it working? Try ctrl + F5 to force a full refresh. Otherwise it looks like you are missing some of the files.
I assumed files were missing, but as i said, connecting to localhost:81/ui2.htm worked.

Now.. bizarrely, ever since i connected to localhost on my machine, it now works fine using the full 192. x.x x url on that machine.

my ddns is having issues, so i'll get that working and try it again from my work pc.

thanks

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I should point out the "safe ptz" option in the UI2 options window still needs to be checked in the new Blue Iris 3.64.00 update, despite the comment in the options window saying otherwise. The "new" stop ptz command that was supposed to be present in this version is not working as expected.

IPCamDude

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for creating this bp2008 -- looks awesome!

One question -- is there a way to make the login page by default go to ui2.htm? Where could I edit login.htm to always refer the user to ui2.htm?

Or is that a bad idea?

Thanks.

IPCamDude

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Actually I guess what I'd like to do is if the browser is IE, to automatically have it login to default2.htm and if it's not IE (and thus no ActiveX), to default to ui2.htm.

Any web pros know how to do that? Thanks!