I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I removed w= parameter from the bluririsremoteview.js (there were 2 different lines containing "w=") and now the image is coming back even smaller, this time with a link like this.

/image/ENT?time=1418863008082&w=955

Now that you've pointed me in the right direction I'm sure a little bit of playing around with it and I'll figure it out, but as far as I can tell (unless I'm doing something wrong, which I might be) removing "&w=" parameter (and/or any character functions directly related to it) doesn't give the full resolution image.

Thanks again
You may be removing the parameter from the wrong place. Find all places where this parameter exists, and delete it from all of them.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I have just updated the pages with some changes to ui2:

• There are now two dropdown boxes for selecting cameras:
    1. In the top bar, this box lets you select your "home camera group".
    2. At the top of the clips list, this box lets you select which cameras to show clips for.
  • Thumbnails can now load more than one at a time. Default is 3 at a time.
  • There is now a toggle for allowing the top bar to be hidden when the left bar is hidden.
  • The size of the left bar is now remembered between sessions.
  • Experimental "Frame Rate Boost" toggle (at the bottom of the options) which uses MJPEG video instead of refreshing JPEG images. Especially useful for viewing recordings over LAN.

Lebeter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This just gets better and better. If anyone upgrades make sure you refresh the webpage on the remote machine after you replace the webserver files. Everything seems to be working great. Nice job bp2008, I use this at work everyday and enjoy this UI for remote monitoring. I sit on the same backbone with my home and work provider so bandwidth is less of an issue for me. I've got a couple cameras mounted in birdhouses on a post, so I move them to figure out which coverage I like the best for a permanent installation. It involves constant tweaking in BI for masking etc. but this is nice to view on the fly when i get alerts while at work.

sonup2000

n3wb
Reaction score
looks good ... don't forget the please don't forget harddrive space info for next update:)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
looks good ... don't forget the please don't forget harddrive space info for next update:)
I have time so I will do that right now. Knew I must have been forgetting something!

Update: Uploaded the change. The disk info is rather large so it is hidden by default but you can show it in the options and also change the width of the disk info box to suit your system.

Last edited:

sonup2000

n3wb
Reaction score
awesome. works perfect...disk info width option is perfect. thanks again..bp2008

Billmakr

n3wb
Reaction score
Excellent feature packed work! I am using a droid stick on big screens to display views on. Screen size is now great and video quality seems better. The click to select really adds a much needed feature. This also makes it great to use on touch screens. As A feature suggestion, adding the ability to pan and tilt as it does in the BI selected camera screen.

Thank you for your generosity.

mdp716

n3wb
Reaction score
Just saw this updated UI and it looks sweet. I came across it because I am actually looking for an answer to something else that perhaps you might be able to assist me with.

In my environment I already have a Web Server (IIS), and of course BI uses port 81 by default. My BI is on a separate server from that which hosts my IIS server.

My work is very stingy when it comes to what it allows through their firewall. Port 80 is allowed, port 81 is not as is the case with most other ports. In fact, I am hijacking port 443 so I can RDP into one of my servers at home but that adds a level of compexity when I want to see the BI page (i.e., log in via RDP, open browser in RDP session, go to BI page) and that is not something I can do from my cell phone or tablet.

What would be involved to create a page on my IIS server that presents the BI page as though it is hosted on the IIS server?

Thanks in advance for anyone who give this some thought and offers some ideas.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I am not an expert at IIS configuration but you may be able to have IIS act as a reverse-proxy for Blue Iris. Maybe.

Otherwise, you might try some ports in the 50000-60000 range, or try a no-ip address with port 80 redirection. I'm not sure how no-ip does this redirection but it is worth a try.

Maybe a VPN server running on port 443 would work, if you are able to initiate a VPN connection from your work machine. Hard to say.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Excellent feature packed work! I am using a droid stick on big screens to display views on. Screen size is now great and video quality seems better. The click to select really adds a much needed feature. This also makes it great to use on touch screens. As A feature suggestion, adding the ability to pan and tilt as it does in the BI selected camera screen.

Thank you for your generosity.
Do you mean pan and tilt by clicking the top/bottom/sides of the image? It is certainly do-able but it is not really compatible with the whole single-click-to-fullscreen thing.

mdp716

n3wb
Reaction score
I think the correct terminology would be that I would like my IIS Server to act as a proxy for the BI web server. Or in other words, have a page on my IIS server that causes the end user to think that the BI web server's page is coming from my IIS server.

More specifically, I want the end-user (me) to go to www.myIISServer.com/BlueIris.htm and see what the BI Web server is showing a user that goes to it directly. That way, all the traffic is coming to the end user as Port 80 traffic even though it is originating on port 81. So data flow would be Blue Iris Web Server --> My IIS Server --> Me using whatever device (computer, cell phone, tablet, etc.) I choose to use without having to worry about where I am because I can get Port 80 traffic everywhere.

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there an updated version that works with BI4? Or do we just p[lop this in the Bi4 folder?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The existing pages work fine with BI4. Nothing related to the web interface changed except the color scheme in the default pages.

aribakshi

n3wb
Reaction score
As some one just mentioned, with a product like this, we cant help but request additional features that will make this a much more matured and versatile tool. I have one such enhancement for bp2008.
On the web UI, I would love to be able to trigger a profile. This will enable me to remotely switch between profiles without the need to get to the server.
Imagine this, you have all of your camera's setup, profiles created for continuous recording and recording on motion. Now you are about to step out. It would be nice to be able to login to the web page using a tablet or phone and enable a profile for "record on motion".
Very much like we turn on security using the key fob either from the garage or driveway.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As some one just mentioned, with a product like this, we cant help but request additional features that will make this a much more matured and versatile tool. I have one such enhancement for bp2008.
On the web UI, I would love to be able to trigger a profile. This will enable me to remotely switch between profiles without the need to get to the server.
Imagine this, you have all of your camera's setup, profiles created for continuous recording and recording on motion. Now you are about to step out. It would be nice to be able to login to the web page using a tablet or phone and enable a profile for "record on motion".
Very much like we turn on security using the key fob either from the garage or driveway.
This function is already available with the blue iris mobile app...you can change profiles and also change the traffic signal.

aribakshi

n3wb
Reaction score
I agree, however, having it on this UI makes it a complete package with all functionality. Not to mention, users with multiple devices, iOS and Android, don't have to purchase both apps, each $9.99. I am not trying to ditch the App, but having it on the web UI makes it more versatile.

Thanks

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmm, I can't get any of the pages to work. i used to use the ui2.htm but it loads up blank. No matter what I try to do it no longer shows the video streams. I thought it might be broken. Any suggestions on how to resolve the issue or more information I can try to provide. Worked great with BI3 and worked with BI4 for a while, then the update came out and the tools started opening multiple copies of the program.

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The existing pages work fine with BI4. Nothing related to the web interface changed except the color scheme in the default pages.
Nevermind. With that knowledge, i just copied the files from the BI3 www folder to the BI4 and it's working again so all is good. Thanks for the pointer :)