I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I applied the latest update to BI today and also updated the UI2. Now I am unable to view cameras under "All Cameras". "Cycle All Cameras" works fine. Also I cannot view individual cameras. There is only a blank black screen (the clips side bar shows as normal). Has anyone else had this issue and know how to fix it?
It does seem that BI 4.3.2.0 has broken UI2. I will fix it a.s.a.p.. Stay tuned...

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, so I investigated and the problem with group views (including All cameras) is that Blue Iris is reporting the image resolution with a negative value for height. So the image sizing math is screwed up in UI2. I let Ken know about this so I would expect it to be fixed in a patch soon. I will not be writing a workaround for this, since the bug likely will not last beyond the next Blue Iris patch.

In the meantime, here is the previous version of Blue Iris (64 bit) in case you wish to downgrade to something that works.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72769267/Blue Iris/update64_4.3.1.0.exe

---------
I also let Ken know about a few clip playback bugs that arose in this version due to hardware accelerated clip decoding -- black frames and corruption along the edge of 1080p cams.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I also let Ken know about a few clip playback bugs that arose in this version due to hardware accelerated clip decoding -- black frames and corruption along the edge of 1080p cams.
Looks like 4.3.2.1 is out.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like 4.3.2.1 is out.
4.3.2.1 does fix the bug preventing group views from showing. Does not fix the black frames and corruption on 1080p cams during clip playback (only if those cams have hardware acceleration enabled). Ken thought it was VPP-related and basically told me to not use VPP if I wanted those clips to play properly. So I confirmed that it is not VPP-related, and told him.

Reaction score
Unexpected error after latest update of the ui2.blueiris_ui2_error.jpg
Any ideas?
I upgraded by Blueiris software to the latest and still showing this error everytime I log into the ui2.htm page. The error also comes up when I click on the menu in the top left.
Please advise.

Thanks!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Unexpected error after latest update of the ui2.View attachment 9839
Any ideas?
I upgraded by Blueiris software to the latest and still showing this error everytime I log into the ui2.htm page. The error also comes up when I click on the menu in the top left.
Please advise.

Thanks!
Re-extract the UI2 files. Make sure to overwrite everything. Then in your web browser, CTRL + F5 to force a complete refresh.

Sorry about the host name appearing in that error message. I will try and remember to mask it in future versions.

Reaction score
I did re-extract the UI2, and a refresh and also try closing the browser and re-opening but no luck.
I resolved it by opening up IE which has no issues, close IE and re-open the link in Chrome. I am not getting anymore issues in Chrome.. weird.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I did re-extract the UI2, and a refresh and also try closing the browser and re-opening but no luck.
I resolved it by opening up IE which has no issues, close IE and re-open the link in Chrome. I am not getting anymore issues in Chrome.. weird.
Browser cache will be the death of us. :rolleyes:

Atreides

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been using this system for months and love it! I just setup it up on a 2nd system and for some reason the OSD and clip times are all off by a couple of overs in the web interface. But the BI overlay on the clips is right. I couldn't find a setting to change this. I am using IE for the Web interface. Any ideas?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If you mean these timestamps, these are going to be displayed in the time zone used by your machine you are viewing from.

wmmiller

n3wb
Reaction score
Can’t get remember me or log in automatically to work.

Hello,

I can’t get remember me or log in automatically to work. I’ve tried it on a Windows 10 & 7 x64 bit computers many times using IE 11 on both machines. With my information entered it just does nothing when log in is clicked. These computers are not the computer BI is running on. BI is running on Windows 10 x64 and is BI version 4.3.1.0. I’m also running BI tools 1.1.0. I’ve re extracted the bp2008_bi_webserver_files.zip into the www folder several times and also tried to delete all the files in the www folder before reextracting them. I read thru the forums and didn’t find or missed the answer I need. I get the feeling I’m missing something obvious. If someone could point me in the right direction or let me know what additional information would be helpful please let me know. I would appreciate any help or insight.

Thanks! Bill

Great piece of software. I like it much better than BIinterface. Kudos!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Can’t get remember me or log in automatically to work.

Hello,

I can’t get remember me or log in automatically to work. I’ve tried it on a Windows 10 & 7 x64 bit computers many times using IE 11 on both machines. With my information entered it just does nothing when log in is clicked. These computers are not the computer BI is running on. BI is running on Windows 10 x64 and is BI version 4.3.1.0. I’m also running BI tools 1.1.0. I’ve re extracted the bp2008_bi_webserver_files.zip into the www folder several times and also tried to delete all the files in the www folder before reextracting them. I read thru the forums and didn’t find or missed the answer I need. I get the feeling I’m missing something obvious. If someone could point me in the right direction or let me know what additional information would be helpful please let me know. I would appreciate any help or insight.

Thanks! Bill

Great piece of software. I like it much better than BIinterface. Kudos!
There is possibly some character in your user name or password that isn't being saved correctly in Internet Explorer due to an old bug that Microsoft never fixed. Does "remember me" work in a different browser?

wmmiller

n3wb
Reaction score

Thank you for your reply. You nailed it right on the head. I tried FirefoxPortable 45.0.2 and it works flawlessly. So, it seems if I want to continue using IE I need to find a user name and password that will work. Thanks so much!

Bill

Thank you for creating this for everyone!

wmmiller

n3wb
Reaction score

It has something to do with letters in the password that cause the trouble. It seems that having more than one letter in the password makes it fail. I tried many combinations and this my conclusion.
Bill