I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Since Ken changed the way Inactive Cameras are handled, UI2 displays those inactive cameras. Hidden and disabled cameras are not in view as desired. Any way to hide inactive cameras? I have three inside cameras inactive for profiles where we are home and active when we are away from home.

Thanks again for a great addition for BI!!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Since Ken changed the way Inactive Cameras are handled, UI2 displays those inactive cameras. Hidden and disabled cameras are not in view as desired. Any way to hide inactive cameras? I have three inside cameras inactive for profiles where we are home and active when we are away from home.

Thanks again for a great addition for BI!!
I've got no control over this. You could hide them instead of set them inactive, or maybe there is a setting somewhere to hide inactive cameras from mobile apps and web pages.

LTek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you seeing the All cameras cycle? Check the group configuration for All cameras in the lower left corner of BI just above the timeline.
No, they are not cycling. Not ure what I'm checking for... 'All Cameras' shows all 10 cameras in BI. And again, the individual camera names are not showing in UI2, at all. If I use the regular web UI, all the cameras show in the list and display perfectly fine. also work perfectly fine in Blue Iris android app and Blue Iris Companion app (Win10)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It is normal for UI2 to only show group names in that dropdown list, not individual cameras. In the video area you are supposed to see a grid containing all cameras in the group.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If you open the video frame in a new tab, what is the path? /image/index ?

It should be /image/index for "All cameras", and if that is only showing one camera then your Blue Iris configuration is messed up.

LTek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

It should be /image/index for "All cameras", and if that is only showing one camera then your Blue Iris configuration is messed up.
It doesnt show that... shows http://192.168.2.60:81/image/MasterBedroom?

Not sure how my BI config is messed up when all other apps, and even web UIs are working exactly as expected?

And, when I select 'Full Camera List' from your UI, it shows all the cams, properly

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Well that is bizarre. Try opening UI2 in an incognito window so it won't have any of its old settings, and see if it behaves correctly then.

sean1717

n3wb
Reaction score
Afternoon! I...... strongly believe I'm blind. It seems in 1 or 2 places I've seen this in the past but I can't readily find the release notes for ui2? I am looking on this post's original post and I just see some outdated notes for 0.9.x. Or is there a link in the interface maybe that I'm missing? (By the way bp2008, it's freaking fantastic software).

Also, I keep running into this weird issue (hence wanting to review release notes). When I visit the web page (ui2.htm), I don't see any of the extra bars on the left and top (cam recordings on left and top controls). Now interesting thing I've noticed: the first time on a computer that I visit ui2.htm, it's fine. And many times after. It's like when I visit allcams.htm and leave it there for days on end, it doesn't want to show the full ui2.htm page. However, if I switch from ui2.htm from allcams.htm, I can tell that I'm visiting the ui2 page only because I have the cam name turned on in preferences so I see the bar showing the camera names. That's not visible in allcams.htm.

I tried clearing cookies and going to logout.htm and logging back in under different accounts. This has happened on about 4 machines now so I don't think it's just me anymore.

I apologize, I really feel like I'm hijacking this post. I noticed on page 58 though there was a recent response, so it almost seems this is the right place.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Tilde key or drag with the mouse from the left side towards the middle.

Change notes are in a text file included with every zip, but this wouldn't be in there because it has been how the UI works since the beginning.

LTek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Not sure how my BI config is messed up when all other apps, and even web UIs are working exactly as expected?

Well that is bizarre. Try opening UI2 in an incognito window so it won't have any of its old settings, and see if it behaves correctly then.
Same problem using Private Window in latest Firefox - and in MSFT Edge

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score

Same problem using Private Window in latest Firefox - and in MSFT Edge
In that case if you set up remote access for me I can look at the internals and see what is going on. Send info in a private message / conversation.

iBins

n3wb
Reaction score
If you want to open the context menu to trigger a camera, you have to hold down the left mouse button longer.
With a touchscreen on the Raspberry Pi, this does not work.
Can this be set so, that the context menu can be called with the right mouse button?
On the touch screen this would be a long touch

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If you want to open the context menu to trigger a camera, you have to hold down the left mouse button longer.
With a touchscreen on the Raspberry Pi, this does not work.
Can this be set so, that the context menu can be called with the right mouse button?
On the touch screen this would be a long touch
I am aware that touchscreens can't open the context menu because of that. Sorry.

I am not going to change it though, because some of the default browser context menu behavior can't be reproduced with script and I don't want to break it for people who use it.

The next UI will have that context menu open on right click. Overall I think it is a beneficial change even though you can't right click and copy the image or URL to the clipboard. I'm hoping the new UI will be ready by the end of the year...

Last edited:

MrMxyzptlk

n3wb
Reaction score
The webserver keeps showing "busy" in UI2 Chrome, Safari, IE, Windows 10 and OS X Sierra...so in other words everywhere. The CPU load and RAM are NOT an issue, they are below 50% and this is a beefy dual Xeon 128GB server with SSD.
Not sure what to do I have BI in my AV exclusions (Windows Defender), the server looks fine, I'm on the latest BI and UI2...and like I said it's always just worked...up until recently.

Can you help?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
When UI2's loading shows "Loading Web Content... BUSY" that just means UI2 is trying to load the web page ... things like images. It means the page has not fully loaded yet. It is not saying the web server is too busy to process requests, or even saying that the web server is busy.

If it gets stuck there with no other sign of trouble, that is an indication that either 1) your connection is really terrible or 2) something got corrupted and your UI2 is not functioning properly.

MrMxyzptlk

n3wb
Reaction score
When UI2's loading shows "Loading Web Content... BUSY" that just means UI2 is trying to load the web page ... things like images. It means the page has not fully loaded yet. It is not saying the web server is too busy to process requests, or even saying that the web server is busy.

If it gets stuck there with no other sign of trouble, that is an indication that either 1) your connection is really terrible or 2) something got corrupted and your UI2 is not functioning properly.
I have AT&T 1GB symmetrical fiber and 10GB NICs on my servers, as you can see from the speedtests below I don't think it's a connection issue.
I have uninstalled and deleted the BI directory and reg entries serveral times and re-installed with no better results. The server has also been rebooted. BI is working great, just not the web ui...any suggestions?

Here is my speedtest from my laptop
Download Speed
229 Mbps (28625 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed
244.5 Mbps (30562.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency
10 ms

and from the BI server
Download Speed HELP 313.7 Mbps (39212.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed HELP 226.2 Mbps (28275 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency HELP 8 ms

MrMxyzptlk

n3wb
Reaction score
...additional info... I have display framerate enabled in the web ui, and it will work for 5 -10 seconds updating the rate as well as my cameras, then it will stop for minutes at a time, during this time I can't really do 'anything' in the web gui? so weird...

It does the same from IE and Chrome directly on the server as well...

Last edited:

MrMxyzptlk

n3wb
Reaction score
Just fixed it...some odd internal DNS issues on my network, my pFsense firewall is flaking out. When I go to the IP of the BI server the gui works perfectly, but the hostname does not. Thank you once again.