I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

ocyberbum

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone, i joined the forum to thank bp2008 for the better remote live view.... it is better, and fixed an issue i was having with distorted video using activex..now if i could find away to delete clips while using the better remote live view!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello ocyberbum. I'm glad you like my work.

I'll think about adding the ability to delete clips. I "think" it would be possible. I'm not certain though. Do not expect this any time soon anyway! It hurts to think about how much trouble my planned clip list overhaul will be.

ocyberbum

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello ocyberbum. I'm glad you like my work.

I'll think about adding the ability to delete clips. I "think" it would be possible. I'm not certain though. Do not expect this any time soon anyway! It hurts to think about how much trouble my planned clip list overhaul will be.

Thanks bp!! knowing you are at least thinking about it gives me hope, For me i like the idea so i can make my computer headless and move it somewhere safer out of sight. While i wait im going to start looking into how my Insteon Home Automation can be used with Blueiris. I've had this system for about 10days so i know i have more to learn!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
:)

You can always use remote access software and make your BI computer headless. Teamviewer is a good free option.

Reaction score
i thought about doing option 2, im glad you suggested it because that's what i ended up doing. thank you for the quick responce!

You can remove the original pages, but I would not recommend it since they are nice to have around in case something happens to not be working in my pages.

Perhaps all you need to do is go into each user account properties (especially the Anonymous account if you are using it!) and set the homepage to ui2.htm so that way if someone is entering your address they would be directed to ui2 by default. This would not affect anyone's bookmarks though.

If you want to completely replace the original pages, there are a few ways to do this.

1. Replace the original pages with ui2.htm. In other words, delete the originals and make copies of ui2.htm, renaming the copies to default.htm, jpegpull.htm, jpegpush.htm.

or

2. Open each page and insert logic to redirect to ui2.htm. Just put this among the other meta tags near the top.

HTML:
<meta http-equiv="REFRESH" content="0;url=ui2.htm">

ocyberbum

n3wb
Reaction score
:)

You can always use remote access software and make your BI computer headless. Teamviewer is a good free option.

thats what i use also, love Teamviwer for my other 4 computers since it has the contact list showing what computers are online and it works well with my note 3 phone but for some reason it really spikes my CPU usage when i connect to my Blueiris computer around 95%. I also want to limit access that others have when using it to just the software and not the whole computer.. People in my house manage to crash things for some reason :D

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
BP - is there a way to know when you've updated the files? Perhaps I'm just not seeing it, but aside from the 'lasted edited on' at the bottom of the first post, I can't tell if the files at your link have changed.

Also would it be terribly difficult to have an option to reverse the zoom scroll wheel operation? The stock BI viewer is exactly opposite of UI2. Not a big deal, but my brain gets scrambled pretty easily over stuff like that.

jasoncmt24

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi BP can you please help me out. First, love the interface and all works perfectly accept when zooming, panning and tilting the controls on the UI2 page jumps in large increments. So if I move my cam down it jumps to far. If I do the same in the old jpeg page or your new jpeg page it works fine, small increments. My cam is a Hikvision [h=2]DS-2DE4220[/h]
Thank You

jasoncmt24

n3wb
Reaction score
oh and one more thing when i hold the arrow buttons down it does not continue to move. I have to keep clicking to get the camera move, and again it is in very large bursts instead of the small areas.

Thanks

adimw

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
oh and one more thing when i hold the arrow buttons down it does not continue to move. I have to keep clicking to get the camera move, and again it is in very large bursts instead of the small areas.
thats a designed feature afaik, so that if any lag was to happen your camera wouldn't just keep panning/tilting.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
thats a designed feature afaik, so that if any lag was to happen your camera wouldn't just keep panning/tilting.
Partly; Blue Iris does support continuous panning and tilting with some cams, but I was not happy with Ken's implementation of the button press/release events. (Ken is the guy who develops Blue Iris). I found it was possible to easily get the camera stuck in a moving state. As I recall, this hasn't been fixed yet so I implemented only the safer PTZ control method in UI2, which is to move the camera in predefined bursts. The size of the movement burst is controlled by Blue Iris and is generally not configurable.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
UI2 required an update for Blue Iris 4.1.3.0, otherwise it hangs trying to load the clip/alert list.

Blue Iris 4.1.3.0 has a bug where it builds invalid JSON for the alert list, so the alert list will be unavailable in UI2 for BI 4.1.3.0. Once this is fixed in Blue Iris, no UI2 update should be required to restore alert list functionality.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
BP - is there a way to know when you've updated the files? Perhaps I'm just not seeing it, but aside from the 'lasted edited on' at the bottom of the first post, I can't tell if the files at your link have changed.

Also would it be terribly difficult to have an option to reverse the zoom scroll wheel operation? The stock BI viewer is exactly opposite of UI2. Not a big deal, but my brain gets scrambled pretty easily over stuff like that.
The only way to know is to subscribe to this thread and pay attention to the replies. It would be technically possible to include update notifications in UI2 itself, but that is significant work and there are downsides to it...

- - - Updated - - -

Just to clarify, UI2 is updated to version 0.8.3 and you will need to update to this version to continue using it with Blue Iris 4.1.3.0 and newer.

v0.8.3 - 2015-08-05
* Fixed compatibility with Blue Iris 4.1.3.0.
+ Camera names in the clip list should now be more readable for cameras that are assigned a light color in Blue Iris.

crimsondr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sometimes when I click on a clip on the left it doesn't show the corresponding clip, instead it shows a clip from a different time. If I refresh the whole page then it works properly.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I do not know how that could be happening. Each clip is associated with a unique ID which does not change.