I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
That you can put in a custom resolution and not have to choose one from the drop down list is wonderful news. I had no idea that was possible.
Thank you!!

MEZERR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyway to use keyboard shortcuts? Example: Up/Down arrow = previous/next alert or clip?

I did read something in this thread that you were planning on adding that? any idea when?

Another keyboard shortcut could be left and right arrows equaling forward and reverse. And even another keyboard shortcut to speed up or slow down clip, etc

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Anyway to use keyboard shortcuts? Example: Up/Down arrow = previous/next alert or clip?

I did read something in this thread that you were planning on adding that? any idea when?

Another keyboard shortcut could be left and right arrows equaling forward and reverse. And even another keyboard shortcut to speed up or slow down clip, etc

oooo, yes, me too! Me too! I vote for these. And spacebar = pause during playback. We are such needy folk...

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I do want to add keyboard shortcuts. They will be configurable. I don't know when I will get around to it.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
You should double - no, quadruple - your charges for this interface... I'd pay that. Heck, I'd pay 100x what you're currently charging ☺

Donald

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I am so sorry but I can't get this to work. I renamed the www folder to wwwORIGINAL. copied in the new folder and renamed it to simply www. I get a different login screen asking to save my info. after logging in I just see a blank page. what have I done wrong? oh I downloaded the file for BI version 4.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
You can copy the WWW folder to make a backup, but you MUST put the files into the WWW folder with all the originals still in play. This alternate webpage design requires many of the original files that are in the WWW folder.

Donald

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hmmmm. Did as you instructed but the web site looks the same as before.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Are you going to the alternate address? http://<IP.ADDRESS.OF.BI.SERVER>:<port>/ui2.htm

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
You may have missed that. While dumping the install files into the www involves overwriting some of the original content, it still runs parallel to the existing BI webserver page (default.htm, or jpegpull.htm). You choose which interface you want when you go to visit the server webpage. /ui2.htm will get you this one, the others, will get you the original.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
My files do not replace the original web pages (except for the login page). So you have to point your browser directly at the ui2.htm page. I recommend you go to Blue Iris' user configuration options and set ui2.htm as the homepage for every user account. This way when you enter your server address without specifying a page name, you will get ui2.

Donald

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Yes.....thanks for the tip about assigning the home Paige. Works fine now. Thanks to all of you.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
That is a good idea to have BI redirect to the UI2 page. There is still enough value in the original page from Ken that I haven't abandoned it yet. So, I've created two shortcuts/bookmarks - one goes to the default.htm, the other to ui2.htm. Best of both worlds.

The most useful element of the BI version is the keyboard up/down cursor input that jumps from one 'alert' to the next. Scanning through a full 24 clip, on the other hand, is best done with UI2 since it lets you see exactly where you are as you move the scrubber. The BI version doesn't show where you are until you let go.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
A new version is uploaded, including the much-requested hotkeys. Get it from the usual link in the first post here: http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/93-I-made-a-better-remote-live-view-page

v0.9.0 - 2015-08-30
+ The options window contents are now split into categories.
+ Added a Hotkeys category to the options window.
+ Added the ability to skip forward and backward during clip playback. Only available by hotkey.
+ Added the ability to move to the next and previous clip when you press a hotkey or when the current clip is finished playing.
+ The top bar will now grow taller as necessary to prevent items from being hidden.
+ Added a "Low Quality" mode, controlled by a new icon in the top bar. Enabling Low Quality mode improves frame rates when viewing over a slow network connection (e.g. the internet). The effect of the "Low Quality" mode is configurable in the options, "Video Streaming" category.
* Clip playback seeking is now enabled for everyone, regardless of their previous setting. It may be disabled again if desired in the options window, "UI Behavior" category.

Please check out the current hotkeys and if you have any suggestions for new hotkeys, please share!

Last edited:

adimw

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
downloaded and testing now. looks awesome. although I cannot seem to find the quality toggle, disabled/enabled the option but doesn't seem to be there.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Be sure to CTRL + F5 to do a full refresh, if you have run an older version recently. The button is here:

The sharp blue landscape indicates high quality. When it is in low quality mode, the icon turns red and blurry.