I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

molimelight

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That did it! Took me a bit to find that setting. I'm still learning BI, it's a pretty complex software. I now have the all camera view and the all camera cycle view available. Thanks for sticking with me and troubleshooting it. I appreciate all the work you've put into this! Just curious, when you do your updates is it one file that you update and can be replaced, or should they all be copied over? Thanks again.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Any of the files may be modified in one of my updates, so you always want to replace / overwrite them all. Just for example, this most recent update included modifications to the change log text file, ui2.htm, ui2.js, ui2-util.js, ui2.css, ui2-local-overrides-template.js, and I updated the toastr library so the two files starting with "toastr" are updated as well.

superfake123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
we're still getting cases where live view stops and it's just a broken image... I can't pinpoint the cause.... can you explain the logic / js to me or kinda point me in the right direction? maybe looking at your code might help us solve this

superfake123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
oh, and one of the cases I guess is where the internet goes out at either location for a brief moment... like no more than 10 seconds... console says

POST http://205.255.255.2:81/json net::ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE

it never reconnects

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I really have no idea why that would happen. The json page is likely an attempt to get a status update. Does that error occur more than once?

Just about the only thing that would cause the live view to show a broken image is if Blue Iris refuses to send an image. Perhaps your session expired and the status update loop broke. Normally the status update loop is what detects when a session has expired, and causes the page to reload. But if it broke then UI2 would likely not discover the session was bad.

superfake123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
pull up a live stream, then disable your NIC for 10 seconds and then re-enable. same error with broken image and it never "reconnects"

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It recovers just fine once re-enabled. Make sure you are on the latest version of everything. (BI + my pages)

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
That tilda key to hide the left clip bar is fantastic. Is it possible to have it call f11 (fullscreen)?

Alternatively, is there a way to get a double-click to make that particular camera (whether live or playback) go full screen (no clip bar or other information)?

Hitting the tilda, and then f11 works for now, but it's a little cumbersome to get back out of full screen quickly.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That tilda key to hide the left clip bar is fantastic. Is it possible to have it call f11 (fullscreen)?
Not currently. I will add another hotkey which toggles in and out of fullscreen mode, and you could bind it to the same key as the sidebar toggle so they both take effect at the same time. It would be possible to get your full-screen state out of sync with your sidebar state this way, but you could correct it by pressing F11 which is the browser's hotkey, not UI2's hotkey. If you bind anything to F11 in UI2, it overrides the browser's binding for that key.

Alternatively, is there a way to get a double-click to make that particular camera (whether live or playback) go full screen (no clip bar or other information)?
Thanks for the suggestion, but I will not be implementing this. It could happen too easily by accident and leave someone not knowing why the rest of the UI had vanished.

superfake123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
okay when I disable the framerate boost it will reconnect... but if I have the mjpg stuff enabled it does not

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, right, the browser doesn't ever tell the script that the mjpeg stream failed, and it doesn't try to restart the stream on its own.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, but I will not be implementing this. It could happen too easily by accident and leave someone not knowing why the rest of the UI had vanished.
Understood - but how about making it a 'hidden' feature that only those who know the 'easter egg' password can activate? I really do miss that capability to quickly toggle to max image size in the stock viewer.

superfake123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
only way I can figure out to get it to reconnect is with a setInterval

Code:
$(function() {

var refreshInterval = setInterval(function() {
        $('#caming').attr('src', 'mjpg/main/video.mjpg');
    }, 10000);

});

I don't think any events ever fire?

Last edited by a moderator:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Understood - but how about making it a 'hidden' feature that only those who know the 'easter egg' password can activate? I really do miss that capability to quickly toggle to max image size in the stock viewer.
Okay, I wrote this up for you. It is a little clunky (one of the reasons I don't want to add it officially) but it may do what you want. Create a file named ui2-local-overrides.js in the www/ui2 folder. Paste in it this content:

Code:
// This code overrides the ImgClick function to add double-clicking support
var cameraDoubleClickTime = 750; // maximum milliseconds between clicks to create a double-click
var lastImgClickTime = 0;
var original_ImgClick = ImgClick;
var ImgClick = function(event, ele)
{
	var timeNow = new Date().getTime();
	if (timeNow - lastImgClickTime < cameraDoubleClickTime)
	{
		lastImgClickTime = 0;

if (!isFullScreen())
		{
			requestFullScreen();
			$("#layoutleft").css("width", "0px");
		}
		else
		{
			exitFullScreen();
			$("#layoutleft").css("width", layoutLeftOriginalWidth + "px");
		}

resized();
	}
	else
	{
		lastImgClickTime = timeNow;
		original_ImgClick(event, ele);
	}
};
// Here is some full-screen toggling functionality that isn't in UI2 version 0.9.3.
function toggleFullScreen()
{
	if (!isFullScreen())
		requestFullScreen();
	else
		exitFullScreen();
}
function isFullScreen()
{
	return document.fullscreenElement || document.mozFullScreenElement || document.webkitFullscreenElement || document.msFullscreenElement;
}
function requestFullScreen()
{
	if (document.documentElement.requestFullscreen)
		document.documentElement.requestFullscreen();
	else if (document.documentElement.msRequestFullscreen)
		document.documentElement.msRequestFullscreen();
	else if (document.documentElement.mozRequestFullScreen)
		document.documentElement.mozRequestFullScreen();
	else if (document.documentElement.webkitRequestFullscreen)
		document.documentElement.webkitRequestFullscreen(Element.ALLOW_KEYBOARD_INPUT);
}
function exitFullScreen()
{
	if (document.exitFullscreen)
		document.exitFullscreen();
	else if (document.msExitFullscreen)
		document.msExitFullscreen();
	else if (document.mozCancelFullScreen)
		document.mozCancelFullScreen();
	else if (document.webkitExitFullscreen)
		document.webkitExitFullscreen();
}
// Here we override the goLive function to prevent recordings from being closed when hiding the clips bar.
var original_goLive = goLive;
var goLive = function()
{
}
// Here we restore the original functionality of the context menu option "Go Live" which appears when long-pressing the image during recording playback.  Otherwise the override above will disable that context menu.
function onRecordContextMenuAction()
{
	switch (this.data.alias)
	{
		case "golive":
			original_goLive();
			break;
	}
}

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Unreal how you just put this together. You have my complete envy. It works like a charm. I just tried it on the BI server in my coach - and it pulls up the camera full screen. THANK YOU!

KNPN

n3wb
Reaction score
This UI is so much better to look at than the default. It is much more intuitive, and the CPU display has been a great addition. I do have a question though. Is is possible to add focus adjustments to the interface? With the Blue Iris program we can adjust the focus of our cameras, but we have never been able to do so through the web views.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
This UI is so much better to look at than the default. It is much more intuitive, and the CPU display has been a great addition. I do have a question though. Is is possible to add focus adjustments to the interface? With the Blue Iris program we can adjust the focus of our cameras, but we have never been able to do so through the web views.
Answer me this: can you adjust focus in the mobile apps (Android or iOS)? If so, then in theory I could make focus adjustable in UI2. I would just have to reverse engineer how it worked.