I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

dmadesign

n3wb
Reaction score
BP2008, thanks for the reply. I was able to bypass the errors and get the page to load by commenting out "add_header X-Content-Type-Options nosniff" in my nginx config. Hopefully this is something that Ken can fix as I would like to keep nosniff enabled.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Stupid question, bringing up ui2.htm, everything works fine functionality wise. Problem I can't seem to resolve is, "all cameras" only shows only my first camera. I click on all cameras, and it has a drop down of "all cameras". The clips areas on the left shows all 4 cameras to choose from. Any ideas? I'm sure it is something stupid I'm overlooking.

EDIT:
N/M... just figured out groups. :) Although, all the cameras being shown together the quality is low, selecting a camera individually and the quality is back to normal... still tinkering.

Last edited:

Sam McGee

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I had this page (SMLPTZWebCam) work flawlessly for almost 10 years. The camera died and I would like to replace it. My goal is something like: ( Aj's Harbor Live Beach Cam ). Could your app with Blue Iris and a PTZ camera provide this? I have not yet purchased either as I need a high degree of confidence it will work before dropping that kind of money (I'm retired and living on SS.) Thank you.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Choppy video is a result of the underlying jpeg refresh scheme, and is especially noticable if you view with a high latency connection and/or low bandwidth. If you haven't updated Blue Iris recently, there were some very nice web server buffer changes which make it a lot better than before.

There are some alternative ways I could pull video, but none of them are ideal.

Blue Iris can feed me mjpeg streams, which work better on high latency, high bandwidth connections than normal jpeg refreshing. But the underlying technology is still jpeg compression so it isn't "real" video and it is inefficient as heck.

Blue Iris also has the option to pull a couple different formats of "real" video stream, which is what the activex viewer uses. If I wanted to introduce a dependency on a browser plugin, I could make this work similar to the activex viewer, minus the Internet Explorer requirement.

What I'd really like is for Blue Iris to produce one of the html5 video formats. The "raw h.264 stream" output doesn't work, and neither do any of the other documented video formats Blue Iris supports.

why not just make a web interface that pulls secondary video streams from the cameras themselves?

bobfather

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Edit: Nevermind, I noticed it said that audio is only for live video streams. Sorry I didn't read more closely. Disregard below.

I'm having a small problem:

On Firefox, I can view live video with sound (the sound toggle works fine to turn sound on or off).

But when reviewing old footage, the sound toggle does not work, thus we can't hear sound from recorded clips.

The regular interface through Internet Explorer with the ActiveX controller installed does let me hear sound on recorded clips (and also live video).

Is this a bug with UI2, or an error in my configuration that is not letting me use UI2 to hear sound in recorded clips?

Thank you anyway for all your hard work!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup, there is a small chance I will be able to include audio for recordings in the future (not any time soon though). And if it ever happens it may not be well synced with the video, and it will only work when playing forward at 1x speed.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Yup, there is a small chance I will be able to include audio for recordings in the future (not any time soon though). And if it ever happens it may not be well synced with the video, and it will only work when playing forward at 1x speed.
Well at least you know how broken it will be already lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

jrfuda

n3wb
Reaction score
First off, thank you so much for developing this. It is the only thing that works well in my Home Automation Touchscreen interface (HomeSeer HSTouch).

Has anyone made a version of allcams.htm that works like jpegpull2.htm? jpegpull2.htm works embedded on my screens without error, however, I need the top and side bars to never display like in allcams.htm. For some reason, I get no error codes with allcams.htm, but the screen is just solid black. HSTouch uses some version of IE to display web content, I think.

Thanks again!

Reaction score
There used to be an option to show / hide the audio controls in ui2. Now I only see in the "Top Bar" section of UI2 Configuration the option for "Automatically play camera audio", but no option for seeing / hiding the Audio Icons. Am I missing that somehow in the settings somewhere else? On an older installation (but latest version of Blue Iris 4.1.5.2 x64, latest UI2 of 0.17.2) I see the audio icon. But on a brand new system I just setup, I don't see that icon in Firefox, although I can play audio back using the BlueIris ActiveX control just fine in IE11.

jrfuda

n3wb
Reaction score
...Has anyone made a version of allcams.htm that works like jpegpull2.htm? jpegpull2.htm works embedded on my screens without error, however, I need the top and side bars to never display like in allcams.htm. For some reason, I get no error codes with allcams.htm, but the screen is just solid black...
I figured it out - commenting out a few of the divisions in the page's code did the trick.

Reaction score
It's too hard to search this thread but... is it possible for you to upload your code into Github? That way it is much easier for us to see your changes and be alerted of updates, and some of us can possibly contribute.

USMC_Rob

n3wb
Reaction score
Question. Tried a few settings, but not having any luck.

The "all cameras" view is pretty grainy with my 2MP Amcrest cameras, but if I select one of the cameras to view solo it looks perfect. Now on another client of mine I have installed the cameras on, his remote view on "all cameras" looks perfect. Only difference is his are 3MP cameras, but not all are set to full 3MP. Settings are the same on both in the UI2 config.

Any suggestions on how to get my "all cameras" mode looking sharper?

Thanks in advance.

Sam McGee

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello
I just purchased a PTZ camera and Blue Iris. I am able to view and control the camera on both the generic enclosed software and Blue Iris. The thing I want to do now is view and operate the camera over the internet. I have a website, a DDNS (No-IP), a port forwarded on my router and have looked at jpegpush, jpegpull, jpegpull2, and UI2. I don't know where to start. Could you give me some guidance

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hello
I just purchased a PTZ camera and Blue Iris. I am able to view and control the camera on both the generic enclosed software and Blue Iris. The thing I want to do now is view and operate the camera over the internet. I have a website, a DDNS (No-IP), a port forwarded on my router and have looked at jpegpush, jpegpull, jpegpull2, and UI2. I don't know where to start. Could you give me some guidance
Do you have more than 1 camera? I think UI2 only works with 2 or more cameras. If you only have one camera, you may be able to just duplicate that camera in Blue Iris and then UI2 should work.

Can you access your cameras by going to http://your-NoIP-domain:port#/jpegpull.htm ?

Do you have the UI2 files installed into the Blue Iris www folder?

If so, in Blue Iris, go into the user accounts and add ui2.htm as the home page (Blue Iris Options>Users>Edit User). Then you should be able to access UI2 by going to http://your-NoIP-domain:port#/

Sam McGee

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you have more than 1 camera? I think UI2 only works with 2 or more cameras. If you only have one camera, you may be able to just duplicate that camera in Blue Iris and then UI2 should work.

Can you access your cameras by going to http://your-NoIP-domain:port#/jpegpull.htm ?

Do you have the UI2 files installed into the Blue Iris www folder?

If so, in Blue Iris, go into the user accounts and add ui2.htm as the home page (Blue Iris Options>Users>Edit User). Then you should be able to access UI2 by going to http://your-NoIP-domain:port#/
To be prompt and polite, Thank You. I think I understand what you are saying but it will probably take me a while to confirm! Will confirm.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like I left a lot of unresolved questions here. Sorry about that!

Hello,
I had this page (SMLPTZWebCam) work flawlessly for almost 10 years. The camera died and I would like to replace it. My goal is something like: ( Aj's Harbor Live Beach Cam ). Could your app with Blue Iris and a PTZ camera provide this? I have not yet purchased either as I need a high degree of confidence it will work before dropping that kind of money (I'm retired and living on SS.) Thank you.
Yes, however you would need some significant HTML and JavaScript knowledge to do it. Blue Iris can live stream a camera, without flash player even, but with 4-12 seconds of delay, so PTZ controls would be painful to use. To reduce the delay you basically need to stream jpeg or mjpeg to the web page which means bandwidth usage and frame rate sucks, or stream h.264 to a JavaScript-based player which is difficult to put it mildly.

why not just make a web interface that pulls secondary video streams from the cameras themselves?
Ha. Reason #1: The only web browser that supports RTSP streaming is Firefox OS. Not Firefox. Firefox OS, the discontinued mobile operating system.

Reason #2: What a nightmare to set up and use securely.

There used to be an option to show / hide the audio controls in ui2. Now I only see in the "Top Bar" section of UI2 Configuration the option for "Automatically play camera audio", but no option for seeing / hiding the Audio Icons. Am I missing that somehow in the settings somewhere else? On an older installation (but latest version of Blue Iris 4.1.5.2 x64, latest UI2 of 0.17.2) I see the audio icon. But on a brand new system I just setup, I don't see that icon in Firefox, although I can play audio back using the BlueIris ActiveX control just fine in IE11.
I don't think there ever was a show/hide option for this. The audio icon is supposed to appear only when the current camera or group has audio streaming enabled in Blue Iris...

It's too hard to search this thread but... is it possible for you to upload your code into Github? That way it is much easier for us to see your changes and be alerted of updates, and some of us can possibly contribute.
I've considered that. The git way of doing things doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I'm sure I could figure it out well enough for this.

Question. Tried a few settings, but not having any luck.

The "all cameras" view is pretty grainy with my 2MP Amcrest cameras, but if I select one of the cameras to view solo it looks perfect. Now on another client of mine I have installed the cameras on, his remote view on "all cameras" looks perfect. Only difference is his are 3MP cameras, but not all are set to full 3MP. Settings are the same on both in the UI2 config.

Any suggestions on how to get my "all cameras" mode looking sharper?

Thanks in advance.

That certainly used to be the case. I think I fixed it ages ago, but I don't have any one-camera setups to test on so any number of bugs could be there.