I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I've thought I'd start experimenting with Microsoft Edge and UI2 seems to be giving a strange error. This is happening on three different PCs and Chrome, Firefox and IE all run without the error. It's just Edge that seems to be playing up.

Can any kind soul point me in the right direction here?
Something got corrupted, most likely. Or you may have a browser extension that is misbehaving. Re-download and re-extract the files, overwriting all, then force a full refresh of the page (Ctrl + F5 or clear browser cache). If this doesn't help, check your Edge extensions.

Reaction score
Something got corrupted, most likely. Or you may have a browser extension that is misbehaving. Re-download and re-extract the files, overwriting all, then force a full refresh of the page (Ctrl + F5 or clear browser cache). If this doesn't help, check your Edge extensions.
Many thanks for the reply - much appreciated.

I have two extensions installed, LastPass and Ad Block Plus and it's the LastPass extension that's causing the problems. Switching that off stopped the error.

I can replicate this on all my PC's so, for some reason, UI2 and the LastPass extension for Edge don't happily co-exist.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I can replicate this on all my PC's so, for some reason, UI2 and the LastPass extension for Edge don't happily co-exist.
I attempted to replicate this by installing the lastpass extension, but it did not affect UI2 in any way that I could tell. Probably because I don't have a lastpass account so it wasn't logged in.

Reaction score
I attempted to replicate this by installing the lastpass extension, but it did not affect UI2 in any way that I could tell. Probably because I don't have a lastpass account so it wasn't logged in.
I logged out of LastPass and kept the extension running and UI2 fired up without problems. I then logged back into LastPass and the original error message re-appeared.

I wonder if someone using UI2 with a LastPass account could just test it out on Edge for me please?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm curious, if you right click and view source after it has broken, is there even a line 1353? ui2.htm is only a few hundred lines long... it is probably talking about a line number in some other script file. My best guess is that lastpass extension loads a script that tries to use a variable or function name that is used elsewhere in UI2 already, and the two are in conflict.

Reaction score
I'm curious, if you right click and view source after it has broken, is there even a line 1353? ui2.htm is only a few hundred lines long... it is probably talking about a line number in some other script file. My best guess is that lastpass extension loads a script that tries to use a variable or function name that is used elsewhere in UI2 already, and the two are in conflict.
When I view source, there's only 369 lines.

I forgot to mention, once the error appears and I press 'OK', UI2 works just fine.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It is possible the lastpass extension simply contains a syntax error, as UI2 reports, and it goes unnoticed on other sites. UI2 has a catch-all error handler that pops up that message box in case any unhandled script error occurs.

dashony

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a question, I have a number of cameras organised into groups. I would like to get only cameras from a specific group to cycle one by one in full screen and not all of them. At the moment I can only find an option to "cycle all cameras" or view a group at a time, but if I select a group, they don't cycle instead I can see all cameras from this group on the screen at the same time. Is there a way to achieve this? Logged in as admin and I even took my privileges away to view the groups of cameras I don't want to see in the cycle hoping that going back and selecting cycle all cameras will actually cycle all cameras I have access to but I was wrong, as soon as I do this, I only get the option to view my group and no cycle option.
Can anyone help?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a question, I have a number of cameras organised into groups. I would like to get only cameras from a specific group to cycle one by one in full screen and not all of them. At the moment I can only find an option to "cycle all cameras" or view a group at a time, but if I select a group, they don't cycle instead I can see all cameras from this group on the screen at the same time. Is there a way to achieve this? Logged in as admin and I even took my privileges away to view the groups of cameras I don't want to see in the cycle hoping that going back and selecting cycle all cameras will actually cycle all cameras I have access to but I was wrong, as soon as I do this, I only get the option to view my group and no cycle option.
Can anyone help?
The option to enable group cycles is in Blue Iris. You will find a dropdown box under the cameras which lets you select a group, then once you have selected the group, click the little gear icon to edit the properties of that group. Inside this properties panel is the option to enable the group cycle. Once you've enabled this, the cycle options will appear in web interfaces. There is also a cycle option right there in Blue Iris... one of the buttons next to the gear icon will trigger it.

dashony

n3wb
Reaction score
The option to enable group cycles is in Blue Iris. You will find a dropdown box under the cameras which lets you select a group, then once you have selected the group, click the little gear icon to edit the properties of that group. Inside this properties panel is the option to enable the group cycle. Once you've enabled this, the cycle options will appear in web interfaces. There is also a cycle option right there in Blue Iris... one of the buttons next to the gear icon will trigger it.
Thanks a lot. Found the feature, enabked it and works like a charm. Thanks again!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot. Found the feature, enabked it and works like a charm. Thanks again!
No problem. Seems like I have to show someone where that is at every few weeks. It is kind of hidden away in its own little spot, away from other settings people have to deal with regularly.

muldercs

n3wb
Reaction score

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
thanks for the updated UI2 files im using the full screen code thats posted on here https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/93-I-made-a-better-remote-live-view-page?p=68737&highlight=full+screen#post68737 and it works fine on windows but on a android phone there is black bars top and bottom of pic is there anyway to get rid of those i just need the video for a website nothing else see pic

please help thanks in advance! MUL :D
Hello. The full screen code has actually been built in to UI2 since shortly after that post, so you went to more touble than necessary :)

If you want to eliminate the bars above and below the image, rotate your phone. (I do not subscribe to the notion of stretching images to fit an arbitrary screen size, so UI2 does not have that capability)

khung

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for creating a much better web UI for Blue Iris! I don't know if you take patches, but I modified the code to add an option for session timeout. I find it useful when accessing BI over the internet. Idle timer code was shamelessly taken from StackOverflow and not much testing has been done.

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for creating a much better web UI for Blue Iris! I don't know if you take patches, but I modified the code to add an option for session timeout. I find it useful when accessing BI over the internet. Idle timer code was shamelessly taken from StackOverflow and not much testing has been done.
It is a bit embarrassing to admit this but I don't even know how to apply a .diff file without doing it ... manually. Anyway, this looks like it should work. Thanks. I will include it in my next UI2 release. My only concern is that with automatic login enabled this would end up looping right back into UI2. So I'll have it redirect to a plain page that says you've been idle-logged-off with a link to log back in.

muldercs

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks rotating phone did nothing so i went into the code and fixed it myself :D

shane

n3wb
Reaction score
Cant find whats wrong..
An unexpected error has occurred in UI2 (version 0.16.3).
A full refresh may solve the problem (CTRL + F5).

If you wish to report the error, please SCREENSHOT the browser now.

ReferenceError: UI2_CustomEvent is not defined
URL: file://censored_hostname/C:/Users/Shane/Desktop/ui2.htm
Line: 47
Char: 3

jjsmd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm sure this was covered before but I cant seem to find it.

How would I use the UI2 files but leave the cliplist on the left totally off?

Thanks

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If you mouse over the area just to the right of the clip list's scroll bar, a gray bar will appear which you can drag to the left all the way until the clip list disappears.

Normally when you collapse the clip list fully, the top bar also disappears. If you want to keep the top bar, there is an option for that in the UI2 Settings, Top Bar category.