I need help to connect a microphone! DAHUA HDBW4421R-AS

Reaction score
Hello group,
I bought a camera DAHUA HDBW4421R-AS ()
and this NVR4108H-P recorder ()

I would like to connect a microphone to record voice outside along with the video. I use a single wireless ethernet (POE) cat. 6. and an electrical outlet is accessible from the inside if necessary.

Could you tell me how to connect a microphone with this camera and the cables I have (photo) ? An Internet link to purchase, a photo or a drawing or simple description would help me enormously.

Isabelle

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

ben_r_

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Mic connected to the white RCA connector if I remember correctly. I have the same cameras but no mic connected to them. Youll have to find an outdoor mic though. With an RCA connection (or rewire it yourself). That might be tricky. Im not sure what others have used outdoors.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most people used powered mic's because they kick ass on the sensitivity:

the adapter takes your 48V PoE and outputs 12VDC, which you plug into that mic and then you plug that mic into your cameras 12v power and audio inputs.. the power passes through the mic before the camera.. its important to get a mic with both power input and output as that adapter does not provide PoE out.

this of course assumes you have a large enough junction box you mounted your camera to to hold all that safely out of the environment.. just drill a small hole to pass the mic through and glue/silicon the sucker in place.. with a bit of foam to dampen wind.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score

Attachments

ben_r_

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Those are essentially the same thing as what nayr posted, but youd still need a power supply for them like the one nayr posted in the second link.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
@Isabelle Beauchemin

Welcome to the forum!

I’ll cover this connection-by-connection, starting at the POE ethenet cable that reaches the camera location..

In the camera mounting junction box (used to shelter the parts from the environment), plug the POE Ethernet cable into the body of the 12V splitter. Eg:
Plug the Ethernet plug from the 12V splitter into the camera’s Ethernet jack.

Plug the male 12V plug from the 12V splitter into the female 12V socket on the mic. The red socket in this pic: Note: This particular mic provides “power in and power out”, ie: “Power Bypass for Security Audio Sound Voice Monitoring Recording”. This means you avoid a “Y cable” to take 12V power from the POE splitter to connecto to two devices (mic & camera)

Plug the male 12V plug from the mic (the black plug) into the white female jack on the camera (labeled power in).

Plug the female “audio out” RCA socket from the mic into the white female “audio in” RCA socket on your camera. You may need a male-to-male adapter, eg:
The mic you picked at aliexpress isn’t a “power pass through mic”. So you’d need a Y cable, such as
I have the same camera, BTW, with Dahua NVR4216.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.