I Ordered an Axis Communications Axis Q1808-LE Camera

That's the exact camera I'm looking at. Did you try it with the Camstreamer/Timelapse 30 day trial first? For the stream to youtube, I wonder what settings are available. Mostly, will it stream 4K60p at 40Mb/s? The reason I'm curious about the settings is because that resolution at that bitrate is pretty taxing on a desktop computer to maintain, so I have my doubts that a camera can do it.
Yeah, I'm currently using the Timelapse 30 day free trial. I'm not sure what settings are available to stream to YouTube as I imagine that would be configured within the Camstreamer app. The P1468-LE uses variable bitrate and has technology to keep the bitrate low while maintaining image quality. My P1468-LE uses between 1.5-16Mb/s depending on how busy the scene is and time of day. I could increase the bitrate to go beyond 40Mb/s by turning off Zipstream and compression but I don't see a huge benefit to that as the image is pretty good with it on.

Yeah, I'm currently using the Timelapse 30 day free trial. I'm not sure what settings are available to stream to YouTube as I imagine that would be configured within the Camstreamer app. The P1468-LE uses variable bitrate and has technology to keep the bitrate low while maintaining image quality. My P1468-LE uses between 1.5-16Mb/s depending on how busy the scene is and time of day. I could increase the bitrate to go beyond 40Mb/s by turning off Zipstream and compression but I don't see a huge benefit to that as the image is pretty good with it on.
Cool. I'm kind of a pixel snob. I hate it when the sky gets blocky and pixelated because it thinks it's all the same color with no movement (when there is high compression). I understand that reducing compression makes the file sizes HUGE, but I have terabytes and terabytes of storage and am looking for really good video quality. It's really the only reason I'm willing to look at a $1200 camera.

Reactions: smiticans
Cool. I'm kind of a pixel snob. I hate it when the sky gets blocky and pixelated because it thinks it's all the same color with no movement (when there is high compression). I understand that reducing compression makes the file sizes HUGE, but I have terabytes and terabytes of storage and am looking for really good video quality. It's really the only reason I'm willing to look at a $1200 camera.

I don't think that should be an issue but then again the sky is not in my cameras FOV. Just remember, these cameras are surveillance cameras, not broadcast cameras. Axis does have a line of broadcast cameras if you're interested in them.

I've gotten the bitrate on my cameras to exceed 40 to 50 Mb/s by turning off zipstream and compression so I don't think you should have an issue.