Idmss push notifications "failed to subscribe"

Sirty

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Great idea, having at least one camera working would be nice. I'll give this a try later to see if it also works for me.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
At least the newer version vibrates the iPhone when there is a push alert which I needed so bad but need to fix this bug asap....

@EMPIRETECANDY , do you know if Dahua is aware of this iDMSS bug about the "failure to subscribe" when trying to save in Push Configuration on a NVR?

Thank you
Bill

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Have anyone gotten this issue fixed with a NVR yet?

I am still unable to subscribe to a NVR in push notification.

@EMPIRETECANDY Are you able to contact the engineer about this iDMSS issue?

Bill

Sirty

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nope, still getting the Failed to Subscribe message.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi Bill,

You mean the push notification lost for the new IDMSS for the NVR??
Andy

Yes it broken. We cannot set up push from NVR in iDMSS anymore after the recent upgrade on iDMSS. If try save push config . it will pop up error "failed to subscribe"

Bill

dzimm27

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY I have this same problem using iDMSS Plus on iPhone and iPad. I am using an NVR5216-4KS2 (System Version:3.210.0003.0, Build Date: 2017-04-18) and accessing just on the local network. Just bought the app to test and found myself stuck in the same problem others are having. Have not bought iDMSS HD Plus yet because until this is fixed it would be wasted money. The idea that the new app version does not support the NVR firmware could make sense because this firmware is not available to download on the Dahua site so is probably not official release status. I am also very eager for a resolution.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY I have this same problem using iDMSS Plus on iPhone and iPad. I am using an NVR5216-4KS2 (System Version:3.210.0003.0, Build Date: 2017-04-18) and accessing just on the local network. Just bought the app to test and found myself stuck in the same problem others are having. Have not bought iDMSS HD Plus yet because until this is fixed it would be wasted money. The idea that the new app version does not support the NVR firmware could make sense because this firmware is not available to download on the Dahua site so is probably not official release status. I am also very eager for a resolution.
OK, i will tell them for this.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
On my Android (gDMSS version 3.49.003) I am able to subscribe to events if I add each camera Individually. If I add the NVR as a device and try to set up the IVS notifications that way, it won't let me subscribe. Before it broke, when everything was working as it should have, a few months ago, I only had the NVR as a device.

Now, even though I can subscribe to the events, it still doesn't actually push the events to my phone.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Dahua gdmss push notification HELP???

Found this just now, according to @nayr the pushes won't work on individual cameras. I get the failed to subscribe when I try to set them up for the NVR itself, but when I try to do it for individual cameras it allows me to subscribe, and I get notifications (inconsistently) when there is an event, but I get an error saying "no record" when I try to view the clip.

DarkHelmet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
but I get an error saying "no record" when I try to view the clip.
Unless your camera has an SDcard, that's because you're not accessing the NVR. That's why this situation sucks. Can potentially get notifications at least straight from cams, but can never view playback :\

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi Bill

May i know the version of your iDMSS? Please send me and i will check with dahua guys if have newer ones.
Andy

@EMPIRETECANDY

Are Dahua engineers looking into this problem?

I need the iDMSS fixed now, I am blind without it.

My NVR is in a hard to reach hidden place and I don't have time to go find a computer check alarm manager every other hours.

Please ask Dahua engineer to fix it

Thank you
Bilk

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY

Are Dahua engineers looking into this problem?

I need the iDMSS fixed now, I am blind without it.

My NVR is in a hard to reach hidden place and I don't have time to go find a computer check alarm manager every other hours.

Please ask Dahua engineer to fix it

Thank you
Bilk
Hi Bilk

You downloaded the latest new version from dahua website?