Idmss push notifications "failed to subscribe"

DarkHelmet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
None of my ports are forwarded either. I had the NVR's ip address blocked from connecting to the internet along with the individual ip addresses of my cameras, but unblocked just the NVR. If it's possible to get the notifications with it blocked, that would be my preference as well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Hmm, ya mine are open to establish connections outward. Strange that cams can push, but not NVR with same setup.

Can you post your gDMSS version? Wanna make sure..

Also wish there was a way to send test pushes so I didn't have to walk to a camera and flail about every time..

Last edited:

Sirty

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hmm, ya mine are open to establish connections outward. Strange that cams can push, but not NVR with same setup.

Also wish there was a way to send test pushes so I didn't have to walk to a camera and flail about every time..
YES! Test pushes would be amazing!

I'm using gDMSS version 3.49.003

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score

For the push to work, there is always a middle man that keep track of device location on network and listen for incoming to push it to the device.

I suspect that in the past with Dahua server being the middle man which DMSS would send your phone current location to. Whenever there's a alert, the camera or NVR would send the alert over to the Dahua server that have your current phone location and push this alert to the phone so no listening connection is needed on your end.

But now with the recent NVR firmware, it seem that Dahua want to take some of the load off their server by moving the locator task to our NVR and have the DMSS update the phone location directly on the NVR and when there an alert our NVR pushes it to our phone. Just an theory and I could be wrong.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
After installing this firmware on my NVR5216-4KS2
Dahua NVR 5216-16P-4KS2
I have been able to subscribe to push notifications - however after setting it up I am not getting any IVS notifications. Has anyone else seen this work?
I upgraded to the firmware provided by @EMPIRETECANDY here (click the little up arrow next to his name to go to post)

This NVR52XX-4K has new firmware new version is 20170814, anyone want to download, please download here, thank you!
and now I am able to successfully subscribe to the IVS notifications of the NVR device on my Android (gDMSS Plus version 3.49.003). I tested this on my LAN and also connected to my VPN and it works on both. Maybe even better than before.

Dahua has had a few issues this year since I got all my equipment (IVS skipping frames and the IVS pushes breaking) but they seem to be relatively quick at getting fixes out. I know @EMPIRETECANDY has sent some of our concerns to Dahua engineers, so thank you for that as I'm sure it helped move things along.

EDIT: 9/18/17 - For the past 4 days my alerts have not been pushed to my phone. I checked and I am still subscribed and I even tried resuscribing but my phone is not getting the pushes.

Last edited:

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I upgraded to the firmware provided by @EMPIRETECANDY here (click the little up arrow next to his name to go to post)

and now I am able to successfully subscribe to the IVS notifications of the NVR device on my Android (gDMSS Plus version 3.49.003). I tested this on my LAN and also connected to my VPN and it works on both. Maybe even better than before.

Dahua has had a few issues this year since I got all my equipment (IVS skipping frames and the IVS pushes breaking) but they seem to be relatively quick at getting fixes out. I know @EMPIRETECANDY has sent some of our concerns to Dahua engineers, so thank you for that as I'm sure it helped move things along.
Thank u for sharing that Android gDMSS work.

I think the problem have been fixed now. If anyone still having this issue with NVR, you may need to enable the upnp in NVR or forward port to the NVR so it can listen out.

@EMPIRETECANDY Thank you for letting engineer know about this and tell them good job getting the fix out.

DarkHelmet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank u for sharing that Android gDMSS work.

I think the problem have been fixed now. If anyone still having this issue with NVR, you may need to enable the upnp in NVR or forward port to the NVR so it can listen out.

@EMPIRETECANDY Thank you for letting engineer know about this and tell them good job getting the fix out.
Ya, IVS wont even push on my internal network. Guess I'll need to do more testing to figure out the problem. Maybe reset everythigng to defaults and start over.

Can someone post a screenshot of their IVS page so I can see what check boxes people have checked?

Last edited:

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Maybe reset everythigng to defaults and start over.
Sometimes that's actually quicker and easier than trying to figure out whats wrong :/

And just a thought, are you recording the substream? The IVS pushes are the substream and the NVR needs to actually be recording it to be able to push it.

Here's my schedule. It's the same for the 2 cams I have IVS events on. The 4 that don't have IVS are just set to record "general"

upload_2017-9-7_20-42-41.png

Also, notice how I have the pre-record set to 10 seconds. I messed with this a lot when I first got everything and either i didn't know what i was doing or it didn't work, but now the pushes seem to have a 10 second delay before the person seems to cross the trip wire. I haven't had enough trips yet to determine this 100% but it feels different than before. Before, sometimes the person would be gone if they were moving quickly when I got the push.

Here I have Main and Sub stream for every single camera. (even the ones without IVS because that is the only way to view the recordings on my phone with the gDMSS. It plays back the sub stream) Here it says snap stream not active...I think that must be the snapshots. But in the actual NVR settings there's the 3rd stream which I'm not recording. I'm also not doing snap shots. Not sure I see the point when I've got separate IVS files to view and get my own snaps.

upload_2017-9-7_20-43-5.png

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Also, here's the camera's IVS page. IDK why snapshot is checked.

upload_2017-9-7_20-46-40.png

DarkHelmet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also, here's the camera's IVS page. IDK why snapshot is checked.

View attachment 21562
Cool thanks for the screens and info. How about the NVR IVS page? Want to see your Log, Message, etc boxes. thanks :)

And I've been triggering local alarms to force a push, so main/sub wouldn't affect that. Just hates me and dont wanna work. Getting to the point of reset.

Also, what OS/Browser are you using? Our interfaces look drastically different. This is my NVR schedule and record page. on Win7 Internet explorer (didnt wanna install more stuff on my chrome, thats why)

Attachments

Last edited:

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by triggering local alarms, but the actual file that's pushed is the substream. If you aren't recording the substream, doesn't matter what you do it's not going to work.

DarkHelmet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by triggering local alarms, but the actual file that's pushed is the substream. If you aren't recording the substream, doesn't matter what you do you're not going to get the pushes.
dont recall ever recording sub streams before, but i will test that. also updated my previous post with another question

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The first screen shots was of SmartPSS

The last one was Firefox.

DarkHelmet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The first screen shots was of SmartPSS

The last one was Firefox.
gotcha

edit: well, reset and redid everything. Still doesnt work. So, I give up until the next update. Nothing else I can test. At least Cam pushes work I guess, so I can at least get linked to the live feed. :\

Last edited:

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

to be for sure, the firmeware link shows on a file called -4k and not -4ks2 . Is this really the correct firmware?
It looks like the same as availible here: Index of /Dahua/kamerove_systemy/_Firmware/01NVR/01-Embedded/NVR5000-4KS2
Its the same (wrong?)file name of the correct folder...

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It seems to be working. Unfortunately after a factory reset I am unable to import my old settings. Did you try this?

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For the first time I actually didn't to a factory reset before or after upgrading. I've seen a ton of people on here stating they never reset, and I was short on time so I just tried it. Seems to be working fine so far.

Sirty

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For the first time I actually didn't to a factory reset before or after upgrading. I've seen a ton of people on here stating they never reset, and I was short on time so I just tried it. Seems to be working fine so far.
Awesome! I've never factory reset before upgrading the firmware. Glad it's working for you!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had several issues which are gone after a factory reset on different dahua devices after upgrading. I would say, if you experience any scary problems it's a good way to factory reset and start from scratch or import an config backup.

Unfortunately is dahuas software / firmware often not so stable and bugs free as I expected. And sometimes you can notice solved problems but on the other side new problems. If you choose only firmwares from the dahuasecurity.com you will get less often ones, but more tested ones.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had several issues which are gone after a factory reset on different dahua devices after upgrading. I would say, if you experience any scary problems it's a good way to factory reset and start from scratch or import an config backup.
Oh absolutely. If anything wonky starts happening a factory reset will be my first move since I didn't reset at upgrade time.