Idmss push notifications "failed to subscribe"

DarkHelmet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Gdmss plus has got an update on the 22.09. therefore I switched back my firmware, could you try If something changed?
app update didnt fix NVR pushes for me.

nosnoop

n3wb
Reaction score
Does the IVS in the iDMSS related to the camera's IVS?
It seems to me that the iDMSS IVS does not use the intrusion area drawn in my camera's IVS setup; and you are allowed to select totally different type of IVS than your camera setup.

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Does the IVS in the iDMSS related to the camera's IVS?
It seems to me that the iDMSS IVS does not use the intrusion area drawn in my camera's IVS setup; and you are allowed to select totally different type of IVS than your camera setup.
In gDMSS and iGDMSS you always see all type of possible events. It doesn´t cares about which one you are using. This is a little bit senseless of course and doesn´t make it handling easier.
But I never seen a different type. Can you make a screenshot?

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You need an nvr to get the clips sent to DMSS.

The phone app (DMSS) gets the IVS clip push that is recorded on the NVR.
In my experience, the phone can get a notification that the IVS was triggered but you won't get a clip of it unless you have the NVR. And currently, nobody can get clips from the NVR since it's broken again.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
You need an nvr to get the clips sent to DMSS.

The phone app (DMSS) gets the IVS clip push that is recorded on the NVR.
In my experience, the phone can get a notification that the IVS was triggered but you won't get a clip of it unless you have the NVR. And currently, nobody can get clips from the NVR since it's broken again.
Clip? You mean image? I am getting mine from NVR to my iDMSS but about every 10th or so image breaks on one camera.

Bill

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was talking about pushing the video clip. I've never messed with snapshots. Have no idea how/if they work.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I was talking about pushing the video clip. I've never messed with snapshots. Have no idea how/if they work.
I rarely had any issue with video clip, I get the video clip to the iPhone pretty much every time. The snapshot is a hit and miss for me.

Dahua released a new version of iDMSS today at the Apple Apps store.

Bill

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I know this has nothing to do with push, but can someone check the Android or ios or both to see if the save icon is there in device manager when you go into edit for a device? It's missing from both for me with the latest app version. Thanks for checking if you can.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I know this has nothing to do with push, but can someone check the Android or ios or both to see if the save icon is there in device manager when you go into edit for a device? It's missing from both for me with the latest app version. Thanks for checking if you can.
If I remember correctly, it get saved the moment you click on Start Preview and it detects that the NVR or cameras are set up correctly.

Bill

vinson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This old vision will be working Android.after setting if u want to change you need uninstall then install this app again then will be good.

Attachments

vinson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
But I try 3 time install and uninstall it`s working. this only working the first time. after that you want to change it setting. u need uninstall then install again .that will work.

DarkHelmet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, so I think I MIGHT be narrowing my issue. I think it has something to do with whatever ID is assigned to the app for pushes. Cam pushes were working (but still not NVR), then i downgraded app, then upgraded again and now no pushes work. So, I'm thinking the pushes might still be sending, but to the old app ID, if that makes sense. So, now I'm trying to figure out to clear everything out and start fresh. I already factory reset NVR and uninstalled app, but that didnt work, so not sure.

Right now I'm trying leaving the NVR completely off for a while. maybe whatever push service it uses will let it timeout and assign a new ID. who knows. will report back if anything starts working.

edit: well, cams started pushing again, NVR still wont

Last edited:

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You can try to subscribe with a Google adress you never used before. This maybe works.

vinson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
its not nvr problem.try to download 3.48 or under vison.they will be working don't update after installed.

Inigo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am able to subscribe to push notification from multiple starlight cameras, but from the NVR I get "failed to subscribe" even though I can view the NVR live stream. (This sounds like the same issue that everybody is having.)
NVR5216-4KS2 - DH_NVR5XXX-4K_Eng_V3.215.0000000.1.R.20170901
IDMSS V3.51.001
My NVR is locked down behind a firewall, and I am using a VPN from my phone to my router to view live stream. Now that I am configured, if I am not tunneled in through the VPN, is there a way for push notifications to be sent/received?
-What would I need to open up in the firewall?
(I currently allow the NVR outbound access of UDP to an NTP server Port 123 and UDP to Port 53 on DNS servers 8 26 56 26 and 8 20 247 20. The NVR and cameras are constantly trying to contact other servers too...)