I'm going a little mad here with settings.....

vimes

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I have six Hikvision cameras. Five DS-2CD2332-I type and one DS-2CD2032-I. All of them have version 5.2.5 firmware.

My NVR is a Hikvision DS-7608NI-SE/P 4 (firmware 3.10 - latest) and each cam is connected to a Netgear POE Switch.

The above run well except....

This bit is driving me nuts.

Should I be setting the bit rate and fps for each of the cams via the web interface for each camera, along with their other settings, BUT then not expect when I login into the NVR for them to change....?

When I set each cameras bitrate and FPS by manually logging in to each camera I then save their settings. I then use the Hikvision tools to check with the bandwidth calculator (check below 40Mbps max of the NVR) and then find the bitrate and fps has changed..!
So I either log back in to each camera or login to the NVR itself via the web interface (the NVR is hidden away and thus I need remote access) and then reset the settings.

I then go back to check with the Hikvision tools to see that one or two have changed again...!

Could anyone please tell me what could be causing these settings to change ans what I could do to prevent such happenings....?

We had some unwelcome visitors recently and it was damned annoying to find tha tone cams bitrate had been reduced to less than 2048Kbps and thus was quite useless for night vision recording.

vimes

n3wb
Reaction score
Hopefully it is sorted. Hadn't taken into consideration to other view possible with the NVR.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My Dahua cameras do that also for some reason, no idea why