syph101

n3wb
Reaction score
Check it on github , It is unpacked

syph101

n3wb
Reaction score
please give me solution how to flash
put the zip file in a sd card and insert it into the camera , power on the camera while holding the reset button. If it does'nt work then We have to analyze the firmware upgrade mechanism after reverse engineering the firmware file.( I encountered the same problem so I atleast got the firmware file by wireshark)

If you are interested in tech/science/welfare, I have created a channel - Channel-X

Reaction score
put the zip file in a sd card and insert it into the camera , power on the camera while holding the reset button. If it does'nt work then We have to analyze the firmware upgrade mechanism after reverse engineering the firmware file.( I encountered the same problem so I atleast got the firmware file by wireshark)

If you are interested in tech/science/welfare, I have created a channel - Channel-X
not working only red light indication

syph101

n3wb
Reaction score
not working only red light indication
Now we have to rely on hackers to figure out what is the upgrade process or if you want to get your hands dirty(If you know some soldering) then buy ch341a programmer and directly flash the firmware onto the chip

Note :- I think, there is not a single file in the firmware upgrade zip package so what I think you can do is(If you have the same camera then dump the firmware off the chip using the programmer from working camera and write the dumped file to the bricked camera ) . It will 100 percent fix it . And you will get two working cameras

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Note :- I think, there is not a single file in the firmware upgrade zip package so what I think you can do is(If you have the same camera then dump the firmware off the chip using the programmer from working camera and write the dumped file to the bricked camera ) . It will 100 percent fix it . And you will get two working cameras
Very likely you will get a duplicate MAC address conflict if the 2 cameras are connected to the same network.

Reaction score
Imou hasn't released a new upgraded version yet. Can someone provide a solution or a Firmware version for this device?

yoda747

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an Imou rex 4k camera and updated the firmware.
And then getting spontaneous reboots every few hours, i messaged them by email.
Received an answer after 1 day, you will then receive a link to a tool and to a bin file of a firmware that is a bit older, so the problem has been solved for me, you can do the same as i did.

Reaction score
I have an Imou rex 4k camera and updated the firmware.
And then getting spontaneous reboots every few hours, i messaged them by email.
Received an answer after 1 day, you will then receive a link to a tool and to a bin file of a firmware that is a bit older, so the problem has been solved for me, you can do the same as i did.
Can you give me the email address you sent them, thank you very much