INSMA wireless IP camera installation help needed!

Dagger

n3wb
Reaction score
8F11507C-392C-45AD-B407-93604977E0B3.png 140D32C8-9383-4451-9749-D9117F938EE9.png hi, I just moved into my first apartment and I managed to find a wireless IP camera from a guy on OfferUp. It is an INSMA wireless IP camera and it uses an SD card and it can even be linked to FTP and has a lot of great features. However I need some help setting it up.

I read the instructions but for some reason I my phone can’t connect to the camera. The camera talks and says network connection success but on the app it says it’s offline. I am beginning to regret purchasing this camera because I’ve spent over 2 hours trying to get it to work. I’ve attracted some images. Someone please help!! The app is called NetCam.

Thank you god bless.

Pictures to the camera i have:

589 A707 A 2 E96 4 F51 89 A5 2007 B9350 D83
B5631 C6 D E39 B 41 FD 800 C 13264 B792 A83

Dagger

n3wb
Reaction score
Junk....you got ripped off.
I figured. It’s ok though after work I’m going to Walmart and buying the Merkury innovations camera. It has 10 reviews and they’re all good, they all say it was the best 30 dollars they’ve spent. Headed to Walmart right after work.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I figured. It’s ok though after work I’m going to Walmart and buying the Merkury innovations camera. It has 10 reviews and they’re all good, they all say it was the best 30 dollars they’ve spent. Headed to Walmart right after work.
Also junk..read the wiki on top

Dagger

n3wb
Reaction score
My situation is that I live in an apartment and I need to find a camera that is battery operated and won’t break the bank. I would get in trouble for drilling holes in the wall.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My situation is that I live in an apartment and I need to find a camera that is battery operated and won’t break the bank. I would get in trouble for drilling holes in the wall.
you have no electricity in your apartment?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I do but I can’t drill holes to plug in the camera from outside I need something rechargeable
the walmart camera is not battery operated and both cameras are indoor only. oh and the reviews are fake.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Put a camera on a window sill looking out. I'd suggest the Annke cube I61DR, but it's out of stock.

Dagger

n3wb
Reaction score
When I get home I’ll see what happens if I plug this camera into my laptop, maybe it will work.

Dagger

n3wb
Reaction score
Yea I feel like I got ripped off I’m sure it works but idk how to find it with the app or computer

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Arlo, AC free. Still junk, but your solution of running with rechargeable batteries

Francisco73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Arlo, AC free. Still junk, but your solution of running with rechargeable batteries
I have not understood what the camera is for. It appears to be an attempt to use a cheap indoor camera outside.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
don't get me wrong, Netgear Arlo is not a bad solution, it all depends on your particular application. It looks like in Dagger case, a wire-free installation is the only solution. I may not call junk to all wireless-battery operated products, but for me is useless since most are not ONVIF compliance. But as I mentioned, it all depends on your particular application. In my case, I carry in my tool box, a wireless IP Cam with over 10 years of good service. It helps me during the adjusting phase of equipment's (looking and heard), located at a separate room.

ip cam.png