Installer recommendation for Texas (Houston area)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Those look to be Dahua specs.. probably <$2000 worth of gear. Common and not really the best.

This is a scam.

Slp82

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Whats weird is they have almost a perfect review rating on Facebook, homeadvisor.com, and google reviews. It seems like someone would have burned them. I know I would if they scammed me. I hear what yall are saying though. The $20,000 price tag is just astronomically ridiculous.

Slp82

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here's the PTZ - Im guessing Andy can get it for you under $500--- Actually its $399 on Amazon
https://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/productDetail/6681
Wow, you are right! I knew someone on here would be able to identify it! If you even just read the section where it says "identity feet and recognize feet" the feet are literally the exact same on both the specs they gave me and that Dahua
SD49225T-HN.

Good job! Now I know they are full of BS. Handmade camera my butt.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Contract is only as good as the person/company backing it. If you asked for a 20k insurance policy backing it I bet they would never return your calls.
This! This company appears to be pulling an insane spam. I sent them a link to the other thread.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A contract is only as good as the amount of Money you have to pay your lawyer. Also the amount of time and frustration you have to spend to in force it.
To inforce a $20000 will cost you more than that in lawyer fees.

Do not be stupid.

Jose R.

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't see how they could screw me.
They take the $20k that's in your name and run? No cameras, defaulted loan, ruined credit, collections, eventual lawsuits until you pay the 20k back?

I wouldn't trust people in my own family to pay a loan in my name much less an obvious scammer.

Don't let this guy near your house.

This further reinforces why you need to be doing this yourself. Doesn't have to be all at once. I do one camera at a time. Say, one per month if need be.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like from their name they target the old who can sometimes be vulnerable. If this is the case then they basically are scum.

EDIT: Just checked their site and it appears that I was wrong, take it all back :)

Last edited:

Slp82

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here are the specs on the LPR they sent me:

1/2.8" 3MP WDR IR Bullet Network Camera
Smart H.265+, 7-35mm Lens, 60fps@3MP, IP67, IK10, 328' IR, PoE, AC24V/DC12V, IVS, Micro-SD Slot, Starlight, UL Listed