Introducing GoSwift Security - $99 4K Bullet Camera

monoxyde

n3wb
Reaction score
Oftentimes people will anonymously register domains for privacy.

I don't really have a problem with that. I have domains that are registered anonymous :) It helps stop the SPAM calls + emails + junk mail.

These cameras look great. My only concern is them phoning home to the heart of red China. I think anyone should ask these questions before hooking these up to their internet. I'd buy one if we could flash our own firmware, there is too much junk that could be hidden.

Also why would the domain name be anonymously registered?

Domain Name: goswiftsecurity.com
Registry Domain ID: 2176175028_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: WHOIS.ENOM.COM
Registrar URL: WWW.ENOM.COM
Updated Date: 2018-10-13T03:20:51.00Z
Creation Date: 2017-10-18T19:31:00.00Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2019-10-18T19:31:53.00Z
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Registrar IANA ID: 48
Domain Status: clienttransferprohibited EPP Status Codes | What Do They Mean, and Why Should I Know? - ICANN
Registrant Name: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Registrant Organization: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Registrant Street: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Registrant Street:
Registrant City: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY

Sean Nelson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
These cameras look great. My only concern is them phoning home to the heart of red China. I think anyone should ask these questions before hooking these up to their internet. I'd buy one if we could flash our own firmware, there is too much junk that could be hidden.

Domain Status: clienttransferprohibited EPP Status Codes | What Do They Mean, and Why Should I Know? - ICANN
Registrant Street:

We own GoswiftSecurity.Com. On all of our websites going forward, we do private registrations, its a small measure to prevent us getting slammed from sales pitches (telemarketers, mass mail).

You can turn the P2P feature off if you want to, this would prevent it from connecting to the P2P server. Of course if you do this, this would mean you would have to port forward which is arguably riskier than doing P2P. The P2P server is not based in China, it is based in the USA.

jjp44343

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can I swap out my current Hikvisions for these and continue using iVMS4200 to record motion or should I use something else?

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score

Registrant Street:
I have been using my goswift since October, disabled PNP and NO issues with security.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
What are you using for an NVR? Are you recording on motion with it?
What are you using for an NVR? Are you recording on motion with it?
Dahua NVR, Motion works NO issues. If you want to use high resolution with the GoSwift, your NVR better be up to snuff if you want to use 4k. My NVR does not support h265 but in lower resolutions it works great.

Sean Nelson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can I swap out my current Hikvisions for these and continue using iVMS4200 to record motion or should I use something else?
The cameras alone wont connect to iVMS. If you go through a Hikvision NVR however, they will.

japjoe7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have my 2 GoSwift cameras setup in BlueIris. I was not successful adding the cameras directly in TinyCam. Do I NEED to add my BlueIris server to TinyCam in order to see these GoSwift cameras?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have my 2 GoSwift cameras setup in BlueIris. I was not successful adding the cameras directly in TinyCam. Do I NEED to add my BlueIris server to TinyCam in order to see these GoSwift cameras?
No you can stream directly to tinycam...you can post directly into tiny cam section of this forum so the developer can add it in the drop-down

Ryan Naff

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok i know that not everyone needs the added features and that this goswift package is awesome for the price point. Of course though, I'm going to be the annoying person who asks if there are any plans to allow users to choose a model of camera or if the idea is just to have a 1 unit solution?

Only reason why I ask is because sound would be awesome or 2 way audio -- as well as a higher frame rate, 30 FPS.

I get that that'll be tough to do for $80 -- like I said, I realize how annoying my post is and that I should probably just step up to a more expensive solution than goswift.

I really like the idea of goswift and the simplicity of it all.

Sean Nelson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok i know that not everyone needs the added features and that this goswift package is awesome for the price point. Of course though, I'm going to be the annoying person who asks if there are any plans to allow users to choose a model of camera or if the idea is just to have a 1 unit solution?

Only reason why I ask is because sound would be awesome or 2 way audio -- as well as a higher frame rate, 30 FPS.

I get that that'll be tough to do for $80 -- like I said, I realize how annoying my post is and that I should probably just step up to a more expensive solution than goswift.

I really like the idea of goswift and the simplicity of it all.
We will definetely have some more solutions coming out for sure. Not annoying question at all. We got some stuff in the works right now.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi, a few questions.
Who is the OEM behind this brand? What SoC, sensor and lens is in this camera and who mfgs it?
What is the warranty for these cameras and NVR and would the product have to be shipped to China if warranty issues occur or just to Nelly shop in the U.S.?
Thanks

VisionxOrb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Cool -- I still need to pull Ethernet to all of my camera locations so I have time!! =)
Ryan Im considering trying 3rd gen deca adapters to convert some of my coax runs to Ethernet. there only 15 bucks on amazon and ebay for a pair and deca runs on band E which should work just fine on rg59 and support 100mbps. just use a 12v splitter to power it with the camera

VisionxOrb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just picked one of these up to test on my hik/lts 8508k dvr. Got it working with baseline profile at the 5.3 mp resolution. AND the most important part... motion detection works, can even set zones directly on the dvr, no need to set on the camera.

Im going to try some directv deca adapters to convert one of the coax runs in the yard from the current hd-tvi to Ethernet to place this new camera there.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I just ordered two of them for part of a commercial install, I have been running some of these myself with ZERO issues. I will be using them with a Dahua NVR that is already in place, I need no whistles and bells and they will be guarding a few entrance doors. Good Camera for this application.

VisionxOrb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Discovered an compatibility issue with my DVR, apparently my DVR defaults to channel 1 for main and there is no way to set it to 0 for the highres feed, I can set it to any channel as long as its 1 or higher, zero is a no go.

EDIT: Disregard, whats happening is the ivms-4200 software looks like its getting the substream from the dvr and wont switch to the main when I open it as main view, however the actual recording on my dvr is from the main stream. The DVR calling it ch 1 tricked me. whats weird is the other high MP cameras do switch to the main stream in the ivms-4200, but they are HD-tvi.

EDIT2: Discovered setting my DVR to enhanced IP mode ( which I think disabled advanced VCA on analog channels ) allows me to run this at full 4k.

Last edited: