Well, mine was just as simple as setting up port forwarding. Everything is working from inside, and outside, my network again.
It's just really strange that I never setup port forwarding at all to begin with, and everything worked just fine for most of a week, before failing completely. Anyway, I'm good again.
The original poster said problem was from LAN and WAN....I agree with what others have said, port forwarding issue. Seems they haven't resolved issue yet though.Opposite problem. They are different
intermittent inside the home network tells me to look at the WiFi connection
False alarm. It was simply just using the WAN address to connect when I did that.I'm still testing, but I've had some success with unchecking "Lookup at each login" in mobile app and removing the port from the end of the LAN address. I have about 24 hours of runtime with no errors logging in thus far.
Your issue is not related.I also have frequent intermittent issues with ”Login Failed: user limit” when using the ios app and on LAN. Do not have issues when away and on WAN. I have tried upping the number of allowed login attempts. I would love to know how to solve this! Many thanks for this community of support!
There is no issue with the app. Likely your router or firewall is blocking connections.I emailed support a few weeks ago about this issue and essentially they just said “they plan to release a new app this summer that will be tested extensively”. I got the impression that they’re not very willing to provide much support for the current app.
There are two or three other users who reported this problem in this thread. One of them has a completely different issue related to the user limit. There are many thousands of blue iris users on the forum. If there was actually a problem with the app there would be many more threads and posts trying to resolve it.Disabled Windows and router firewalls. Didn’t make a difference. Primarily have the issue on LAN only. Seems others are having the same issue.
Including me, I counted approximately 7 users possibly reporting this issue (not including the user limit issue). I agree it’s small user base. I’m not saying it is or isn’t the app. Just because a few people have the problem doesn’t mean a fix can’t be implemented on the BI server or app. There are a lot of different environments out there. It could be a combination of things. I’ve tinkered and played with a handful of things to no avail. Asked support for help- was asked a few questions and the ultimate response was we plan to release a new app in the summer and will test extensively.There are two or three other users who reported this problem in this thread. One of them has a completely different issue related to the user limit. There are many thousands of blue iris users on the forum. If there was actually a problem with the app there would be many more threads and posts trying to resolve it.