iOS app constantly not connecting

COtto1984

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I do think it has something to do at the router level as it seems to be worse on my end when accessing app from my internal WIFI network.

bfollowell

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I saw another post that mentioned port forwarding, and I know I didn't set that up at all initially. So I'm going to check that tomorrow afternoon. The odd thing I can't wrap my head around is, if that's it, why and how did it work without a problem for a week before stopping?

Anyway, I'll post back here if I have any luck.

bfollowell

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well, mine was just as simple as setting up port forwarding. Everything is working from inside, and outside, my network again.

It's just really strange that I never setup port forwarding at all to begin with, and everything worked just fine for most of a week, before failing completely. Anyway, I'm good again.

mikeynags

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well, mine was just as simple as setting up port forwarding. Everything is working from inside, and outside, my network again.

It's just really strange that I never setup port forwarding at all to begin with, and everything worked just fine for most of a week, before failing completely. Anyway, I'm good again.

Take some time and read some of the forum threads on setting up your own VPN. Opening ports through your router, while easy invites problems with your connection now being vulnerable to hackers. Some of the newer routers out there support OpenVPN natively. Setting that up will provide you secure remote access to your cameras which is what you want.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Very possible using port forwarding, that your Home’s external IP address from your provider changed. Happens all the time. Some more often than others.

On a computer at home, go to whatismyip.com and see if your public ipv4 address is the same as what you used to setup the app previously under Device

spankdog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have this problem intermittently. It seems to come and go. App always connects from outside the home but when on local network I get the error occasionally. I haven't spent much time troubleshooting but maybe I will next time I see it.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Opposite problem. They are different

intermittent inside the home network tells me to look at the WiFi connection

spankdog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Opposite problem. They are different

intermittent inside the home network tells me to look at the WiFi connection
The original poster said problem was from LAN and WAN....I agree with what others have said, port forwarding issue. Seems they haven't resolved issue yet though.

As far as the Wifi being the issue in my case It's happened both with my Cisco Meraki network (Firewall/Switch/AP) and Ubiquiti Unifi network (Firewall/Switch/AP) . Two different BI computers. Most of the time its fine but when it happens its both my phone and the wifes.

Last edited: