IP Cam Talk Custom Community DeepStack Model

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@MikeLud1 is it possible to train the model to think this door mat is not a vehicle? The default model also thinks the door mat is bicycle.

View attachment 130734
Funny, but it shouldn't matter much, as it is highlighted in blue, so it is identified as a static (non-moving) object.

M4DM4NZ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry for the n00b question, but first time loading these custom models, do i just copy the general.pt file to my c:\deepstack\sharedfiles folder? and they start getting used?

sb603

n3wb
Reaction score
Just looking for confirmation as I am a newb here. In the custom models section. If we are using the General 3.1 and Animals 2.0. ?

Should the settings be as follows or otherwise?

To Confirm: cat,dog,person,vehicle

Custom Models: objects:0, dark, combined

Thanks!

1655326750692.png

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
To give the newer version a try I removed combined and replaced it with general,animal. It wasn't confirming anything so I went back to combined which worked ok. This morning I put general,animal back on 1 camera and tried capitalizing everything in the confirm list due to some earlier comments and it seems to be working, so is capitalization necessary? Maybe I was doing something else wrong. If this camera is looking good I will try it on some more cameras.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
For general V3.1 use
Code:
person,vehicle
For animal V2.0 use
Code:
bird,cat,dog,horse,sheep,cow,bear,deer,rabbit,raccoon,fox,skunk,squirrel,pig
OK, I'll try that and remove the capitalization, just noticed I got one the log showed "DeepStack: Alert cancelled [occupied] 236ms"

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
For general V3.1 use
Code:
person,vehicle
For animal V2.0 use
Code:
bird,cat,dog,horse,sheep,cow,bear,deer,rabbit,raccoon,fox,skunk,squirrel,pig
@MikeLud1 with the animal V2.0, is raccoon detection good? The reason I ask is that I have a real issue with raccoons right now and I'd like to know when they're on my property so I can dispatch them! ;)

Last edited:

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Just looking for confirmation as I am a newb here. In the custom models section. If we are using the General 3.1 and Animals 2.0. ?

Should the settings be as follows or otherwise?

To Confirm: cat,dog,person,vehicle

Custom Models: objects:0, dark, combined

Thanks!

View attachment 130820
Pretty sure you don't need "objects:0" if you have "Default option detection" deselected in the AI tab.

1655519624774.png

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I killed my main PC that I use to do all the custom model training. I recently upgraded my my GPU and tonight I decided to upgraded my CPU (AMD Ryzen 9 5950X) that I bought a while back. After installing the CPU now Windows 10 will not boot, I get a BSOD. I did want to redo my PC but not at this time. Since Microsoft forced me into do a fresh Windows 10 install I have no choice.

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Does your PC work when you put your old CPU back in?

You may know this already, but just in case.... What was your old CPU and what motherboard do you have? Did you update your motherboard's BIOS for it to work with 5950x? For example if your old CPU was Zen2 or older and your motherboard was running an older BIOS that was before Zen3, even if your motherboard supports Zen3 CPUs, it will need a BIOS update to work with Zen3.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I killed my main PC that I use to do all the custom model training. I recently upgraded my my GPU and tonight I decided to upgraded my CPU (AMD Ryzen 9 5950X) that I bought a while back. After installing the CPU now Windows 10 will not boot, I get a BSOD. I did want to redo my PC but not at this time. Since Microsoft forced me into do a fresh Windows 10 install I have no choice.
A CPU upgrade will do that as Windows is hardware dependent on items such as CPU and Motherboard.

What you need to do if you have the facility to do backups is back up your PC and then do a "Hardware Independent Upgrade". This reinstalls Windows and all your pc without the installation being tied to the previous hardware.

I use StorageCraft Shadow Protect. However, it's quite expensive and it's quite complex to use. I know that won't be an issue for some of you.

The 1st time I tried to use it I spent 2 hours on the phone with their tech support in the US getting talked through it - I made notes so I could use it in the future. The method in the intruction manual was different to how they told me! Manual not up to date? It also cost me at a later date when I made the mistake of installing an update that changed the procedures with the program and I needed more help but my initially free assitance plan had run out. I now work on the basis if it aint broke don't fix it. I never update the program.

Last edited: