IP Cam Talk Custom Community DeepStack Model

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does your PC work when you put your old CPU back in?

You may know this already, but just in case.... What was your old CPU and what motherboard do you have? Did you update your motherboard's BIOS for it to work with 5950x? For example if your old CPU was Zen2 or older and your motherboard was running an older BIOS that was before Zen3, even if your motherboard supports Zen3 CPUs, it will need a BIOS update to work with Zen3.
I did check to make sure the BIOS was compatible. The motherboard I have is a Strix X570-E Gaming. Windows 10 Pro just finished installing.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
It's not the BIOS.

Windows ties itself to certain components within the PC so there are some you can swap out eg graphics cards and some you cannot without killing windows eg CPU, Motherboard. Not sure why it does this. COuld be a technical reason or could be an anti-piracy reason. Either way, if you swap CPU or Motherboard Windows will BSOD.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I just went from a RoG VIII with an 6700K to a Prime Z690 with a 12700K and it booted up the first time with no problems at all. No BSOD and everything was the same, only faster yet.

kklee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've found that Windows 10 licensing is inconsistent with hardware changes. I've upgraded systems with newer generation Intel CPU's/motherboards and sometimes it'll boot up as if nothing changed and other times I've had to reinstall Windows.

andycots

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 3 models, dark, animal and general but when I am testing it also shows combined in the left hand pane on the AI window. I don't have combined in my models.

@MikeLud1 can you put the older person, cat and dog model back up please, I know its an older one but I and some people might still prefer more specific models. Thanks

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have 3 models, dark, animal and general but when I am testing it also shows combined in the left hand pane on the AI window. I don't have combined in my models.

@MikeLud1 can you put the older person, cat and dog model back up please, I know its an older one but I and some people might still prefer more specific models. Thanks
Is this the model you are looking for

Attachments

TBurt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Running the latest general and animal. Getting some unexpected results.
View attachment 131119
View attachment 131113
View attachment 131115
View attachment 131117
I found that general 3.0 gives me more false positives for person/people. This is especially true for trees and bushes. I use it because it never misses a car or person/people at night. I have to mask off trees/etc to fix it. For cameras that send push alerts like my driveway, and front and rear doors I use general 2.1. I tried general 3.0 but it alerted me at 2 am that there was someone at my front door. It was a couple of stray dogs at 75+% confidence. It has a lot of promise with some more training IMHO. Even in its current form, it works great for street, and alleyway cameras. I had to use multiple models at once to catch most things. Even still multi-models still missed some that the latest general would catch. It is fast and uses few GPU resources.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I was previously using combined and dark with less false positives. I’ll stick with general and animal with additional tuning.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I just went from a RoG VIII with an 6700K to a Prime Z690 with a 12700K and it booted up the first time with no problems at all. No BSOD and everything was the same, only faster yet.
I guess you got lucky. It all depends on the changes. However, generally CPU and Motherboard are the ones that cause issues. Hardware indpendent reinstalls avoid the issue.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
@CCTVCam I'll be upgrading an old core 2 duo to the Asus RoG/6700K later this week and will let you know how that goes. I think the key, for me, is they are the same manufacturers motherboards.

Yeah there are a lot of factors - drivers, bios, what Windowws ties itself too. In the past I once upgraded a CPU to a faster one of the same model line and no issues. However, with any sort of major upgrade, I've alwways had to reinstall windows or reinstall a hardware independent clone.

MnM

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just a quick question - if I only want persons and vehicles for day and night the only model I need is the General one?

aadje93

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@CCTVCam I'll be upgrading an old core 2 duo to the Asus RoG/6700K later this week and will let you know how that goes. I think the key, for me, is they are the same manufacturers motherboards.
in the past, BIOS -> EUFI transfer casued issue, then changing the EUFI to legacy boot would fix it, it would "emulate" a traditional boot.

Secondly IDE-> AHCI causes problems too. So check that too, other motherboards would default to IDE while they supported AHCI, moderns all default AHCI, but support IDE for legacy reasons. Seeing a core 2 duo, its defitnyl BIOS not EUFI, and probarly in IDE mode (sata settings)

Last edited: