IP Cam Talk Custom Community DeepStack Model

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Moved Custom Model to first post

Third custom model. I am almost ready to start asking for new images so we can add new labels.

Labels for animal:
bird
cat
dog
horse
sheep
cow
bear

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What are your thoughts of combining the dark model with this new model?

It would be nice to just have one model maybe? Or are we better off to have a daytime and nighttime model?

It has been awhile since I tried to run two custom models, but I know you are probably running two custom models now, so I guess the early issues with two models has resolved?

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
@wittaj I'm currently running the standard object model during the day and dark only at night. Works well. Looking forward to using @MikeLud1 model when ready.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What are your thoughts of combining the dark model with this new model?

It would be nice to just have one model maybe? Or are we better off to have a daytime and nighttime model?

It has been awhile since I tried to run two custom models, but I know you are probably running two custom models now, so I guess the early issues with two models has resolved?
@wittaj I did look into combining the dark model with the new model. I was able to download the images but the labeling will not work with DeepStack training.
I do prefer to use one model at a time for a single camera
All my cameras are only using one model

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'll give that a shot later today!

I think it's also worth mentioning that stopping DS, adding a model to the models directory, and re-starting DS is the best way to add models.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wow. I copied the custom models into the MyModels directory, Stopped and re-Started DS, checked the box to use custom models, and then went to a camera to configure the custom models and all of a sudden the Rekor Scout service failed. I restarted, but it kept cycling on and off. Once I stopped DS and UNchecked the Use custom model folder, and then re-started Rekor agent, all is working again. Maybe due to the fact I am using GPU acceleration for both DS and Rekor Scout, but adding custom models into the mix brought my system to its knees instantly. FYI

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Testing this afternoon went well. Confirmation times were much faster than the standard objects model. I'm running the GPU version with an Nvidia P400 card. Tonight I'm running the combined and dark models. We'll see how those compare.

Also, very random thing started happening today when I started using the combined model. Microsoft Remote Desktop started crashing with an Error code: 0x112f on my MacBook while connecting to my BI Windows 10 PC. I can't see how this could be related to the combined model, but no other changes were made.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I switched over to the latest combined model and it's running fine. At least as fast as the original if not faster. No problems running it with dark either, other than longer detection time introduced by scanning two models.

Another job well done by our Treasury man in action! Thanks Mike!!

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Steps for preparing Images and labeling:

1. Create a folder naming it your IP Cam Talk user name.
2. Copy all the images to the new folder (Images should not have DeepStack Boxes in them)
3. Review all of the images and delete any images that does not have item for labeling.
4. Next go to this link: Makesense.ai to start labeling images
5. Click Get Started in the lower right corner.
1639354912522.png
6. Upload images that need to be labeled. Then click Object Detection
1639355425757.png
7. To load labels use attached labels file
1639355627818.png
8. Next click Start project then click Create labels list
1639355856285.png
9. The below will open up with the list of labels (DO NOT EDIT THE LIST) To start labeling the images click Start project.
1639356194698.png
10. Next use crosshairs to draw box around the objects to be labeled. After drawing each box on the right side select the objects label. Use the arrows on the bottom to navigate to each image that needs labeling.
1639356480181.png
11. After all of the images are labeled click Actions and then Export Annotations.
1639357494385.png
12. Next check A.zip package containing files in YOLO format. Then click Export to save file
1639357614539.png
13. Last step is to zip all images and file you just downloaded. DM me to see how you can send me the files

If you have any question on the steps please let me know.

Attachments

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow. I copied the custom models into the MyModels directory, Stopped and re-Started DS, checked the box to use custom models, and then went to a camera to configure the custom models and all of a sudden the Rekor Scout service failed. I restarted, but it kept cycling on and off. Once I stopped DS and UNchecked the Use custom model folder, and then re-started Rekor agent, all is working again. Maybe due to the fact I am using GPU acceleration for both DS and Rekor Scout, but adding custom models into the mix brought my system to its knees instantly. FYI
I forget, which GPU do you have?

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can try disabling DeepStack default objects model using "objects:0" when using the custom models