IPC-HFW1831C-PIR 8MP WDR IR Mini Bullet Network Camera / Active Deterrence

Discussion in 'Dahua' started by fenderman, Nov 2, 2018.

Share This Page

1. sdl0311

sdl0311 n3wb

So today I've been playing around with the settings and everything still works great. However, I finally learned what was causing my issue. After I did the clean install, I had to re-download some other programs to my computer to include Chrome and my BitDefender Total Security. The obvious problem was the Bitdefender program. Once I installed this, it immediately caused my issue again with the audio talking to the camera. So I added an exception in the "OnlineThreat Prevention" settings, and added the IP address to the exception. I could send an alert audio test from BI to the camera, but was not able to talk to the camera through the ios app. Once I uninstalled Bitdefender, everything works again! Guess I will have to stick with windows defender for now. Still can't believe I didn't think about this the first time. :facepalm::smash:Oh well, goes to prove fenderman was right in thinking that the BI settings were correct and had not been the source of my problem, it was the antivirus/security program I was running. Hopefully this helps others in case someone has a similar issue: don't forget the obvious, and check your antivirus or firewall settings! You live and learn..

anijet and fenderman like this.
  2. fenderman

fenderman Staff Member

Thanks for the follow up. Bit defender has been known to cause issues with BI. Norton works fine. Regardless, of you use any av, make sure you exclude blue iris program and storage folders as detailed in the help file.

looney2ns and sdl0311 like this.
  3. dubb

dubb Young grasshopper

Can this camera withstand being 24/7 in a commercial refrigeration cooler with a constant temperature of 37-40 F?

4. aristobrat

aristobrat IPCT Contributor

37-40'F looks well within its operational range:

Screen Shot 2019-03-22 at 8.34.37 AM.png

5. dubb

dubb Young grasshopper

What way do I insert the sd card?
    The manual or the notch on the camera?

Update: i followed the way the camera listed the notch. It reads it but i think its stuck lol

Also, how do I disable the alarm? When the camera sees motion, the alarm goes off

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019