IPC-HFW4239T-ASE TrueColor - new bullet camera.

Korgoth

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Dahua is introducing new bullet cameras with new Sony Starvis Sensor (IMX327) that is 2.2x more sensitive than previous one (like in HFW5231).
Link to datasheet

I've made some tests of this new fixed bullet camera.
Here is comparison vs AXIS M2025-LE minibullet

Soon I will upload vs standard Starvis HFW4231, Hikvision 2CD2025FWD and Vivotek IB8630

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Dahua is introducing new bullet cameras with new Sony Starvis Sensor (IMX327) that is 2.2x more sensitive than previous one (like in HFW5231).
Link to datasheet

I've made some tests of this new fixed bullet camera.
Here is comparison vs AXIS M2025-LE minibullet

Soon I will upload vs standard Starvis HFW4231, Hikvision 2CD2025FWD and Vivotek IB8630
It’s very good at such low light area, I think if little more light can be very good pics.

woolfman72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i like the coloring but you are pretty much a moving blob of pixelation. How much light was there truely ? Just wondering if that is the issue.

the spec sheet says this.

*Full-color starlight cameras can not work in total darkness environment.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i like the coloring but you are pretty much a moving blob of pixelation. How much light was there truely ? Just wondering if that is the issue.

There was virtually no light as you can see..its very impressive. With a bit of light it will be fantastic.

Korgoth

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

But you can see blob of pixelation, comparing to other camera, it's enough for video analytic to trigger alarm or turn on flood light.

Also, it cannot see in TOTAL darkness, no camera can. You need some kind of light source (moon, distant homes etc.)

Here is Standard STARVIS camera (HFW4231) vs this TrueColor

woolfman72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There was virtually no light as you can see..its very impressive. With a bit of light it will be fantastic.
yeah that is why i was asking what the lighting was in the area. With the current starlights i have enough light to keep them forced into color. So something like this would be even better in my environment.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
There are no street lights in my area so the only time this would work is under strong moonlight or during the winter when clouds are low and light from two blocks away reflects like crazy bouncing off snow and sky and back.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm confused about TrueColor .. are they meant only for areas where it's most important for the camera to always be in color?

I guess what I'm asking, .. for folks that are after the least about of blur in low-light videos as first priority (and can work with B/W recordings), wouldn't the 2MP Starlight in B/W mode have recorded the motion in the OP video with less blur?

Def. not trying to say TrueColor isn't an awesome camera, just trying to figure out if folks are saying that in really low-light situations, these should be considered over 2MP Starlights (in situations where color isn't a requirement and B/W recordings are fine).

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The way I see it you'd want one of these if you have artificial light at night, but not enough light for an ordinary starlight to make a perfectly sharp color video.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
The TrueColor camera has no built in IR lights. Can it be used with external IR? I think this boils down to asking if it has an IR cut filter and B/W mode, or just a permanent IR filter and no B/W mode.

LoLight

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
wopi82 in another thread has mentioned that this camera does have B/W mode with IR cut filter thus could be used with external IR.

LoLight

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm assuming you run the cameras at default settings...

xyvyx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wonder how much better it does w/ B&W and an external IR flood. I realize the main point is it's color capability, but if you went to the cops w/a picture of a blurry guy in a yellow shirt with red shoes, how much good does that do? Would be cool if you could use that image to "colorize" a B&W video being captured in parallel...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder how much better it does w/ B&W and an external IR flood. I realize the main point is it's color capability, but if you went to the cops w/a picture of a blurry guy in a yellow shirt with red shoes, how much good does that do? Would be cool if you could use that image to "colorize" a B&W video being captured in parallel...
You're missing the point... It would do extremely well if it had some light... The reason why the image is blurry is because he has no light there... The point of the video is simply to show how sensitive the sensor is... Not what you would see if you set it up properly with some exterior lighting...

Bubs

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Andy do you have these and what is the cost

Korgoth

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You're missing the point... It would do extremely well if it had some light... The reason why the image is blurry is because he has no light there... The point of the video is simply to show how sensitive the sensor is... Not what you would see if you set it up properly with some exterior lighting...
That was the point. I see that I need to make some test with my garden LED lights on ;)

Wysłane z mojego SM-G935F przy użyciu Tapatalka