Is all QuickSync created equal?

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello!
Looking to build a Windows 10 server for Blue Iris and have some questions. I currently have 2 Dahua IPC-HFW4231B-AS and might buy 2 more cameras but not sure. I have a old PC running a Asrock Q1900 mob with cpu. ASRock > Q1900-ITX On paper it has quicksync and wonder if it can be used. Also wondering about upgrading to some current hardware with this ASRock J5005-ITX . Curious if the new hardware upgrade would be beneficial in keeping CPU usage down?

Mike

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That isn't what he's asking. Those are SoC motherboards, and appear to have quick sync. He's asking if it's the same quick sync, which it would be, and would work.

If you already have one of those, use it. Don't spend money on another one. Those are low power fanless systems, not intended for constant demanding loads.

Last edited:

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That isn't what he's asking. Those are SoC motherboards, and appear to have quick sync. He's asking if it's the same quick sync, which it would be, and would work.

If you already have one of those, use it. Don't spend money on another one. Those are low power fanless systems, not intended for constant demanding loads.
So regardless of the new mobo I linked having more GPU power it wouldn't be a benefit?

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Even when Quick Sync is used, the CPU is still used. That new one is still only a 1.5 GHZ quad core with 2.8 GHZ burst. Once you add more cams, you'll be sorry you spend money on it. Get a proper system.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is only the Intel CPU that has QuickSync. The motherboard needs to support the CPU.

Follow the spec on the mother board and intel cpu.

Again not all quick sync is created equal.

Scott Ritchey

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Be sure to check it out. I have an HP8300 with the i7-3770 chip, a decent CPU and it does have Quick Sync. BUT the Win 10 Intel driver for this chip does not support Quick Sync and I don't want to go back to Win 7.