Is Hikvision DS 2CD2155FWD an EXIR Camera?

djkprojects

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm thinking of getting the Hikvision DS 2CD2155FWD Dome camera however I'm confused as to whether it is an EXIR or not. When I look at US Hikvision site it clearly mentions EXIR but the UK site has no mention of that despite being same number. Are they different models?

Also, where is the IR on this camera:Hikvision Europe (link)

I'm based in UK

Thank you

sfnetwork

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was so wondering this myself... But since there is no visible IR LEDs and it's rated IR 30M, I presumed it was an Exir but where physically is it, never figured it out... (Still ordered it and waiting for it, I guess I'll know then...). On the Turret ones, it's clear where it is, not on these...

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I suspect the IR LEDs are behind black plastic that is transparent to infrared but not to visible light.

Either way it is a dome so it is not immune to any of the problems commonly had with domes.

djkprojects

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thanks guys,

sfnetwork, could you please let us know about it once you got it? Thanks a lot

Anybody in the UK who owns one ?

Thanks

djkprojects

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I suspect the IR LEDs are behind black plastic that is transparent to infrared but not to visible light.

Either way it is a dome so it is not immune to any of the problems commonly had with domes.
Yes, they're not perfect especially when the glass gets wet etc. What alternatives would you recommend? I looked at turrets but can't get myself convinced :)

sfnetwork

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Still curious as this must have been tested so it must be better in some ways over the other dome models with IR leds.
And, usually mounted under something so "usually" doesn't get wet but that would be another conversation I guess lol.

We'll see... I honestly also took it because of the look without the IT leds, looks better IMO (which isn't really a good point for some I guess lol) and I was hoping it was at least as good during night as the other dome ones...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
They are not exir, and avoid these 5mp hikvision if low light/night vision is of any importance to you...

djkprojects

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
They are not exir, and avoid these 5mp hikvision if low light/night vision is of any importance to you...
Thanks fenderman, where is IR on this camera then? The datasheet for this cam says 30m IR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djkprojects

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Looks good I think, are you using any external source of light at night or is it just the IR of the camera? What size lens are these ?

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you still pleased with your purchase sfnetwork? I am thinking of buying this camera as i cannot find the 8mp with a 4mm lens. Also i need a ant-vandal camera as it will be only installed at 2 meters high so not ideal for a turret.

FrankMCN

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Little late to the convo but anyway I fit a lot of TurboHD... here's my take - its all marketing, just Hik's way of saying really good IR/Nightvision, which compared to most it is. The IP turret is a good example, pretty much the same thing in Easy IP 2.0 (2-line) was 'EXIR' - now the new verson makes no mention of it?

IR illumnantor module is about the same between the old and new turrets, range is as much dependent on the sensor itself, meanwhile everything TurboHD has got 'EXIR' written all over it on the websites and spec sheets, the small turbo dome has 2 tiny IR LED's and its also 'EXIR' although does get a good night picture...

Here's the thing though - every Easy IP 3.0 camera has the EXIR logo on the retail box art, the turret, bullet, small dome, bigger VF camera's so take it for what its worth.

EXIR = Hik's version of LED Array, a move by the industry to get away from camera' PCB's being loaded with a few dozen small cheap poorly lensed IR LED's, instead having 1 or 2 properly lensed modules - do the current camera's fit that description?

Last edited:

sfnetwork

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you still pleased with your purchase sfnetwork? I am thinking of buying this camera as i cannot find the 8mp with a 4mm lens. Also i need a ant-vandal camera as it will be only installed at 2 meters high so not ideal for a turret.
So far, nothing but good things to say about this cam. Night and day, very satisfied.
Just wish it would have a builtin mic, adding one using the audio connections is just not convenient IMO (that is the good thing about the mini Dome ones...

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the update :)

Looks good I think, are you using any external source of light at night or is it just the IR of the camera?
Looks like a fair bit of street light in the background.

The pics are excellent quality.