Israel attacked by Hamas...

Reaction score
Though based on the videos of JDAM's levelling buildings, thats exactly whats going on

I hope TF so! Kill every last one of them. I don't care any longer.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Naw, we've got that strategic reserve all filled up to buffer us through events like this....:angry:
Good thing it's never used for political purposes :banghead:
Cross post from the EV thread, and I know its a hot topic but honestly this is why I think it would be good to have most vehicles EV's. If we all have EV's, and power is generated by wind/solar/nuclear, OPEC has a lot less leverage

Yes of course all oil based products like plastics would be affected, but that all has a big buffer, where people see gas prices right away and then lose their mind

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
The way to buffer this kind of problem is to tap our own oil right here in the USA. But the shithead-in-chief made it his #1 priority to undo that.
Maybe I'm missing a major point (Stock prices...), but the US has obsoletely massive oil reserves. The oil used inside the US should be decoupled from the global oil price

Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing a major point (Stock prices...), but the US has obsoletely massive oil reserves. The oil used inside the US should be decoupled from the global oil price
I don't think you can decouple it from global prices. If Saudi and Russia raise their prices, then ours will go up to. The key difference is we DO have the capacity to maintain our own supply to meet our own demand. In other words-- we should not have 1970's style mile-long lines to fill your car at the pump, but the price WILL go up with global prices. The other part of this is I was told much of the domestic oil is not the best or easiest crude from which to refine gasoline. Crude from other parts of the world are easier to refine for gas-- so we export a lot of domestic oil-- and we Import oil to feed gasoline refineries.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Cross post from the EV thread, and I know its a hot topic but honestly this is why I think it would be good to have most vehicles EV's. If we all have EV's, and power is generated by wind/solar/nuclear, OPEC has a lot less leverage

Yes of course all oil based products like plastics would be affected, but that all has a big buffer, where people see gas prices right away and then lose their mind
Fixed it for ya .. :

Cross post from the EV thread, and I know its a hot topic but honestly this is why I think it would be good to have most vehicles EV's. If we all have EV's, and power is generated by Coal wind/solar/nuclear, OPEC has a lot less leverage

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Our refineries are designed to distill heavy sour oil, not the light sweet that we produce. So even when the US is a "net exporter" of oil, we still rely on foreign sources to supply us. Biden says we only need oil for another 8 years though, so I'm relieved that an 80 year old career politician has worked out all the logistics of no longer relying on oil. Too bad we can't have more 80 year old career politicians solve all of our technical problems, because I'm confident that they are the absolute best at understanding physics, economics, and reality.

Reducing dependence on foreign oil is one of the big reasons to reduce fossil fuel consumption. Unreliable and diffuse energy sources are not the answer though. Nobody gets cheaper electricity when they introduce sporadic generation, even if the "fuel" is free. All of the value of energy is that it's available when you want it. A lightning bolt has no value because the energy isn't delivered where it's demanded, when it's demanded.

Next gen nuclear probably is the smartest investment the US could make regarding reliable energy production. We're transferring taxpayer money to used car dealerships (EV tax credits) instead because our 80 year old politicians are either profoundly stupid, or profoundly corrupt.

Reaction score
Hamas .. opening punch to face of opponent ,, in the end it's going to have it's head handed to them by Israel ..

View attachment 174321
Article 19 of the Geneva Convention...pfffft. Since when do POS terrorist's care about laws, rules, humanity, fairness and civility?

Strong Eradication of Hamas and Hezbollah! THEN on to the real culprit.....

Yes, Obliteration will work as well....
1696848717983.png

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Our Future...As Trump warned us, WW3 is very close. I can't see Israel not engaging with Iran after this attack. We all know Iran has nukes, and if not, Russia, their friend, could easily supply them. I won't get into what the Bible says about Israel's last exodus, where they will flee to the mountains.

wrapter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think the moment we transition to EV, the middle eastern oil producing nations loose all leverge they have on the rest of the world. Take for example we know what the Saudi and Qator intelligence agencies do they fund terrorists everywhere in the world.

Even Pakistan got nukes thanks to funding from these countries. Its a open secret that pretty much all muslim countries want to get their own nukes. Because these countries are rich in cash, China and Russia would be happy to build them a nuclear reactor, they all say they want it for peacful purpose but we all know why they want it, once they have the know how they will secretly start making fuel for weapon.

Oil is finite and in the next 100 years which ever country still has them are the only ones who can project military power. Combat jets, bombers, cruise missiles still need fuel. If we are dumb enough to deplete our own oil then we will be trouble in the coming decades.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Our refineries are designed to distill heavy sour oil, not the light sweet that we produce. So even when the US is a "net exporter" of oil, we still rely on foreign sources to supply us. Biden says we only need oil for another 8 years though, so I'm relieved that an 80 year old career politician has worked out all the logistics of no longer relying on oil. Too bad we can't have more 80 year old career politicians solve all of our technical problems, because I'm confident that they are the absolute best at understanding physics, economics, and reality.

Reducing dependence on foreign oil is one of the big reasons to reduce fossil fuel consumption. Unreliable and diffuse energy sources are not the answer though. Nobody gets cheaper electricity when they introduce sporadic generation, even if the "fuel" is free. All of the value of energy is that it's available when you want it. A lightning bolt has no value because the energy isn't delivered where it's demanded, when it's demanded.

Next gen nuclear probably is the smartest investment the US could make regarding reliable energy production. We're transferring taxpayer money to used car dealerships (EV tax credits) instead because our 80 year old politicians are either profoundly stupid, or profoundly corrupt.
Absolutely right! You cannot retrofit our massive refinery capacity from sour crude to sweet crude overnight. It takes a massive effort and would require shutting the refinery down as you modify it. The oil companies heavily invested in the sour crude refineries given US politics to import oil rather than produce it here. Our best bet (at a huge cost) would to build some sweet crude refineries so as not to impact current production.