Israel attacked by Hamas...

Reaction score
I don't think it's Bibi fault.
But he was able to save them if he had accepted the ceas fire deal, they were part of the deal.
The deal was probably very bad, so Bibi did not accept it.
Regardless, people striked today in Israel because Hamas murdered 6 people, I don't understand their logic.
And that is what I mean. Did anyone really take their deal to release the hostages seriously? Who's to say, they gambled that Bibi would not accept it, kill the hostages, so that he would be turned on.

I can't say for certain, you live there, I can go off of what I read. I will always back Israel, and God bless you All! Stay Strong, Stay United!

d5775927

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
And that is what I mean. Did anyone really take their deal to release the hostages seriously? Who's to say, they gambled that Bibi would not accept it, kill the hostages, so that he would be turned on.

I can't say for certain, you live there, I can go off of what I read. I will always back Israel, and God bless you All! Stay Strong, Stay United!
This entire war is based on mind games and causing Israeli citizens to lose trust in the army and the government.
It's like catch 22, you want to get the hostages back and kill Hamas but Hamas makes you to choose one.
Also, Hizballah in the north attacks you in parallel to stress you to stop the south front.
It's like a chess game and Israel doesn't plan far ahead, at least this is what it looks like.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think it's Bibi fault.
But he was able to save them if he had accepted the ceas fire deal, they were part of the deal.
The deal was probably very bad, so Bibi did not accept it.
Regardless, people striked today in Israel because Hamas murdered 6 people, I don't understand their logic.
I want to apologize for our Weak Ass Gov't. We have hostages too, one just died, yet we are not doing any covert operations to go get our hostages. As with any hostage rescue, things can not always go your way. Since it is an Election year here, the present administration does not want another botch operation like they did in Afghanistan.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This entire war is based on mind games and causing Israeli citizens to lose trust in the army and the government.
It's like catch 22, you want to get the hostages back and kill Hamas but Hamas makes you to choose one.
Also, Hizballah in the north attacks you in parallel to stress you to stop the south front.
It's like a chess game and Israel doesn't plan far ahead, at least this is what it looks like.
Hamas are Cowards, hiding behind children, women using them as their defense. A normal war you know your enemy by their uniform, since the majority in Gaza hate Israel and want from the desert to the sea I personally have very little sympathy for them. Your county has enemies on all side, except Jordan. Viet Nam was similar for the US, even though they knew who Charlie was, several citizens would ambush our troops. One vet I knew said they would tie kids up in trees with a weapon for a front line of defense.

I truly feel for ya'll there and pray often for ya'll. Those same people that hate ya'll hate us too. It is appalling all the Pro-Palestine protest here and all over the world.

I hope the return of the hostages but I would not hold my breath. They already killed thousand, what is a 100 more to them. Hamas brought it on themselves, had they returned the hostages many months back, I bet there would be less destruction in Gaza. Israel would of stepped back a bit, IMO.

Never negotiate with Terrorist, they only take more hostages in the future.

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hamas are Cowards, hiding behind children, women using them as their defense. A normal war you know your enemy by their uniform, since the majority in Gaza hate Israel and want from the desert to the sea I personally have very little sympathy for them. Your county has enemies on all side, except Jordan. Viet Nam was similar for the US, even though they knew who Charlie was, several citizens would ambush our troops. One vet I knew said they would tie kids up in trees with a weapon for a front line of defense.

I truly feel for ya'll there and pray often for ya'll. Those same people that hate ya'll hate us too. It is appalling all the Pro-Palestine protest here and all over the world.

I hope the return of the hostages but I would not hold my breath. They already killed thousand, what is a 100 more to them. Hamas brought it on themselves, had they returned the hostages many months back, I bet there would be less destruction in Gaza. Israel would of stepped back a bit, IMO.

Never negotiate with Terrorist, they only take more hostages in the future.
Isreal needs to push for a cease fire.

Completely carpet bomb and level Gaza. A successful ceasefire is when the other side can’t fire.

Those goat fuckers need to know what FAaFO is really about.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I want to apologize for our Weak Ass Gov't. We have hostages too, one just died, yet we are not doing any covert operations to go get our hostages. As with any hostage rescue, things can not always go your way. Since it is an Election year here, the present administration does not want another botch operation like they did in Afghanistan.
Or like the Iranian hostage rescue attempt ..

( see Desert One for those new to this topic )

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There's a lot more nuance to the Arab - Israeli conflict and many conflicting ideals and interpretations of ideals / goals.

In Israel there's a group that also wants a greater religious Jewish state at the expense of non-religious Jews, and non-Jews. ( not often discussed, but a big reason for Palestinians getting screwed in the West Bank as new religious settlements are being developed and farm land taken from those who have owned the farms for generations )

The concept of the "Arab Nation" is a completely failed one .. it was after WWII a very popular concept, and one which the Arabs felt the British betrayed them on their promises from WWI ( see the McMahon–Hussein correspondence ).
So a video from 1977 claiming the PLO statement that Palestinians belong to a great Arabic Nation is no longer truly accurate. If you think of this issue closer, we are looking at Identity politics, and can see the results of it by the forever conflicts in the Middle East ( hint lesson for Americans to learn .. )

Now, as a result of the failure of secular ( and even more moderate ) factions in securing meaningful Palestinian rights in the West Bank and Gaza, more extreme ( typically religious ) groups have gained power.

The rise of the Islamists in the Middle East is one which should cause significant concerns to all.

I do not see peace in the Middle East as possible as long as the extremists and Iran can disrupt it.