Israel attacked by Hamas...

wrapter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Mossad must have placed a explosive charge inside the pager before shipping it to Lebanon. Since ordinary citizens who have nothing to hide there will just use their phones which can be tracked. Pagers can't be tracked but it also means primarly only terrorists or in this case Hezbollah uses them.

Remember just couple of decades back Lebanon used to be a Christian majority nation. Demographic change by islam is very fast.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm thinking they have technology to make the lithium batteries heat up and pop
This whole thing is something out of a James Bond Movie, Imagine all the members getting new technology and having it malfunction and explode, I saw flames on one of the videos. They just took out I bet half their fighting force and killed their ways to communicate with one push of a computer stroke of the keyboards. Talk about causing Chaos. I do not believe for a second that there was any explosive other than a well designed pager designed to just what it did. If it was sealed properly, it could have acted like a pressure cooker before it let go, the battery and some capacitors switching polarity = havoc. I have on more than one occasion Installed capacitors backwards by accident and had them let loose. Heck 1 small tantalum cap about the size of a match head can take your eye out and fill the room with smoke(Don't ask me how I know this) :( I'm sure The autopsy on these pagers will come out soon.

d5775927

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Those terrorists better be careful the next time they make a purchase from the low bidder on any electronic devices. :lmao:
Imagine how much explosives you can store in a TV or a fridge.
We will probably see Hezbollah soldiers living in caves without eletricity just to be on the safe side.
Communication with fire from now on.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

wrapter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This whole thing is something out of a James Bond Movie, Imagine all the members getting new technology and having it malfunction and explode, I saw flames on one of the videos. They just took out I bet half their fighting force and killed their ways to communicate with one push of a computer stroke of the keyboards. Talk about causing Chaos. I do not believe for a second that there was any explosive other than a well designed pager designed to just what it did. If it was sealed properly, it could have acted like a pressure cooker before it let go, the battery and some capacitors switching polarity = havoc. I have on more than one occasion Installed capacitors backwards by accident and had them let loose. Heck 1 small tantalum cap about the size of a match head can take your eye out and fill the room with smoke(Don't ask me how I know this) :( I'm sure The autopsy on these pagers will come out soon.
I have inadvertently shorted 18650 lion cell, I don't know if any one here has used ultrafire batteries in 2009, these where fake Li-Ion batteries with a Lipo pouch cell inside (like in todays phones). When these cells go off inside a flashlight due to overcharging or over discharging, it goes off like a shotgun. While I have seen pictures of people being injured by battery explosion with these cells in flashlight forums. The injuries are mainly superficial injuries or burn injuries due to the fire that NMC or NCA lithium battery cause. Remember the 18650 cell is half the size of a entire pager. The potential energy stored in these are much higher then the tiny battery or capacitors found in a tiny pager. Even a capacitor in a power supply or UPS which are big will not cause injuries like the one you see in Lebanon.

Some of the videos on telegram showing injuries, clearly shows that its a miltary grade explosive charge.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Same theory as an average bullet. Set it off laying on the ground in the open with fire and it pops and generally wont hurt you. Keep it encased in a chamber and BOOM
Like a grenade

They should of added shrapnel...lol

Hey, why do these pagers weight 5 pounds, haha

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Genius, pure Genius, they scared them into not using cell phones, got rid of their pagers and when they only had Walkie-Talkies left, they blew them up too...now they have to go back to using smoke signals...hahahahaha

Go Israel...