IVS problems with IPC-HDW5442T-ZE

im327

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@im327 for testing, disconnect from BI completely. Reset the cam, setup IVS trips in the web GUI of the cam directly using IE, throw an SD card (if you have one) in the camera (helps when reviewing footage) and test locally first that way you can fault isolate as you go then introduce the pieces back into the equation.

HTH
Thanks for the tip. I've been using Chrome with the IE plugin so I could see the lines in live view.
Just tried IE had to click on add plugin and it worked. Never thought I had the plugin as my system is always offline, Thanks.
I never put a SD card in any of my cameras. I do have one. Does it get formatted before you put it in or can the camera format it?

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
You can go to the Storage menu in the camera and format it there. Also try setting Intrusion IVS rule as part of your testing and be sure to test that too.

Thanks for the tip. I've been using Chrome with the IE plugin so I could see the lines in live view.
Just tried IE had to click on add plugin and it worked. Never thought I had the plugin as my system is always offline, Thanks.
I never put a SD card in any of my cameras. I do have one. Does it get formatted before you put it in or can the camera format it?

im327

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You can go to the Storage menu in the camera and format it there. Also try setting Intrusion IVS rule as part of your testing and be sure to test that too.
Thanks for all your help, your the best. I'm still using Your old tip of HLC 90 and 18 IR on all three of my 5442 cameras and I can see faces.

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
5/29 was the last stable FW per my notes
That FW keeps identifying our family dog as human on SMD
The IVS keeps getting human intrusions from him.
And the face recognition always finds him to be confused.
Personally, I tend to believe that the one confused here is the IPC and my dog didn't turn to be human after all.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi Bick,

just a hunch: what happens if you drop the intrusion box and switch to a (single) tripwire, like you did on your other cams. The reason why I'm hunching this idea: your boxline is really close by the border, one of my cams did not pick up anything (eg no green "drawing" box around your body).

Keep us posted!
CC

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have downgraded the firmware ! i will try tonight thanks !

BICK

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@bickford try downgrading to 5/29 and doing a factory reset after. 5/29 was the last stable FW per my notes and testing while we await the next test release.

I don’t see any issues day or night on mine but will specifically clear my config and run another tripwire & intrusion test tonight for you in zero light.

and to answer your question, No, B&W with IR should not make any difference vs color, trips and other IVS rules should work regardless.

For the other forum member that asked about the B5442, I did test 5/29, 6/20 on my B5442 and have not experienced this issue there with either of those.

HTH will report back
I believe it was @bigredfish that had a 5442 that needed to be factory defaulted a total of 3 or 4 times, then it worked as it should.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep and rebooted as many times , just seemed like it didn’t want to take. Finally did and works well now.

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Tried tonight and problem is the same :/

BICK

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you tried isolating from BI just using (if using it), setting all up in web GUI from IE ? This of course after the magic @bigredfish 3x default in a row move ? If not try those steps now and let us know. Also if you haven’t tried intrusion boxes try that too to see if ALL IVS rules are impacted, will help to isolate.

HTH

Tried tonight and problem is the same :/

BICK

im327

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I deleted camera from BI removed power and installed sd card.
Did a factory default setup some simple tripwires and intrusions.
During the day It would work in one direction only tripwire and intrusion. (approaching camera face showing)
If I came in from the bottom of the scene back to camera It did not trip.
Tonight I can't get anything to trip but I might not have this sd card record thing set up right.
Never used sd card before. I did not do Global Setup.
Do you have to log out of web ui to get these rules to work?
When I started I had newer firmware with a zig zag line that worked only in the day.

random101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Come to think of it my ivs doesn’t work at night either...

im327

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My last try was with both, IE with plugin and Chrome with IE plugin.
Tomorrow I'll try to do the Global Setup first and set Max and Min size. Didn't do it this time.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@im327, @random101 if either of you want me to jump on your cams this coming week and take a look then DM me. Again would recommend doing all testing at 5/29, fully defaulted, disconnected from BI while performing the test, config set in IE through camera web GUI and test IVS Trips & IVS intrusion.

LMK

I deleted camera from BI removed power and installed sd card.
Did a factory default setup some simple tripwires and intrusions.
During the day It would work in one direction only tripwire and intrusion. (approaching camera face showing)
If I came in from the bottom of the scene back to camera It did not trip.
Tonight I can't get anything to trip but I might not have this sd card record thing set up right.
Never used sd card before. I did not do Global Setup.
Do you have to log out of web ui to get these rules to work?
When I started I had newer firmware with a zig zag line that worked only in the day.

im327

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@im327, @random101 if either of you want me to jump on your cams this coming week and take a look then DM me. Again would recommend doing all testing at 5/29, fully defaulted, disconnected from BI while performing the test, config set in IE through camera web GUI and test IVS Trips & IVS intrusion.

LMK
Thanks for the offer and all your help but I really don't want to put my camera online.
Plus this is not critical for me I had a working solution and another camera that covers this area.
Newer firmware worked both ways in the day and at night I had BI turn on motion detection.
At night there is nothing behind my house to cause false alerts.
But I want to keep trying with this.
Tomorrow night I want to see what happens (Intrusion-Appears) if I come in from the bottom of the scene, back to the camera and then turn around. Will it then trip?
Is it ok to format sd card to delete recordings. I couldn't find another way to do it.
Once formatted again can you just continue to try new settings?
I didn't see any files listed in the storage/local section. Is that normal?
I could only see them on the timeline and listed on the right in the playback section.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes it’s ok to format card in camera.
In camera Web GUI (using IE only) you click on the Playback menu select your date criteria on the right along with file type from selection box (on right also) which is dav (video), jpg (stills of course) then you can click the little button at the bottom with the 4 horizontal lines and that will list all caps on the cam.

HTH

Thanks for the offer and all your help but I really don't want to put my camera online.
Plus this is not critical for me I had a working solution and another camera that covers this area.
Newer firmware worked both ways in the day and at night I had BI turn on motion detection.
At night there is nothing behind my house to cause false alerts.
But I want to keep trying with this.
Tomorrow night I want to see what happens (Intrusion-Appears) if I come in from the bottom of the scene, back to the camera and then turn around. Will it then trip?
Is it ok to format sd card to delete recordings. I couldn't find another way to do it.
Once formatted again can you just continue to try new settings?
I didn't see any files listed in the storage/local section. Is that normal?
I could only see them on the timeline and listed on the right in the playback section.

im327

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was able to get it working during the day single tripwire or single intrusion box (appears) both directions no Global Setup or min max required.
Then I drew an intrusion box almost full screen plus a single tripwire parallel to the back of my house so as you approach my back windows it would trigger.
During the day both would trigger both directions perfectly.
I did notice that when I came in from the bottom of the scene it took a lot longer to trigger the intrusion box (appears).
Camera is kind of looking down on a person when you enter the scene from the bottom.
Even during the day it seems very fussy where you put the tripwires.
My scene behind the house is corridor mode type only about 15 feet wide and very long, behind a row of many houses (requires two cameras coming and going).
Left setup as is. At night no triggers at all.
Tomorrow I'll try each one alone.

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
what backlight do you use?
I found out last night that one of my IPC triggers in the dark and another one doesn't. The first was using WDR and the second was using BLC.
I'm not sure if it's got something to do with it, but I'll try to set them both to use WDR and see if it makes the difference.

im327

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
what backlight do you use?
I found out last night that one of my IPC triggers in the dark and another one doesn't. The first was using WDR and the second was using BLC.
I'm not sure if it's got something to do with it, but I'll try to set them both to use WDR and see if it makes the difference.
I've been using HLC 90 with manual 18 IR this shows the face for me. It was a Wildcat_1 tip a while ago. Tonight I tried many combinations of Intrusion (Appears) and tripwires.
I think it does work but I can't find a combination that will reliably trigger where I need it to at night.
I either get the top of the scene to work or the bottom but not both together.
I still have not done the Global Setup.
I wonder if the exposure setting can affect IVS at night?

Last edited: